Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anyone know the trouble code for the transmission? automatic

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know the trouble code for the transmission? automatic

i'm having some problems with my car and i'm think that its something with the transmission. the car is a 97 automatic and today, i went and did the jumper on the check engine and i saw the [D4] light on the cluster blink out a code 15. 1 long and 5 short flashes. does anyone know if this is a trouble code?
Old 03-25-2004, 07:36 AM

Default Re: anyone know the trouble code for the transmission? automatic (lazyassbrian)

uh do a search on CEL codes or ECU codes...
Old 03-25-2004, 07:56 AM

Default Re: anyone know the trouble code for the transmission? automatic (lazyassbrian)

What problem are you encountering?

Code !5 = missing output signal

So i don't think this would affect your tranny.

Please explain

fs
Old 03-25-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Re: anyone know the trouble code for the transmission? automatic (filthy_shovel)

i code that i'm getting is from the [D4] that was blinking on the cluster. the check engine light isn't throwing any codes. thats what i was trying to figure out. all the codes that i find from the search are for the check engine light not for the [D4] light. dont forget this is an automatic, so gauge cluster has the column with the [P], [R], [N], etc..
Old 03-25-2004, 09:21 AM

ever check the quantity and condition of your tranny fluid?
Old 03-25-2004, 09:24 AM

Sorry, misread your post. Read a bit to fast.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazyassbrian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm having some problems with my car and i'm think that its something with the transmission. the car is a 97 automatic and today, i went and did the jumper on the check engine and i saw the [D4] light on the cluster blink out a code 15. 1 long and 5 short flashes. does anyone know if this is a trouble code?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok now TCm code 15 means: Mainshaft speed sensor (disconnected, shorted or defective). I suspect your tranny is shifting hard? or slipping when shifting?

Test the connections, wiring and sensor..

fs
Old 03-25-2004, 12:11 PM

Default Re: (hungrymunky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hungrymunky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ever check the quantity and condition of your tranny fluid?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i just changed the tranny fluid today but nothing changed. it was really dirty though, bunch of metal stuck to the magnet drain plug. good thing i changed it.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: anyone know the trouble code for the transmission? automatic (filthy_shovel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by filthy_shovel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry, misread your post. Read a bit to fast.

Ok now TCm code 15 means: Mainshaft speed sensor (disconnected, shorted or defective). I suspect your tranny is shifting hard? or slipping when shifting?

Test the connections, wiring and sensor..

fs</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's what i'm looking for where did you find the info, i've been on the internet seaching all day but can't find the info and yup this bad boy would slip and then shift into gear really hard i'm gonna look at the manual and see how i test that thing. thanks alot man