Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ATTN: BAR cert guys!!! Please help me!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: BAR cert guys!!! Please help me!!

I am trying to get a 96 hatch w/ a 2000 B16A Certified at the state ref.
Appt 1: Failed.... ECU is a JDM P2T and not a USDM P2T... so I am left with the only option of getting a USDM P2T and repinning the wire harness I have to fit (since the P2T is OBD-IIa and the P2T is OBD-IIb....

Second... Since the usdm ECU will be used, it will be looking for a Crank angle/fluctuation sensor. (the only sensor not plugged in since it does not exist on the engine installed. My Question: Can I just install a sensor? or is the crank different on engines that are made w/ the sensor??? Will the one from my old single cam work??

TIA
Old 04-19-2004, 04:02 PM

Default Re: ATTN: BAR cert guys!!! Please help me!! (EG2 SiR)

bump for my need for knowledge
Old 04-19-2004, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try to find a 96-97 delsol ecu p30
the ref might want you to convert the car to 2000 wiring etc. some of them do that. as for crank sensor you can get the one off your old motor and plug it in and put it off the side
Old 04-19-2004, 06:19 PM

Default Re: ATTN: BAR cert guys!!! Please help me!! (hatchi)

96 98 p30 is jdm ecu and it is obd1 still the wrong one.. i went threw this u have to use and us spec p2p 96 98 ex ecu wit crank sensor hooked up. then u should be fine... check your smog purge valve and all vacuum lines... but first thing they do is hook up your obd2 connected under the kick panel on the driver side.. if they get no response from the ecu U FAIL... make sure its a US spec obd 2 ecu
P2p is the one
Old 04-19-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: ATTN: BAR cert guys!!! Please help me!! (nasaproracer)

They told me it needed to be set up just like a 99-00 Si, since that car was offered with the B16... The P2P is a 96-98 EX Ecu? Would I be better off using the P2P than a P2T? The purge solenoid valve is hooked up correctly. A big concern is the crank sensor, If I just bolt it up... will it function? should there be notches on the crank that it would read (like an ABS axle) I have no idea of how/what the crank sensor does exactly.

Thanks for the responses!
Old 04-19-2004, 06:38 PM

Your going to need to get a OBD2 oil pump....because JDM oil pumps and 95 older do not have the appropriate mounting for the Crank angle sensor. You will also need to use a 96 Up lower timing belt cover too...as far as your wiring harness goes..it is too much trouble to repining your 96-98 harness....you should get a 2000SI engine wiring harness as well as a 2000SI underdash harness as well so all is plug and play. I know this because i have done one already....good luck

and you will have to hook up your crank angle sensor too...it may pass visual..but when they hook up their obd2 scanner to your data port...it will automatically fail...becuase it will not read the sensor

and another thing is that you will need another crank gear for the timing belt...a 96 up will work...the 95 and lower ones use two concave washers and the sprocket....and the 96 up crank timing gear sprocket has a timing belt guide built in. and only uses 1 concave timing belt guide on the other
Old 04-19-2004, 06:48 PM

Default Re: ATTN: BAR cert guys!!! Please help me!! (JDM_JON)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_JON &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your going to need to get a OBD2 oil pump....because JDM oil pumps and 95 older do not have the appropriate mounting for the Crank angle sensor. You will also need to use a 96 Up lower timing belt cover too...as far as your wiring harness goes..it is too much trouble to repining your 96-98 harness....you should get a 2000SI engine wiring harness as well as a 2000SI underdash harness as well so all is plug and play. I know this because i have done one already....good luck

and you will have to hook up your crank angle sensor too...it may pass visual..but when they hook up their obd2 scanner to your data port...it will automatically fail...becuase it will not read the sensor

and another thing is that you will need another crank gear for the timing belt...a 96 up will work...the 95 and lower ones use two concave washers and the sprocket....and the 96 up crank timing gear sprocket has a timing belt guide built in. and only uses 1 concave timing belt guide on the other</TD></TR></TABLE>

So, there isn't a mounting point for the sensor... Can I macguyver that **** w/ a little bracket? and hide it under the cover? I take it that the gear is what the sensor reads... I will have to take a look at the single cam we ripped out... it has the sensor.... Why do you say repinning would be too much trouble? Im no pro, but I've repinned the gauge cluster plugs in a cx hatch to run an ITR cluster and wired the Vtec to work in this same car... how hard could relocated 13-15 pins be? I do plan on hooking the crank sensor one way or another....

Thanks for the info! Sounds like I have some obscure parts I need to find...
Old 04-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You have to run the p2t 2000 si ecu. My friend took his 2000 si with usdm itr in it and they hit him up for funning the si ecu instead of the type r because his type r ecu codes and the obd2-b itr ecu's have key gaurd. they also got him for using si cold air instead of itr as for repinnig you can use an adapter harness just make sure who ever does the harness does all the wires including the ones needed for the scan tool to be used.