Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

any good tips on preventing my car from getting stolen??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any good tips on preventing my car from getting stolen??

i would appreciate it
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
k powered ej1

Default Re: any good tips on preventing my car from getting stolen?? (asergioc)

dont build it
Old 08-13-2007, 01:11 PM

if u have a swap dont push the car near your house, if you have a nice systme dont blast it near your house... get an auto-loc a club and a 2-way pager alarm, and a glock for good measure when u hear someone messin wit ya car lol
Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 PM
k powered ej1

Default Re: any good tips on preventing my car from getting stolen?? (blanco617)

how about build a sleeper, or honda styled rat rod?

34 diffrent shades of rustolem, with a old "earls used tire surplus" sign air brushed on the end of the car

on steelies you dont even have to wash the damn car, and you dont have to worry about thieves saying shinny paint + $2000 rims = payday
Old 08-13-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: any good tips on preventing my car from getting stolen?? (k powered ej1)

if a thieft wants ur car trust me hes gonna take it. but the more precautions u take the less chances of it gettin stolen. id start of with an alarm for sure, get a clutch lock, battery back up for the alarm is highly reccomended now in days, add a kill switch. and that shuld knock off a majority of the thieves who wuld be interested in ur car.. if ur still worried go with a gps system for ur car. and yeah dnt rev ur engine up at every other person. ur gonna rev it at the wrong guy one day and hes gonna take ur car and have the last laugh
Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM

Keep it in a garage at night.... or dont drive a honda
Old 08-13-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: (addsmack)

Go buy the biggest dog you can find and allow him to sleep in your honda Hahaha or install a Alarm system with a flamethrower built into the steering wheel, just hope your alarm doesnt go off on accident when your in the seat HAHA Muy Caliente!!
Old 08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sMoKe_RoCkS)

ok enough with the stupid remarks..to the op this has been covered a bunch of times.. the best things you can do is first get a alarm ..dosent have to have a 2 way pager but it would be nice i suggest the clifford g5 w/ blackjack without the code your car will turn off killing the igniton..get an auto lock..clubs dont do a dam thing but take u longer to lock your car..have a couple hidden kill switches and best of all block your car off with a good car preferably a newer car that isnt a honda or if you have a garage even better ....hopedfully i answered your question somewhat....
Old 08-13-2007, 04:51 PM

alarm w/ proximity so if they near it will beep then siren. no time to pull down window.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:55 PM

move to Canada eh.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: any good tips on preventing my car from getting stolen?? (egCivicH22)

wat i did is i bought myself some brembo rotors. drilled and slotted. i put a key lock on the holes of the rotors. just on the left side back and right side front. that bitch aint goin nower lol. but just in case i also installed a killswitch and that take off/on steering wheel from momo. like i said that b!tch aint goin nower.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the ravelco system in mines... thay can take all my shiet in the car but not my car... I had a viper 791xv but it stopped responding to my remote, thats when i decided to get the ravelco... The brake lock thing sounds like a good solution... hardly anyone would think of that... just my 2 cents...
Old 08-17-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: (SMOOTHN)

i dont know if this is a good thing or not but i once heard of a guy who took his ECU in everynight like torqueless wonder said.....they can get everything IN the car but the car ait going nower lol
Old 08-17-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: (hidiouskinky)

i used to take my ecu inside lol everywhere i went it came with me lol. but that was when i was cheap lol. i got a nice viper 2-way pager and i bought lojack lol. not to mention i have a club, brake lock, shifter lock, a boot, and 2 kill switches in the car.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:13 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: any good tips on preventing my car from getting stolen?? (torqueless wonder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by torqueless wonder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wat i did is i bought myself some brembo rotors. drilled and slotted. i put a key lock on the holes of the rotors. just on the left side back and right side front. that bitch aint goin nower lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'd like to see what you're talking about.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: any good tips on preventing my car from getting stolen?? (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by torqueless wonder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wat i did is i bought myself some brembo rotors. drilled and slotted. i put a key lock on the holes of the rotors. just on the left side back and right side front. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so you basicly put a padlock into one of the holes in your slotted rotors ? i imagine that could work but if the hole is close to the edge or the lock is real thin then i duno.. i wouldnt mind seeing a pic of this