Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Bad intermediate shaft?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad intermediate shaft?

Ok, here is the story. 199 honda civic si. My ball joint broke on the highway, causing my car to lose control and crash. Took it to the body shop, the replaced the axle, balljoint and brake line that was broken, and straightend out the front end. Got the car out of the shop, took it for a drive, and it had a bad shake to it. Now on the side where the ball joint and axle were broken (drivers side), the tire sits straight up(car is lowered so it should have some camber like the rest) but it sits straight up, almost too straight up. We put the car on jack stands, put it in gear and drove it while the body shop guy was underneath and said that the intermediate shaft looks like its slightly coming in and out of the tranny and causing a shake, and something about where the bearing is he can tell it looks bad. Well i guess what i am saying, is could that cause the car to shake? why is the tire straight up, would an alignment take car of that(as soon as the car came out of body shop its been parked in my garage because of winter) and am thinking i should replace the intermediate shaft before i go get an alignment? Well any input to this would be great, sorry for the huge paragraph. Thanks. Chad.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Bad intermediate shaft? (mnskateboarder)

do you have adjustable upper control arms for camber adjustment in the front?
Old 12-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bad intermediate shaft? (dogfood)

Yes. Taking it to get alligned, would they adjust those and what not? since its not stock on civics and its aftermarket?
Old 12-03-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Bad intermediate shaft? (mnskateboarder)

If the guys aren't dicks they should adjust those, Camber is a part of the alignment, stock or not, don't let them get away with not adjusting that
Old 12-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bad intermediate shaft? (dogfood)

Ok, yeah hopefully the reason that 1 tire is straight up is because the camber got messed up when the wheel flipped out from the ball joint breaking. cause thats the only one thats not normal.

Now i just gotta get the intermediate shaft squared away and hope that solves the shaking problem. anyone heard of that problem before?