Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anyone have any problems with The Driveshaft Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:50 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default anyone have any problems with Driveshaftshop?

it's a long story, but i disputed the charges with my bank, filed with the BBB and am currently out 325.04 with no functioning axles in my hands.

PM me if you have had any issues with Frank....
Old 09-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: anyone have any problems with Driveshaftshop? (builthatch)

Wow what happened? Ive only heard great things about DSS.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: anyone have any problems with Driveshaftshop? (Luserkid)

pm'd
Old 09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Several years ago I bought axles from him for my H22 swap. I always had a vibration after installing his axles. I called him a few times and he basically berated me like I was an idiot and told me I installed them wrong.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 PM
MiG-21 superfan

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jonathan_ED3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Several years ago I bought axles from him for my H22 swap. I always had a vibration after installing his axles. I called him a few times and he basically berated me like I was an idiot and told me I installed them wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, i'm not surprised. what's so disturbing is i've heard nothing but good things about this guy for years, but never had to use him. now the one time i need to use him, they (the company and the products) give me issues like no other.

i wish i was in NC so i could pay them a lil visit and fix it in person...

atleast my rip off report made the first page of google search for driveshaft shop for a little while

also, from their webpage- "We insure a 100% fit on all our shafts."

except custom ones i guess, and atop that we won't even assure that they are assembled correctly
Old 09-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The driveshaft I bought for my Supra was flawless. One peice aluminum. I never had a problem with it. They were good to me everytime I called them too
Old 10-02-2007, 03:45 PM
MiG-21 superfan

well, i'm still waiting for a final response from the bank and the BBB of the carolinas....
Old 10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear your having a problem with DSS. We have had great service from Frank and Lee for years.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:48 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: (1992Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1992Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry to hear your having a problem with DSS. We have had great service from Frank and Lee for years.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

even tho i don't have my money or axles from them, i still need axles that work, so i'll be calling gator and raxles to see if they have anything to offer me with my special case- https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2061605

that thread is old, and i started posting about my issue in april i think, so at this point i've almost lost interest haha, 'cept i still need my money back from DSS!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:38 PM
MiG-21 superfan

i got a response from the BBB of the carolinas. Frank Rehak of the driveshaft shop replied to them with the same information he put in the rip-off report rebuttal in my sig, which is totally inaccurate. i then responded there with the truths and will send the same to the BBB.

I also had to reissue the dispute at my bank because evidently the rules say the retailer has 30 days to refund or whatever from the date of return receipt of goods and they got the axles on 9/7.

i just want my loot and i'm going to try raxles
Old 10-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm from n.j.
now in n.c.
if you ever need to make a special trip to visit frank let me know, you can crash in the guest room
Old 10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: (instrument)

well, i decided to pay frank a little visit at the SEMA show to see if there was any way to settle this. Evidently, there isn't. He is such an arrogant POS i can't believe, in all honesty, that he is able to sustain his business. I told him politely, despite his rambling about things we've already discussed ad nauseum, that i'd simply like my 300some dollars back because i don't trust him if he was to send me any sort of axle product (considering how this has gone, can you blame me?). He steadfastly refuses to oblige and continues to be concerned about everything other than how i was treated and where his customer currently stands in regards to his business. he then tried to call me a liar because he could not keep track of the sequence of events (surprise surprise); all of my steps are detailed in this thread, what a dreamer. my bank told me that DSS has 30 days to react to a returned item before they can investigate. unfortunately i disputed it about 2.5 weeks after he was originally sent the item, so i had to reissue the dispute about 1.5 weeks after i talked to frank for the last time. this came up because frank told me he hasn't seen anything from the bank as of yet. he then decided to pay no regard to the truth and say that i disputed the charge before i said i did, which is absolutely hilarious. my bank certainly has records of every step i've taken, so i don't see why he'd argue that, but alas, that's good old frank and his stubborn nature.

he then got all red faced and kicked me out of his booth. i then told him to not judge a book by it's cover as i left. evidently frank believes he's the only one protected in this world, or financially 'able' as it were, so he thinks can do whatever he wants because "he will win" and "i'll just deal with his insurance"

i followed up with a call to my credit card company/ bank to check to see why they didn't supposedly contact him yet. they said it takes up to 60 days, which makes sense as i believe i filed the OG dispute 9/21, and the follow-up to that after the 30 days from the date of receipt, which was like 1.5 weeks after 9/21 to complete the 30 day requirement with my returned item.

they then asked me what he said when i approached him. i quoted him and they took said information down, including his boast, similar to last time but this time with more 'zest', that his insurance company would protect him if it became a legal matter and also that i evidently 'want to play hardball'

"hardball"...

over 300 dollar axles....

and people continue to patronize this delusional man's business?

what a freakin' scumbag. just give me my money you *****...

Old 11-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You got a crappy bank. If i file a dispute the give me back the money within 2 days no questions asked. As long as i provide decent facts they look into it. Had to do it twice, both times no problems. Navy Federal
Old 11-03-2007, 05:59 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: (Doostur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doostur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You got a crappy bank. If i file a dispute the give me back the money within 2 days no questions asked. As long as i provide decent facts they look into it. Had to do it twice, both times no problems. Navy Federal </TD></TR></TABLE>

i know what you mean, but It's Visa who handles it, not my issuing bank. They are just the CS interface for the case, as a courtesy and internal streamlining. It was a debit purchase with a Visa card from Commerce Bank. If i had used AMEX, i also would have had a quick resolution like you, but Visa takes a while to investigate evidently.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hope u get ur money back
Old 11-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anyone have any problems with Driveshaftshop? (CBoardman)

i have also herd alot about them shipping out defective axels and then making the customer pay for them... im in NC os im close to there home office and work for a performacne shop.. in my experiacne with them to DSS
Old 11-03-2007, 10:17 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: anyone have any problems with Driveshaftshop? (luvmihatch)

well i hope more people use my experience as an example and order from gator or raxles.

talk to raxles about dss ; )
Old 11-03-2007, 10:34 AM
GO GIANTS!

Hmm. Sounds fishy. Hope you just get your money back and this is over with.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:51 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: anyone have any problems with Driveshaftshop? (HondamanXxX)

me too; i can't wait for it to just be over with...
Old 11-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, first mistake is taking it to a shell to get parts installed. Seems like you're the fishy one to me, after reading the whole story.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:47 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: anyone have any problems with Driveshaftshop? (narfdanarf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by narfdanarf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol, first mistake is taking it to a shell to get parts installed. Seems like you're the fishy one to me, after reading the whole story.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's where there is a lift, coupled with the fact that i'm good friends with them as they all road race...

the guy who installed them with me works for http://www.mrmcar.com/ (dude with the red shirt in the bio) as a partner to don fields, so i'd imagine he's pretty solid and can handle honda axles.

BTW, go to hell
Old 11-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

after reading through all of your story.....

i have to wonder, what engine/chassis/mounts are you running that you needed custom length axles ?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:42 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: anyone have any problems with Driveshaftshop? (DaveF)

thats the thing, i don't. he told me that when the cars is lowered, sometimes it requires longer axles (typically). he said that all of his 2.9 and up are .5" longer than stock because of this. I did a billion tests and measured as specified and the measurements he told me to take came out about an inch longer than typical stock, on both sides. his not liking the measurements was not as obvious as he makes it to be when i gave him the measurements. otherwise, do you think he would have really made something that he thought wouldn't work? well, only if he knew they would not work so he could make more money off me in some capacity, but 1. he didn't bank on the outer CV's being bad (probably from having to break apart chinese produced and assembled axles to use a custom length bar) and 2. that he'd be trying to rip off someone who is in the industry and knows how this system works.

when i ended up talking to raxles, he said the longer axle thing is total BS.

BTW, the combo is very basic- jdm gsr in ek hatch with LSD trans. using all stock combo mounts and such. it's all done to spec.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so why didnt you just order the stage 2.9's for a b series swap in a civic or oem 94-01 axles, and be done with it ?

in all my years ive never heard of anyone using a long axle for a lowered car.... hell the OEM axles go through the complete range of motion(suspension travel) and dont have a problem.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:02 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: anyone have any problems with Driveshaftshop? (DaveF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so why didnt you just order the stage 2.9's for a b series swap in a civic or oem 94-01 axles, and be done with it ?

in all my years ive never heard of anyone using a long axle for a lowered car.... hell the OEM axles go through the complete range of motion(suspension travel) and dont have a problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha...

i have to show you my threads about this problem....

trust me, i dealt with this for 4 months before i called DSS, 4 sets of axles i went through.

ill link you after my game, or you can look if you feel so inclined.

stay tuned man ; )

Quick Reply: anyone have any problems with The Driveshaft Shop?