Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Anti theft: how do you keep you're car from being stolen

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti theft: how do you keep you're car from being stolen

This threa was inspired by the ( What Makes These Cars Such Easy Targets For Theives? ) thread which had me wondering why can't I find a thread with anti theft ideas. I know a lot of you have been where I've been and seen you're empty parking space all tear eyed. So let's help each other avoid this

So Please feel free to post what you do to you're car, you're girls car or even you're moms car to prevent it from being stolen. Also feel free to post pics of what you've done and how to diy

This is actually what I posted on the " What Makes These Cars Such Easy Targets For Theives?" thread and I'm posting it here to give u an idea of what I maen. Thanks for looking and don't be shy with any ideas you might have.

Re: What Makes These Cars Such Easy Targets For Theives?
Speaking from both spectrums, having had my 95 ex stolen and done a few things I'm not proud of(sorry I had rent and bills to pay and no income otherwise) I can really say how much it sucks to have you're car stolen but how easy they are to steal.

First off it's incredible what a simple alarm can do. I know of alot of thieves that don't even bother with a car that has a little blinking light on the dash. But don't think oh it's that easy. A simple speaker Magnet held obout 2" from the hood fenders or bumper can kill you're sairen. I myself always instal 2 sirens. One behind the engine where the magnetic field can't reach it, and another hidden under the dash inside the car. Trust me this has woked for me. I've found my car in my driveway with the door open and the dome light on but nothing missing.

#1 when my car was stolen a MASTER key was used. It's a Honda key that's been shaven or its just old and the sides are worn. This allows the key to open and turn on alot of cars. This works pretty well. I've used it myself to drive my buddies cars down the street and tell them " hey I didn't know u were here, where's youre car?"

To avoid this I've seen people change there door locks to ford or chevy ones. Not sure how it's done but I've seen it. Some people go more extreme and get the rear door handels from a four door at the junk yard and install them on the front door to get rid of the key hole.

To tell the truth u can't avoid theives from getting in you're car but u can avoid them from getting you're car stolen.

#2 You can use a variady of kill switches. It's true you're going to feel an airplane pilot turning on all of these switches. But you're car will still be there when you wake up in the morning or get out of school or work. The trick is to have several(at least three or so) in you're vehicle. Remember a theif knows the dangers of stealing someones baby or ever worst there main form of making there bread. I've heard horror storys of thieves getting cought in the act and having to pull a super man and runing faster than a speeding bullet.THERE MAIN ITEREST IS GET IN AND OUT AS FAST AS POSIBLE. So they have no time to look for a variady of kill switches. You can install one for the fuel pump, one to the main replay and one to the ignition switch. You could even hook one up to you're coil. But I wouldnt recommend it.

These are a few things I do to my cars and I haven't had a car stolen from me in about 3 years, and trust me I don't live in the better side of town. Hopefully they help you out too.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anti theft: how do you keep you're car from being stolen

NRG quick release + lock (keys are universal so this is not enough)
Clutch lock bar
Alarm
Kill switch(es)