Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Amp master fuse

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp master fuse

So I know that there is a forum with audio/video but whoever moderates that fell asleep at the wheel cuz ads are all to be found. I'm a loyal patron of this particular forum so I figure some one will know the answer post it, it'll get bumped up and then if no one else bothers to post (DON'T) the thread will fall and fall and die. Make sense? Yes yes, good. Only answer the post if you have an answer to the question, not for post count BS and to bitch about the forum, you moderatorts ought to go police your own and wake up some of the others in the other forums, many look just like the for sale forums.

My friend and I are towing our tiny Hondas (CBR's) to Idaho in a week and a half with his Wrangler. My del Sol just ain't up to the job. We're in the process of putting a stereo in the Wrangler to rock out on the way. We will be running between 530-560 watts at 14.4V. How big should the master fuse be? You know, the one close to the battery.

Also, running remote wires from the head unit... does that remote wire go from the head unit to the amp and then to the next amp? Does the car have any input into the remote terminal? Since we're running two standalone amps I reasoned that the head unit should only be connected to a ground, a power source and maybe the antenna... no speaker outputs will be used, we're use the RCA's to send the signal to the amps. And the blue remote wire goes to the amps to turn them on/off with the vehicle correct?