Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

AUTO WIRE HARNESS ON 5 SPEED .. HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUTO WIRE HARNESS ON 5 SPEED .. HELP!!

ive seen ppls do this but i cant seem to get it to work for me .. using an auto engine harness for a 5 speed car ..

so i got a civic obd2a auto engine harness (DX) for my obd2a 5spd motor(LX) got the LX ecu also .. got everything hooked up but when i try to start it i get nothing .. the motor cranks but im not getting any fuel or sparks .. do i need to repin my ecu? .. any help would be appreciated .. thanks in advance ..
Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AUTO WIRE HARNESS ON 5 SPEED .. HELP!!

doubt that you would need to repin anything i just swapped out my original engine harness (MT) for a engine harness from a auto car and was simply plug and play, car runs normally, the only thing is that in the engine bay your going to have extra plugs, which (previously ) would connect to the tranny (auto). i also have a DX model car with a LX ecu, so you might have other problems, engine harness is not one of them
Old 04-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by majrneo
doubt that you would need to repin anything i just swapped out my original engine harness (MT) for a engine harness from a auto car and was simply plug and play, car runs normally, the only thing is that in the engine bay your going to have extra plugs, which (previously ) would connect to the tranny (auto). i also have a DX model car with a LX ecu, so you might have other problems, engine harness is not one of them
well thats what i thought too .. maybe ill retrace my harness and check everything over again .. dont know why im not getting any fuel or spark tho .. did you rewire anything or was it all just plug and play? .. read some threads where it said you needed to wire something for the reverse lights to work . or is that just for doing an auto swap to manual swap? . i needa get my fix asap my smog is due in a week .. lol
Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

now that you mention that, my reverse lights are not working i thought the bulbs just went out, but i'll check, other than that i'm very sure its simply plug and play.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

now that you mention that, my reverse lights are not working i thought the bulbs just went out, but i'll check, other than that i'm very sure its simply plug and play.
weird tho cuz im not getting no spark or fuel tho .. and on my auto engine harness the plug on the driver side .. there's an extra plug on the auto harness .. not sure what that is .. was your car always MT? or did you do a AT to MT .. i have my dx harness but i had to repin when i did my B swap and changed the IVAC .. might just have to switch back to that if this auto harness dont work ..
Old 04-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my car is MT d16y7, my harness was ****, all cut and crap, so i got a auto harness, works fine, simply plug and play, you just get extra plugs in the engine bay, and a extra plug on the ECU, but since you have MT just leave it hanging there. heheh
Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well it sounds like you have a lose ground or you didnt connect the ground properly or at the right location.. make sure you have an extra ground going from the engine bay to the tranny
Old 04-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my car is MT d16y7, my harness was ****, all cut and crap, so i got a auto harness, works fine, simply plug and play, you just get extra plugs in the engine bay, and a extra plug on the ECU, but since you have MT just leave it hanging there. heheh
thanks thats good to know .. but there was also this extra plug by the driver side on the auto harness that doesnt go into anything .. i know there's suppose to be 3 plugs left alone on the tranny so im just wondering what this other plug is for ..

Originally Posted by burnykawizzle
well it sounds like you have a lose ground or you didnt connect the ground properly or at the right location.. make sure you have an extra ground going from the engine bay to the tranny
thanks ill recheck my grounds tomorrow .. hopefully thats it ..
Old 04-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well got it running . FINALLY!!! .. turns out it was my ecu .. i was running my DX 5 speed ecu instead of my LX one .. didnt think there was a differences in ecu .. but guess that was it .. well at first i wasnt getting any CEL but after taking it for a test drive the CEL finally came on .. throwing code 71 n 73 . random misfire in cylinder 1 and 3 .. ill check the spark plugs and spark plug wires and dist cap tomomrrow .. thx guys