Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Another ACG fuse dilemma with my eg hatch...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another ACG fuse dilemma with my eg hatch...

So this past weekend i finally got my project car on the road after a year of building, drove it all weekend until monday i decided to take it to work and show it off a lil bit, during lunch i decided to go see the ol lady at work n this was the first time i had drove the car in the rain which i was hesitant about doing, well sure enough as soon as i get back to work i start to back the car into a parking spot and it shut off on its own, pondered on what it could be thru my work day and found my acg fuse was blown so i replaced it headed home and into my neighborhood which is less than a mile away, of course it blows again, lucklily i grabbed a couple spares. After progressing thru the dilemma it started to pop sooner than the last.

Now heres the thing...the fuse only pops under a load (if i start moving), but if i let it sit at idle without moving the car after about a minute its starts to misfire as im begin to lose fuel pressure then eventually dies, but the fuse stays in tact. If i try to turn the key to the no.II position the fuel pump doesnt kick on, but if i turn it off and turn it back to this position itll prime. I dont have a test light to check yet but im thinking that theres a possibilty of a loose ground somewhere around the fuel pump or maybe the thermostat ground, i built my own engine harness and also had to replace the entire body harness throughout the build process but never had a problem with the engine running or anything until last monday, any other thoughts on what this could be and if anyone could tell me everything this fuse powers, it would help with the wire tracing process ill be doing, colors of the wires and what they do would help as well. Also i dont have an o2 sensor, just a wideband so it wouldnt be that for sure, thanks ahead of time
Old 03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Another ACG fuse dilemma with my eg hatch...

What. Car?
Why is there no O2 sensor?
https://www.google.com/search?q=acg+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 03-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its a 95 eg hatch with ex body harness, converted to power everything, i have hondata s300 so i wont be needing an o2 sensor other than the wideband

ive already googled it and nothing i find is very conclusive or relative to my issue, everything ive found ive tried and found nothing, at least until i start testing wires for issues
Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM
The Grumpiest

What exactly has bee done to this car?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
What exactly has bee done to this car?
built all motor 13.5/1 comp, runs on e85 with s300
tucked harness
tucked and shaved bay
fuse box remounted behind glove box as well as prop valve
brake line tuck

pretty much anything and everything done all by my two hands

maybe pics will give you a better idea:

like i said i never had an issue with the car until i drove it monday, never acted up or anything until i parked it at work then all hell breaks loose
Old 03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
The Grumpiest

Didn't need your pics. Just need an idea of what we're trying to diagnose and how much custom work was done. Blowing fuses usually mean a short somewhere and since you're wiring is all custom you may be all your own locating it.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Didn't need your pics. Just need an idea of what we're trying to diagnose and how much custom work was done. Blowing fuses usually mean a short somewhere and since you're wiring is all custom you may be all your own locating it.
figured as much, i did have issues when i first put the motor in cuz the main relay wasnt clicking and the fuel pump wasnt kicking on, in another words the ecu was triggering bc the thermostat ground had one wire that wasnt getting any current, it was one of 7 wires i had to extend out of the whole harness, i used a factory one and extended the necessary wires, IAT , thermostat wires, etc. the only one that would have anything to do with the main relay is the thermostat ground, but it never failed before, unless maybe the rain played a role in the fault
Old 03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

A bad ground won't blow a fuse. There is a short to ground.

If you unplug the alternator 4P connector, the VSS and the IACV, does the fuse still blow?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I haven't tries the iac or vss yet but I have done the alternator n it still blew
Old 03-15-2013, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I tried disconnecting the iac and the vss and neither worked. I figures out the fuel pump issue which turned out to be the main relay, thot that might have fixed everything but unfortunately only fixed one issue. I'm at a complete loss on what else could cause the fuse to keep blowing. Looked at a wiring diagram in a hanes manual and couldn't find anything that specified the acg fuse
Old 03-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well finally figured out the issue, did alot of wire tracing and found that theres a black wire with a yellow stripe that recieves power through the acg fuse, after looking at the wiring diagrams this wire powers alot of things (ie.distributor, ecu, etc.). Now typically theres a harness that runs along the drivers side strut tower, which since i have done a wire tuck, this harness is now running underneath of my dash, above the steering column. Found out the the harness fell and the steering column would rub on it every time i turned the wheel which in turn had rubbed a black wire with a yellow stripe and kept grounding out on the column and would blow the fuse. Repaired the rubbed wire and pulled it back into its rightful place and now runs like a dream....thanks for any tips you all were able to give me
Old 03-18-2013, 04:04 AM
The Grumpiest

A short. Told you.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A short. Told you.
well thank you