Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

antifreeze leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antifreeze leak

Ok so I'm just starting to learn about my car. I was never really into fixing it myself until recently and I know very little about cars. My car is leaking antifreeze somewhere, and I can't find it. i have jacked the car up and let it run to find absolutely nothing. at the rate it is disappearing, i should have a swimming pool underneath my car after 5minutes but i can't find a leak anywhere. the radiator is brand new, i checked every single hose, no leaks or cracks, and they all have tight seals. I checked the oil because i'm told it will look like nasty coffee if the head is blown and the antifreeze and water is leaking into the oil. It just looks like regular oil. Does anyone have an idea where my water is going?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you using antifreeze or water? cause in ur question/statement you say antifreeze and water but if your using water it'll burn faster than the antifreeze..
does your temp gauge sit in high? or how do you know its losing fluid?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (krazyhmongboi)

50/50 solution. I know it's losing coolant because the radiator is always empty. I know water will evaporate quicker, but not this quick. I drive about 15 miles and almost my whole radiator is empty. No idea where it could going.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (austinkli)

how many hoses did you check?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: antifreeze leak (austinkli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by austinkli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok so I'm just starting to learn about my car. I was never really into fixing it myself until recently and I know very little about cars. My car is leaking antifreeze somewhere, and I can't find it. i have jacked the car up and let it run to find absolutely nothing. at the rate it is disappearing, i should have a swimming pool underneath my car after 5minutes but i can't find a leak anywhere. the radiator is brand new, i checked every single hose, no leaks or cracks, and they all have tight seals. I checked the oil because i'm told it will look like nasty coffee if the head is blown and the antifreeze and water is leaking into the oil. It just looks like regular oil. Does anyone have an idea where my water is going?</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^ I had a blown HG and my oil looked fine, but the coolant resevoir had a black film on it. It turns out the HG had a small crack after all. I was losing coolant at an alarming rate also. If you can not find the leak I would maybe run a compression check.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: antifreeze leak (austinkli)

man antifreeze is coming into my interior and maybe its my heater core? help please.

check around the timing belt, water pump whatsever. a friend of mine was leaking coolant around from there. his was a d16