Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b16a2 leaking coolant from intake manifold? need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16a2 leaking coolant from intake manifold? need help

im having a current issue with my swaped jdm b16a2, i keep leaking coolant from like under the intake manifold or something, is there coolant lines that run under there or does someone have a diagram picture, It's never over heated, it just sucks i fill up the over flow resivor and in like 4 days it will be low, but then it dosnt drip/leak.

I noticed it one day cause my car was smoking so i pulled over asap, it was smoking from under the IM but come to find out it was just coolant driping onto my header and burning off, I think its only happend when i hit vtec and high rpms, I had my fast idle valve removed befor so i think it may be leaking from were the nipple comes out the back of the block right under the IM, the nipple had cracked the other day and it was dripping into this little rectangle shape indented in the back of the block and pooling, so i replaced the rubber nipple with a coolant block off nipple and a hose clamp,

Shoudl i not be using a hose clamp, ( not sure if thats the name but the ones that use a flat head and the screw tightens it up)

Use one of the clamps, that you squeze together with some pilers?

Could i have a cracked IM?

Or a cracked block?

there should be plenty of info so if anyone ever had some bullshit like this happen to them, please drop some info to take care of it.

Thanks,
Jay
Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b16a2 leaking coolant from intake manifold? need help

I would try to replace the broken nipple with a new nipple and run the coolant line to where the fitv exit line should go.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b16a2 leaking coolant from intake manifold? need help

Is that possible because i had them CNC a block off plate, but there is still a peice coming out the top of the throttle body so i should get a coolant line and just run it from the back of the block to that and it will be ok?.