Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

any DIY seat upholstery tutorial out there

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 any DIY seat upholstery tutorial out there

I just went to these guy that does it and I just wanted the bottom part of my rear eg seat re-upholster mo fo ask for 500 dollars im like wtf man n plus he was being rude thinking that just cuz i drive a honda and not a lexury car im sort of a cheap person or though I was joking so I just walked away before I did sumthing stupid so N/e ways I think I can do dis myself but i need sum guide da eg seat dont have that many crevices is really plain so does anybody has a link or something to guide me ive search but cant find anything
Old 04-14-2009, 12:50 PM

Default Re: any DIY seat upholstery tutorial out there

Repeat in english please. It's hard to comprehend what you write when it looks like you were just banging your fists on the keyboard..............dog!>!!11!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Word. A period or two never hurt anyone. As far as DIY upholstery goes, I dont think I have ever seen one, nor would i attempt(sp?) it. I have recovered many headliners and door panels, but seats are beyond me.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know I know c'on you understood it, why being so **** about grammar DAWG; I was just still pissed because of what happened. still I will try it ill see if I find a book or something but thanks for your "lesson on AP english" and comments
Old 04-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It would be way cheaper to go to the junk yard/salvage yard and buy the piece you need. Shampoo it up and you're set, shouldn't run you more than $100
Old 04-14-2009, 05:48 PM

I recently visited a gentleman who re-upholsters automotive seating. I requested a quote for the bottom segment of my seat to be re-upholstered, and was not satisfied with the price. He requested five hundred dollars USD, and was quite discourteous due the fact that I drive an economical appliance such as a 1992-1995 Honda Civic, rather than a luxurious vehicle. I do not fret upon separation of currency, but I did find the price quite excessive for such a job I may accomplish with my own hands. I left with haste, as to avoid further confrontation with this gentleman.

I request any information concerning re-upholstering vehicle seats, particularly with the application of 1992 to 1995 Honda Civics. There are not many bends in the seat itself, so I believe it will be easy enough.

I have made attempts at finding previously-posted information, but all to no avail. Perhaps one could lend insight?

There you go guys. Not as hard to understand as some of you make it out to be.

Last edited by Davus; 04-14-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Davus
I recently visited a gentleman who re-upholsters automotive seating. I requested a quote for the bottom segment of my seat to be re-upholstered, and was not satisfied with the price. He requested five hundred dollars USD, and was quite discourteous due the fact that I drive an economical appliance such as a 1992-1995 Honda Civic, rather than a luxurious vehicle. I do not fret upon separation of currency, but I did find the price quite excessive for such a job I may accomplish with my own hands. I left with haste, as to avoid further confrontation with this gentleman.

I request any information concerning re-upholstering vehicle seats, particularly with the application of 1992 to 1995 Honda Civics. There are not many bends in the seat itself, so I believe it will be easy enough.

I have made attempts at finding previously-posted information, but all to no avail. Perhaps one could lend insight?

EDIT: Ah I see. Now that it is in plain legible English no one has anything to say.
I haven't posted in a long time, but I just had to repy to this one. This seriously made me laugh out loud.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha, nicely done Davus!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Sol to Sol

Davus wins the thread!!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by brewskis with the broskis
It would be way cheaper to go to the junk yard/salvage yard and buy the piece you need. Shampoo it up and you're set, shouldn't run you more than $100
Gramatical Negative Nancys Aside----

I agree with brewskis and I would also look into aftermarket replacements or Majestic Honda for seats. If you are looking more towards a custom color then you are just goign to have to dish out the bennys.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ja ja oh s#!* thanks for your so well articulated editing Davus, maybe like that its easier for the harvard university students to understand.

again thanks everybody for the advise.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i actually do upholstery and theres really no one that will do it for much cheaper, i get crazy business from guys like you just because i don't mind doin stuff thats not luxury if you lived near MI i'd say bring it my way but i'm sure thats probably not the case
Old 04-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha well done. A++++
Old 04-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by newt_719
i actually do upholstery and theres really no one that will do it for much cheaper, i get crazy business from guys like you just because i don't mind doin stuff thats not luxury if you lived near MI i'd say bring it my way but i'm sure thats probably not the case
I wish I could bring it to you, and yeah I wanted to say that to the person. that just because I dont come in wearing nice clothes and driving a nice car doesnt mean I can afford to pay for the job and give his business some monetary gain. I could've even spread the word that he does a good job and for affordable prices. I guess he just wanted to be rude I dont think there was a reason for him to come at me in that tone. and he said ''I can re-upholster your seat with plastic'' that was enough for me I just walked away