Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Beaks kit with lower tie bar vs asr ek reinforcement kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beaks kit with lower tie bar vs asr ek reinforcement kit

OK guys I am looking to pick up a reinforcement kit for my 99 si. I will be using an itr rear sway and I want the kit that will most insure me against rear sub frame tear-out.

Driving conditions: The car is a daily driven 99 si with ctr springs and shocks. I will be auto-xing once a month with it.

Pricing: The Beaks kit with the lower tie bar will run $170 shipped. The asr kit will run $180 shipped. So, for a $10 difference I am indifferent, price-wise between the two.

Let me know your guys' opinions on both.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=7

This is my vote....
Old 07-25-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Re: (fishnfst)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fishnfst &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=7

This is my vote....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe, I would be worried if it wasn't
Old 07-26-2004, 06:33 AM

Default Re: (sinatra)

bump
Old 07-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (sinatra)

The ASR kit was obviously designed to be stronger than the beaks kit - not to mention you are running CTR springs (not the stiffest) which is when the beaks kit seems to have problems with subframe tearout...go with ASR...IMO this is a "no brainer" hence the reason why "smoke weed everyday" is the top choice -please stop bumping this
Old 07-26-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: (adirondackR)

I have run some pretty soft springs in the back of my coupe with the ITR bar and beaks kit, and haven't had a problem for 5 years. That ASR kit is just a bit over the top, nothing like Hype-Tech to sell products though.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Beaks kit with lower tie bar vs asr ek reinforcement kit (sinatra)

that asr bar looks badass.. i had a beaks reinforcement kit on my old civic and it was a good insurance again subframe tearout w/ my itr 23mm bar.. i cant wait till i get the money to redo the suspension my car now, but it will be built to drag race not road race like my last project
Old 07-26-2004, 01:09 PM

Default Re: (adirondackR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adirondackR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The ASR kit was obviously designed to be stronger than the beaks kit </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not obvious to me nor was there much info on it when I did a search; hence the poll.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adirondackR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go with ASR...IMO this is a "no brainer" hence the reason why "smoke weed everyday" is the top choice -please stop bumping this </TD></TR></TABLE>

I bump this because I got one response. I will bump this until I get responses from people who actually used the products, not from people who are clearly so smart they can just tell by looking at them which is the obvious choice.

I have noted your choice though and thank you for your input.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboBumblBee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that asr bar looks badass.. i had a beaks reinforcement kit on my old civic and it was a good insurance again subframe tearout w/ my itr 23mm bar.. i cant wait till i get the money to redo the suspension my car now, but it will be built to drag race not road race like my last project</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DavidR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have run some pretty soft springs in the back of my coupe with the ITR bar and beaks kit, and haven't had a problem for 5 years. That ASR kit is just a bit over the top, nothing like Hype-Tech to sell products though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

More what I am looking for guys, thank you.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ASR, hands down.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I will bump this until I get responses from people who actually used the products, not from people who are clearly so smart they can just tell by looking at them which is the obvious choice.</TD></TR></TABLE>
the point of subframe reinforcement is to spread out the forces from the sway bar over more surface area to prevent tearing. if you have even looked at what both kits look like, you will notice that the beaks kit has a very very small surface area compared to the asr kit. that is how people can tell that it is a better kit just by looking at it. AND, if you took the time to read the thread, you would know about all the R&D put into the ASR kit to make sure it was as good or better than what was offered.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:46 AM

Default Re: (Sobe_Death)

That ASR kit looks f'ckin sweet. I vote ASR!
Old 08-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM Ninja)

So as far as guys with eg's we only have one choice correct?...the beaks kit.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Doesn't comptech make a bar for the eg's
Old 08-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fishnfst)

i believe so ...sorry i meant just between the two the beaks and the asr...sorry i should have been more specific.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:20 PM

I recently purchased the ASR Racing Brace and I sold my brand new Beak's kit reinforcement plates.

I believe I have made the right choice.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DavidR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DavidR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have run some pretty soft springs in the back of my coupe with the ITR bar and beaks kit, and haven't had a problem for 5 years. That ASR kit is just a bit over the top, nothing like Hype-Tech to sell products though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nothing like tearing your sub-frame cause you are an idiot

Hype-Tech ehh? <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adirondackR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The ASR kit was obviously designed to be stronger than the beaks kit ...go with ASR...IMO this is a "no brainer" hence the reason why "smoke weed everyday" is the top choice -please stop bumping this </TD></TR></TABLE> <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sobe_Death &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ASR, hands down.

. AND, if you took the time to read the thread, you would know about all the R&D put into the ASR kit to make sure it was as good or better than what was offered.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Beaks kit ehhh?

I own the ASR kit, but I am going to vote for smoking weed every day because that might help you more
Old 08-17-2004, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Beaks kit with lower tie bar vs asr ek reinforcement kit (sinatra)

ASR Kit
Old 08-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Beaks kit with lower tie bar vs asr ek reinforcement kit (mp7235)

Where can I get the ASR Kit? What is the website?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beaks kit with lower tie bar vs asr ek reinforcement kit (mEKsican)

http://www.a-spec-racing.com

I vote comptech, then ASR.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Beaks kit with lower tie bar vs asr ek reinforcement kit (atc5)

ASR kit is a good choice.