Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16a2 no spark

no spark at all!!!

get msd wired!!
change diz
change wires
just waiting on friend for stock dizzy!! idk thinking that might not be the problem??
hopeing its not the harness....
what could be the cause of it??
let me know what you guys think??
Old 11-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b16a2 no spark (exit22lsv)

have u checked to see if the timing belt broke???
Old 11-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b16a2 no spark (wrenchez81)

a broke timing belt is not going to cause you to not get spark. spark is related TOOOOOO crankshaft position sensor. make sure its plugged in. also make sure your oil pressure sending unit is plugged in as well.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: b16a2 no spark (Mr. Chainsaw)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a broke timing belt is not going to cause you to not get spark.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Right... The same timing belt that turns the distributor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> spark is related TOOOOOO crankshaft position sensor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh huh, that would be in the distributor I just mentioned.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b16a2 no spark (94EG8)

NO, the CRANKSHAFT position sensor is at THE CRANK, hence the name CRANKSHAFT position sensor. the CAMSHAFT position sensor is inside the distributor. the camshaft position sensor is for the fuel injectors, not spark.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also, i would really hope someone would know what an engine sounds like with a broken timing belt. the sound of no compression is quite distinctive.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Seagull Management

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NO, the CRANKSHAFT position sensor is at THE CRANK, hence the name CRANKSHAFT position sensor. the CAMSHAFT position sensor is inside the distributor. the camshaft position sensor is for the fuel injectors, not spark.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check your manual again. The 3 sensors in the distributor are:
crankshaft position sensor
cylinder position sensor
top dead center sensor

The sensor you are thinking of is the crank angel sensor. There is no camshaft position sensor on a D or B series honda and so far as I know there is none on the F and H series engines either.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also, i would really hope someone would know what an engine sounds like with a broken timing belt. the sound of no compression is quite distinctive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Normally, not always though, I broke a timing belt on the road once, engine just shut off, no warning, no noise, just quit, tried to start it while coasting and honestly it didn't sound any different cranking over than an engine with no fuel, didn't spin over fast like you would expect it to either.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ugh geniuses.............................!!!! if the distributor is driven by the exhaust or intake cam and the timing belt breaks , the cams do not turn.... than the distributor is not turning which will give you a no spark condition!!! whatta buncha beeeeeepin beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps!!
cmon people getta clue!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrenchez81 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ugh geniuses.............................!!!! if the distributor is driven by the exhaust or intake cam and the timing belt breaks , the cams do not turn.... than the distributor is not turning which will give you a no spark condition!!! whatta buncha beeeeeepin beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps!!
cmon people getta clue!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i really hope you don't work on cars for a living. a broken timing belt would be one of the easiest things to diagnose. he has an electrical issue, not a broken timing belt.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

actually my friend I DO work on cars for a living ... graduated from LTI in jersey and have been a master tech for the last 6 years and im here to tell you that if you break a timing belt on a honda you will have no spark cumcuat!!!! if the distributor is not spinning it is not spinning the rotor which cannot give spark if it aint spinning!!!! i really hope you dont work on cars for a living!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Seagull Management

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrenchez81 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ugh geniuses.............................!!!! if the distributor is driven by the exhaust or intake cam and the timing belt breaks , the cams do not turn.... than the distributor is not turning which will give you a no spark condition!!! whatta buncha beeeeeepin beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps!!
cmon people getta clue!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats what i've been saying.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i really hope you don't work on cars for a living. a broken timing belt would be one of the easiest things to diagnose. he has an electrical issue, not a broken timing belt.</TD></TR></TABLE>

We don't know that, and its the OP thats doing the diagnosis, not wrenchez81. We can only go by whatever info the OP posts and for all we know the timing belt could be broken, no one here knows how mechanically inclined the OP is or how much expirence he has working on cars. Your pic btw is of the crank angle sensor, the engine will run without it, but not well.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

absolutely true my friend!!!! my point stands true however that if you break a timing belt you will have no spark!! SO SUK A NIKKA DIK O SUMPTIN!!!! wanna question my abilities or who i am or what i know!!!! dooood ,,,, you don't know me or of my status of machines particularly hondas so don't speak unless you know!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrenchez81 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually my friend I DO work on cars for a living ... graduated from LTI in jersey and have been a master tech for the last 6 years and im here to tell you that if you break a timing belt on a honda you will have no spark cumcuat!!!! if the distributor is not spinning it is not spinning the rotor which cannot give spark if it aint spinning!!!! i really hope you dont work on cars for a living!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

that scares me to no end. judging by your blatant stupidity, i wouldn't let you work on my lawn mower. i've got money saying it's not a broken timing belt. to jump to a radical conclusion like that is pretty... well, amusing. judging from your lack of common sense, i'd be inclined to bet you couldn't diagnose a fart in a wind tunnel, jersey boy.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LMFAO!your avatar says it all [freak]in noob!! why dont u pick up a textbook on automotive technology and get a [freak]in clue!! by the way from the boogy down is where im from not jersey!! thats were i went to tech school for three years!! so i heard the birds just fall outta the sky there cuz there aint no where to land !!! [freak]in flatlanders!!! doood,, look up how a timing drive works on a honda before you open your pie hole!!!! again if the timing belt is broke and the distributor is driven off of a cam,, and the belt breaks,,,, then the crankshaft spins and the cams do what.................................... im waiting........................................... ...........and im still waiting................... STOP THE CAMS HERGO THE DIZZY STOPS MOVING!!!! HENCE NO SPARK!!!!!!!! geeeeeeeeeeez why dont you go play madden or something and leave this technical stuff to those who know what we are talking about!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Seagull Management

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've got money saying it's not a broken timing belt. to jump to a radical conclusion like that is pretty... well, amusing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Look, no one said it was a broken timing belt, it was just mentioned as a possibility, and honestly for the little bit of work it is to pop the valve cover and top timing belt cover off its not a bad idea to check. Do I expect it to be a broken timing belt? No, Is its a possibilty? Yes, and that makes it worth checking.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HOLY SHIZ!!! SOMEONE SEEZ MY POINT!!! thank you dude!! i aint sayin its his problem!! it was only a suggestion, if you look at my original reply you will see this!!!! but dont worry i aint from missouri so you aint gotta show me LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! unlike some people!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:50 PM

relax guys!! its only a forums. but ya the timing is cherry! sensors cherry! i can see the timing moving and and cam gear moving as well!!

got from another forums msd blaster ss is what i got and they said their know for going bad easy??//.....
Old 11-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (exit22lsv)

ok well .... on the + side (blk/yel) should have key power and the - lead should be your secondary trigger and should flash while cranking. if so than the coil is at fault. if you don't get key power on the blk/yel then check the schematics for the power origin.... if the blue is not flashing... then check at the ecu for ckp and tdc signals... if they are present and still no signal i do believe the ecu is at fault... you may wanna check a troubleshooting tree first..

Modified by wrenchez81 at 5:25 AM 11/5/2008
Old 11-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wrenchez81)

if you need anymore help ypu can pm me bruh!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wrenchez81)

I didn't have spark one time and pulled my valvecover to find a broken intake cam. Anything is possible