Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

anybody want some cash? yes, im that desperate

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anybody want some cash? yes, im that desperate

So yeah, its about time.

You guys have all seen my threads about my turbo civic not starting & I really need to figure this out since its my DD, so now im willing to paypal some cash to the person that the supplies the idea that fixes the problem, not just like $5 either....

The Setup:
d16y8
gt28r turbo internally gated @ 7psi
converted to obd1
p28 ecu chipped with uberdata
lc-1 wideband kit
390cc dsm injectors

(that's the important stuff, of course I have all the other things necessary for the kit)

What's Known Thus Far:
- The car is throwing CEL #16 - which incase you don't know is referencing to the fuel system.
- All that's been changed (fuel system wise) from when the car was running, is the injectors, resistor box & clips.
- I had a set of 460cc rx7 injectors cleaned and flow tested & the car didn't start with those. The 390cc weren't cleaned, so the functionality isn't known, but they were stated to be good, but since the car was doing the same thing with known working injectors, the functionality of the injectors can be ruled out.
- I had an OEM honda resistor box wired in, but changed it out for 10 ohm 10 watt inline resistors, which is how it is done in the dsm injector install on http://www.homemadeturbo.com, so thus the resistor box / resistance can be ruled out.
- The clips are from a 90-93 teggy, they fit on the injectors fine, im assuming this can be ruled out also, unless the clips have to be obd1 instead of the obd0 they are (to my knowledge, the clips just have to fine on)
- We are getting spark.
- Fuel pump turns on, theres 42 psi in the fuel rail (have a fuel pressure gauge)
- Car cranks & cranks, but won't turn over.
- I've wired everything correctly (to my knowledge)

So...can anyone figure out why im throwing CEL 16 and why it wont start?

If you supply an idea and I works when I try it (Ill try all the ideas), ill paypal you a minimum of $50

Old 04-23-2006, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deja vu
Old 04-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (professor poon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by professor poon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">deja vu</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, you got that too? I was reading this and was like "i could have sworn i read something the same as this, wtf?!"

If your throwing a code 16 and all you did was the injectors then your wiring is bad. Why not just run stock injectors to get the car started?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (professor poon)

You may want to check the voltage across the wire from the ecu trough the injector clip to make sure you getting power.

Did you run the car pre-boost with obd-1? If not then you might want to put the stock injectors back in and set your cc level of the injectors back to stock (240) I'm assuming. Other then that you may want to double check that you have the correct injector size plugged into your base map.

If none of that works you could possibly try using crome. But I dont see why uberdata wouldn't work.

You may also want to check that you didn't fry some part of the ECU. Or something... Maybe you took down some injectors if you wired them in incorrectly. Double check all connections.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright, good ideas, but even if I get the stock injectors in, and it starts, what does that tell me? I know it sounds stupid, but I mean I had cleaned and flow tested rx7 injectors, so I doubt the 390cc are bad, since I had the same prob with both injectors, so then what could the prob be?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (sk8shorty012)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sk8shorty012 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alright, good ideas, but even if I get the stock injectors in, and it starts, what does that tell me? I know it sounds stupid, but I mean I had cleaned and flow tested rx7 injectors, so I doubt the 390cc are bad, since I had the same prob with both injectors, so then what could the prob be?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It tells you somethings wrong with the wiring, and if both set of injectors dont work you suck at wiring.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It tells you somethings wrong with the wiring, and if both set of injectors dont work you suck at wiring. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol..i think its a setting with uberdata...but ill try your ideas tomorrow
Old 04-24-2006, 02:45 AM

Out of every

Default Re: anybody want some cash? yes, im that desperate (sk8shorty012)

in to see whos right and who gets paaaiiiiddd

luserkid ftw imo
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 AM

Default Re: (Mwsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mwsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You may also want to check that you didn't fry some part of the ECU. Or something... Maybe you took down some injectors if you wired them in incorrectly. Double check all connections.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I was thinking.

Who chipped your ECU? Were you running the chipped ECU before you started boosting your car?

-Pull the cover off of the ECU and look for burnt spots.
-Put the 240cc back in just to get the car running, and then figure out your wiring later.