Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Eg hatch bed

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eg hatch bed

so i drink... well i drink alot on occasion and well we all know that driving whilst under the influence of ze sauce is a bad idea and more than once ive found myself choosing the front seat of my eg then driving and going to jail or worse hitting someone....

so as i was cleaning out my car today i kinda realised that if u shove a buncha pillows in the spare tire spot (mines tottaled and i dont have it ne more) under the cardbord and fold the back seats forward u have quite a comfortable bed (and im 6'1) much moreso then a front seat. and to store all the blankets that i have for bedding i just use them as covers for the back seat...

idk kinda weird thread to post and dident know anywhere else to post it.

kinda was just wondering if anyone else has done this or maybe even to a larger extent than i have.

thought it was a cool idea cuz music fetival season is comming up and sometimes tents flood but a honda never will
Old 04-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg hatch bed

whatever works. just dont sleep in the drivers seat since ive heard u can still pick up a dui if a cop feels like it.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well when i do i put the keys under the car so that way i clearly had no intention of driving cuz if they are in your possession they could say u passed out before u could drive

ive know ppl who got DUI's walking to their car with intention of driving

but the camper idea is great cuz theres noway imma drive my car from the backseat

either way anythings better than a DUI too many of my friends have ****ed up their lifes doing that
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How about you just cut back on the juice bro and be responsible. This way you can go home to your nice bed and not wake up in the middle of a parking lot looking like a skum bag.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hrmm talk about how honda-tech is full of ^dicks^

im just saying i made it cuz i sometimes find myself @ a party that got broken up or thought i could crash somewhere but i couldent or anyother random sittuation where i dont wanna drive due to intoxication (we have all been there) and dont feel like shelling out $30 for a taxi its cool to have a fold out bed lol

and i go 2 music festivals like summercamp and wakarusa 10klf rothburt ect ect and sometimes ur tent floods due to rain or w/e so its also a nice camper

idk i just thought it was a cool idea cuz everyone has slept in there car
Old 04-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

**** that would make camping better. Just take the Honda to the woods and sleep in the car. haha
Old 04-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

seriously someone should set up a hatchback camp out

when someone whos 6'1 can fit in a hatchback comfortably laying down

Honda FTW
Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM

u can get a dui anytime. if ur keys are in the car. ur sleeping in front back.. doesnt matter. u can even get one if ur just walkin out to ur car for a smoke. trust me ive seen it for the smoke and ive been there for sleeping in the back. =( just dont go near ur car. sorry ive been screwed
Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is where a ugly chick who is into you comes to play...

1) By the time you're that wasted she isn't that ugly any more..
2) She'll always be willing to come pick you up, because hey it's not like she's going to get it from anyone else..
3) Make sure you can crash at her place, and she can drop you off in the morning, because I don't think you want your family/neighbors to see the type of girls you be hooking up with.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Damaged Goods
This is where a ugly chick who is into you comes to play...

1) By the time you're that wasted she isn't that ugly any more..
2) She'll always be willing to come pick you up, because hey it's not like she's going to get it from anyone else..
3) Make sure you can crash at her place, and she can drop you off in the morning, because I don't think you want your family/neighbors to see the type of girls you be hooking up with.
Lol!

Originally Posted by crzy619
u can get a dui anytime. if ur keys are in the car. ur sleeping in front back.. doesnt matter. u can even get one if ur just walkin out to ur car for a smoke. trust me ive seen it for the smoke and ive been there for sleeping in the back. =( just dont go near ur car. sorry ive been screwed
And seriously were do you guys get your info from? Take it first hand from a cop... I can't give out Dui's if your passed out in the back of your hatch, Or if "Your walking to your car to smoke"

That's just retarded.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that ugly chick sounds like a good friend to me. I'm short, 5'7" on a good day. I can almost lay in the back comfortably, with a pillow and blanket=].
Old 04-03-2009, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i used to drive an element which means the back seats folded down into a bed!

i know, the only good thing about an element. haha
Old 04-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol try the ef crx bed sometime, now that sucks
Old 04-03-2009, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

crx bed sounds like a very sore back in the morning

i tried it out last night just for fun and it was rather nice

given i only slept for liek 2 hrs before i went inside to my bed but in a pinch it was nice and better than sleeping with a heffer
Old 04-03-2009, 10:11 AM

1losol..."where i get my info?" cant quote on my phone and ok well i got my info from it happening to me. it was the intent to drive. cop argued i could of woken anytime and driven. so u cop or not doesnt matter to me. it happens

Last edited by crzy619; 04-03-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:16 AM

but good luck with it. its good idea. i have **** luck.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's rather comfy. I used to go to the river alot and instead of bringing a tent I slept in my integra or my eg sedan. It's not all bad aslong as you use some pillows and put down some blankets or sleeping bag first to pad it more(if you have a bad back like me). I don't know about the whole dui thingy. I usually just arrange some one to drop me off and pick me up. Most people will do that for $10 bucks now-a-days with the econmy being in the trash any extra money helps them out. But the camping thing its so nice not to sleep on the ground get flooded out by rain or have to setup and take down a tent.
peace
Old 04-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so my idea worked out pretty good last night when my friend left our friends house that we were partying @ last night and was assaulted by some less than desirable people. who were cruising the parking lot for cars. after i heard about that i immediately went to sleep in my car (got a really good nights sleep) with my tire iron next to me as i watched the same car drive past my car like 7+ times.

that was a good idea to sleep in the car if i ask me
Old 04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd say so with the rate that honda's are getting stolen every one should sleep in their cars. I'd save $650 a month if I quit house payments and got a storage unit thats alot more money to dump in the coupe and a peace of mind its gonna be there when I wake up. FTW?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1LowSol

And seriously were do you guys get your info from? Take it first hand from a cop... I can't give out Dui's if your passed out in the back of your hatch, Or if "Your walking to your car to smoke"

That's just retarded.
retarded but true, i was in jail with a guy when i got my DUI and he was in there for pulling over on the way home and jumping in the back seat to sleep it off and he got a DUI. a guy up the street got one because hithe old man next door called the cops on him because he was workign on his car too loud or somethign stupid, but since he had been drinking and had possesion of the keys while workign on it they got him.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I pulled the rear seats/spare tire/rear bins out of my old xB for a mobile motel once. PLENTY of room.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jeffsciv23
retarded but true, i was in jail with a guy when i got my DUI and he was in there for pulling over on the way home and jumping in the back seat to sleep it off and he got a DUI. a guy up the street got one because hithe old man next door called the cops on him because he was workign on his car too loud or somethign stupid, but since he had been drinking and had possesion of the keys while workign on it they got him.
WHAT!!! if there is one thing that i know about wrenching is that beer and working on cars go together like mashed taters and gravy

thats reatarted i always crack a few cold ones when im wrenching