Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anyone have any good/bad reviews of hmotorsonline.com engines?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone have any good/bad reviews of hmotorsonline.com engines?

getting ready to buy an h22a complete change over for my civic. just wondering if any of you have any experience with this company
The following users liked this post:
K T
Old 11-04-2003, 11:05 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: anyone have any good/bad reviews of hmotorsonline.com engines? (CivicSwapper)

search

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=50010
Old 11-04-2003, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: anyone have any good/bad reviews of hmotorsonline.com engines? (Nikos)

I don't have any experience with them..but i've heard nothing but good things about them I'd trust them.

Mike
Old 11-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have any good/bad reviews of hmotorsonline.com engines? (CivicSwapper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicSwapper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">getting ready to buy an h22a complete change over for my civic. just wondering if any of you have any experience with this company</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmo has good motors, customer service, and delivery timing. i got my b16a sir2 from them a while back. for steve
Old 11-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've heard good things about them from everyone that bought motors from them. My gf is ordering her H22 swap from them in the future too.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:25 AM

Default Re: (H23 EG Hybrid)

im gonna call and ask them personally but they gaurantee that all motors have an "average" of 35,000 miles on them. Im kinda skeptical on that seeing that Im gonna be buying 92-95 h22a. Anyone buy one of those from them with that low of miles?
Old 11-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check the stick in the hybrid forum,good place to get a motor from,also try passwordjdm.com
Old 11-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Have had a couple of friends buy from them and have had no problems with them.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (low sol)

got a '94 h22 from them...haven't had any problems yet...been about a couple months
Old 11-04-2003, 12:52 PM

Default Re: (breakaway)

sweet, thanx guys. looks like they are getting another customer. Just spent about an HOUR reading that huge thread about different companies! lol Looks like HMO is highly recommended. Cant beat their prices either. h22a (92-95) + tax + shipping (to south florida) = $2505
Old 11-04-2003, 06:56 PM

Default Re: (CivicSwapper)

best damn company to get them form i have had my motor for about 2 years with 50,xxx on it and still takin the abuse i be dishin out on the road and the track
Old 11-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Buddies of mine have bought 6 swaps, no major problems on any of them. I guess we had a bad transmission, but they replaced it. We also had a missing MAP sensor, they sent that out, had a bad ECU and they sent another one. One last thing, they use some kind of green soap to clean the motors, don't confuse it with coolant.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ptran13)

i am at 12 in a year and a half, and even though he doesnt do nissans anymore, he did get us an S15 clip as well. i use them exclusively.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (boostedcivicsir)

A very close frined of mine (mike) his cousin is the owner of hmotorsonline.com
nothign but good prices and great feedback
Old 07-22-2020, 11:46 AM
K T
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have any good/bad reviews of hmotorsonline.com engines?

Impossible to get them to answer phone. When they finally do, they dont treat you with respect unless your ready to fork money over. Guy was actually super cool when I was paying for my motor even painting my red top blue on request since they are painting it anyways. That was awesome. But when I called 2 weeks later for shipping update it took me multiple days to get through. When I did get connected it was after a dozen calls to both phone lines over a couple hours. Once connected I was put in hold twice. The hold music was the most annoying thing you've ever heard playing xmas music with 8 bit super high pitched tones. It was so annoying I suggested they change the music. He replied they do that for a reason to see if people are determined enough to sit through it. I then suggested that annoying customers that just gave you thousands of dollars isn't good customer service. He said he would look into it in a billshiting voice and laughed at me before hanging up. F*** these guys never going back.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:08 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

you got a recorded message?
Old 07-22-2020, 03:27 PM
K T
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
you got a recorded message?
This is a thread where people post their experiences. Believe it or not.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:37 PM
K T
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K T
This is a thread where people post their experiences. Believe it or not.
Let me add I am still waiting on shipping so I am already weary about posting it. Was going to wait til I received engine and maybe should have as not to complicate my purchase. I was just shocked at the lack of customer service. It seems like they know they are a major supplier and going somewhere else would be very difficult so they can act however they want. If I owned HMotorsonline I would have trained him further and fired him if happened again. I would also hire someone to answer the phones if they are so busy as seemed. Not only for customer service but loss of sales.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Fish Twig

Whats the order #?
Old 07-22-2020, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by K T
Let me add I am still waiting on shipping so I am already weary about posting it. Was going to wait til I received engine and maybe should have as not to complicate my purchase. I was just shocked at the lack of customer service. It seems like they know they are a major supplier and going somewhere else would be very difficult so they can act however they want. If I owned HMotorsonline I would have trained him further and fired him if happened again. I would also hire someone to answer the phones if they are so busy as seemed. Not only for customer service but loss of sales.
You do realize that HMotorsOnline is located in Burbank, California... where the COVID-19 business operational requirements are some of the most draconian in the Country, right ??? They can hire all of the additional employees that are needed to satisfy you, but NONE of them can come into the building because only ONE or TWO employees are allowed inside the building at any given time !!! They are really busy when everything is fine and the company is fully operational... deliveries and fulfilling orders is slowed even further with a skeleton crew. Be patient... you will get a quality product.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 178 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Whats the order #?
Do you work at/for HMO?
Old 07-23-2020, 06:33 AM
Fish Twig

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
You do realize that HMotorsOnline is located in Burbank, California... where the COVID-19 business operational requirements are some of the most draconian in the Country, right ??? They can hire all of the additional employees that are needed to satisfy you, but NONE of them can come into the building because only ONE or TWO employees are allowed inside the building at any given time !!! They are really busy when everything is fine and the company is fully operational... deliveries and fulfilling orders is slowed even further with a skeleton crew. Be patient... you will get a quality product.
troll post bro...
Old 07-23-2020, 07:50 AM
K T
Honda-Tech Member

First off I'm not sharing order numbers or any personal information on a thread. Do you work there? If you do you might be able to figure that out on your own. You have my contact information if you really have a question.
As for the corona thing, that is a good point, not a good point for an arrogant attitude and poor customer service though. If they are having issues with staffing, then why is he telling me their hold music is intentionally annoying as to make less determined people give up. I would increase my line to accommodate more callers, tailor music to fit customer demographic, and maybe add an apology for the long wait due to covid. Like every other business you call nowadays. Then when i comment that his strategy of annoying customers on hold to thin out the load is poor customer service to people spending thousands of dollars, I SHOULDNT GET LAUGHED AT! So your covid point is, well,.... pointless.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:00 AM
K T
Honda-Tech Member

I want to add I realize they are busy. I get when I ordered that they don't answer their phone all the time due to constraints. Im not upset with that. I was annoyed it took 4 hours over 2 days to get someone to answer, but I get it...they are busy. That is fine. I was further annoyed by the hold music but I'm not a child, i can live through it. But when I give feedback as a customer politely, I shouldnt get laughed at as the call ends. Again I'm not a child, I could give a f*** what this guy thinks, but it was rude and a f*** off to me. Not something I expect from a company I'm giving my business.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:36 AM
Fish Twig

So why not cancel your order and go elsewhere. Plenty of importers out there.

Also, not sure why these shops are open if they can't ship anything. Had issues with sellers in states that were on complete lockdown but they still took orders like they were opened.

Quick Reply: anyone have any good/bad reviews of hmotorsonline.com engines?