Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ANTI-THEIFT

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANTI-THEIFT

alright guys... i have a problem with theives... So many ppl have had there cars stolen in the past week.. my car seems to be a target.. i have an idea tho..

At Auto Zone they had a 4-channel box for 12v appliances, but get this, remote controled.
so its gotta little neat feature on it to walk away from ur car and push a button and ur neons/strobes/fog lights, etc. light up..thats it right..
now what if u could split ur starter wire..and hook it up to a one of those channels...
now all u have to do is step out the car and push a button that wont make a sound or signal a light and there ya go.. ur cars now 10% safer

Now what do u guys think is the best place to splice the wire?... and where is it?
Old 11-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ANTI-THEIFT (HatchEh2)

why dont you just do a fuel cut off switch...non remote controlled

much safer
Old 11-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ANTI-THEIFT (HatchEh2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HatchEh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
so its gotta little neat feature on it to walk away from ur car and push a button and ur neons/strobes/fog lights, etc. light up..thats it right..
now what if u could split ur starter wire..and hook it up to a one of those channels...
now all u have to do is step out the car and push a button that wont make a sound or signal a light and there ya go.. ur cars now 10% safer :thumbup</TD></TR></TABLE>

How would this make the car safer? I'm not sure what you're getting at with this thing.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:56 AM
All Motor Mentor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ANTI-THEIFT (EX_AutoXer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EX_AutoXer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How would this make the car safer? I'm not sure what you're getting at with this thing.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was wondering when someone was going to ask what the hell he just said.....

DUDE...read your posts before you post them please and make sure you're not the only one who knows what you're trying to say!
Old 11-01-2004, 09:11 AM

ROFL anti-THIEFT
Old 11-01-2004, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pioneer162)

i think he is wanting to use this to give the false impression that someone might be sitting inside the car or is nearby. Most people dont normally leave their lights on and if they do it is for a short stop or something. By having this a thief might have second thoughts about trying to break into your car.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:17 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (xkwzt21)

It doesnt really matter what you have. Theifs will take your car if they want it. Your best anti-theft would be to leave the car in a garage.

As for splitting the starter wire, you will need a 30amp automotive relay otherwise your going to fry that thing. The best thing to do is an alarm, with the brain hidden as well as possble as well as the siren. A second battery in the trunk so if they cut the front cable, the back battery is still connected. And a fuel cutoff of some sort. Any car audio shop should be able to do this. LoJack probly isnt a bad idea either.