Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B18B swap in auto EG, a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B18B swap in auto EG, a few questions...

So I'm gunna do a B18B swap out of a 94 Integra into my buddy's 93 dx EG hatch. I have everything, I mean everything, from the Integra and of course the motor and trans are still in the EG. The EG is an auto and the B18B is a stick so there is an auto to manual conversion as well. Lol, good times.

Anyway, my questions I can't seem to find using the search is: what is the company that makes the aftermarket mount for the tranny so I don't have to cut and weld the frame rail braket? Is it innovative or something?
And for sure the LS harness will plug right in to the EG shock tower harness and the LS ecu will plug right into the EG ecu plugs, correct?
Also, will all the mounts that bolt to the motor and trans on the LS work and then rubber mounts on the chassis from the D15 will work as well right? Or is there a couple that I need to swap like on an EK?

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B18B swap in auto EG, a few questions...

You need all the mounts from the ls..and yes everything plugs up you dont need to do any wiring.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks!

Oh, I found the info on the mount, Innovative, Hasport, and another no name company make them for the auto to manual swap.
Still curious about the other two questions though. Thanks!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes the ECU plugs right in, and so does the engine harness. The map sensor on your buddies hatch is going to be firewall mounted (its attached to the fuel filter bracket), unplug it from that map sensor and connect the harness that went to it to the throttlebody mounted map sensor on the B18B, disregard the map sensor plug on the teg harness.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 94EG8
The map sensor on your buddies hatch is going to be firewall mounted (its attached to the fuel filter bracket), unplug it from that map sensor and connect the harness that went to it to the throttlebody mounted map sensor on the B18B, disregard the map sensor plug on the teg harness.

That is exactly correct

Many people get confused about which MAP connector to use.

I am mystified why Honda decided to use and external MAP sensor just for the DX (in the US).
Old 05-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did this same conversion. conversion mount from innovative, $150 shipped. Lines, pedals, shift linkage, and the rest of the motor mounts, you will need from the teg.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have some secrets that will help make everything easier if you've never done the conversion before.