Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Am I doing this right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I doing this right?

Okay, this is going to be kind of long...but its something I must know.

Im just starting to tune my first car ever, its a 1993 honda del sol 1.5s

i bought it for 400 bucks with front end damage.. driver's side fender and liner.. new bumper.. bumper support and bumper cover.. new hood as well.. i had to replace the control arms and all the bushings for front and back.. with that aside.. these are my idea's.. but i dont know honda's at all.. so im basicly going in blind... if im missing something can u PLEASE tell me.. because i dont want to screw this up.. im investing around 10,000 into my car.

So far.. i've begun fixing the problems... i got a skunk2 cat/catback exhaust.. simple air intake for now.. i dropped the car 1.4 inches with tien s.type lowering springs.. tokico 5pt adj. shocks.. im also putting on mugen strut tower bars.. mugen chasis brace and sway bars. OEM CF hood.. CF targa and CF drunk *this is going to be a show car* 17' motegi black rims w/machined lip and about an inch offset. skunk 2 camber kit. injen intake.. bosh platinum +4 plugs.. i honestly dont know what spark plug wires or distributor i got put in. My friend who owns a shop did a major tune up for me so i would be able to beat on the engine.. Im dropping in a new engine.. but i will post that int he engin swap.

Im going to keep the car black.. I got this smoke spray imported from japan for the tail lights.. tinting them a little bit would be nice i also got one piece head lights.. ^_^ my friend lives in japan 4 mouths out of the year so he buys me cool stuff while he's there.

everyone has told me "the carbon fiber is so ricey.. blah blah" but i honestly like it.. and i think it would be cool..having the black seperated by the CF..

stock SI wing if i do anything.. i dont really like the way it looks w/an ugly *** matrix metal wing. *everyone does that around here*

I've got an apexi super VAFC for the new motor.. and my friend gave me his old MSD ignition.. its really weird.. i dont know what its called..but i can set fuel/air ratio.. rev limit.. things like that.. he mentioned something about 7th stage or some weird crap.. idk *im a n00b!!!!*... I also got my gauges replaced.. they are the same but all digital..when i shut the car off it just goes flat black.. but its cool as hell.. cuz the needles and everything still are there.. just digital.. *my tac was busted* b&m short shift kit..

only thing im debating now.. cut it and put a full roll cage.. or make my interior nice as well.. i think it might be a waste of $$ to make my enterior bling! LOL.. although .. i am designing a computer to fit into my del sol... 15 inch touch monitor is going to come up from the dash.. offer real time engine management.. as well as your typical computer crap.. music.. movies.. games.. things like that would be fun to have.

im designing this one myself.. im using laptop internals.. and the touch screen im buying off the net.. the only thing i cant make are the motorized brackets and im buying a junked del sol for the dash.. so i can practice before i destory mine! u think thats a good idea or no??

after suspension is done.. im doing the engine.. but i will post that in the swap..

but .. u guys think this is going to be an okay car? ...im a little worried cuz i've never tuned car im learning..

btw... im doing all the work myself.. and what i can do.. my friend chris helps me.. he owns a shop and teaches me everything i need to learn while im doing it.. because after this im going to UTI to learn a bit more ^_^
Old 04-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Am I doing this right? (gotsol)

lol put your flame suit on.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:52 AM
^ no longer owns a honda

Default Re: Am I doing this right? (EGdashSIX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGdashSIX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol put your flame suit on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Am I doing this right? (boostinhatch)

To long to read but are you making a show car?

If so then do whatever floats your boat with the design.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Am I doing this right? (Luserkid)

Laptop in a car is sooooooooo 1999. Lets see you fit a full-sized tower and 21" monitor in your car, then I'd be impressed!
Old 04-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Am I doing this right? (jlacoy82)

honestly in tuning a car go with what you like. What you said sounds nice to me and maybe gross to others. I also like carbon fiber but some may not. It seems your going in the right direction. It will look good if you stay away from chrome, 17" and bigger rims, stickers unless very tasteful, graphics, colored tints, ect...
Old 04-23-2005, 01:49 PM

i don't think i'd ever go chrome.. i hate it.

i only got 17's because they fill the gaps nice.. i got a pair of 15's for when i go to the track.. i also hate graphics and color tints... im going to keep the car as clean as possible.. the corner windows are going to have sponsor stickers unless they require a bigger one.. its not going to be a full blown show car.. i dont plan on winning anything except for amature class. I do plan on making it somewhat fast..

i could do the tower minus monitor.. thats way to big.. the laptop has the same power as a desktop.. just a hell of a lot smaller... lighter in weight to.

one question though.. why would i get flamed for asking advice? im in no way insulting anyone and asking questions for my own knowledge to grow.. do you condem that???
Old 04-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah chrome is cool if u drive a big *** impala and ur name is rosco
Old 04-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gotsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gotsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't think i'd ever go chrome.. i hate it.

i only got 17's because they fill the gaps nice.. i got a pair of 15's for when i go to the track.. i also hate graphics and color tints... im going to keep the car as clean as possible.. the corner windows are going to have sponsor stickers unless they require a bigger one.. its not going to be a full blown show car.. i dont plan on winning anything except for amature class. I do plan on making it somewhat fast..

i could do the tower minus monitor.. thats way to big.. the laptop has the same power as a desktop.. just a hell of a lot smaller... lighter in weight to.

one question though.. why would i get flamed for asking advice? im in no way insulting anyone and asking questions for my own knowledge to grow.. do you condem that???</TD></TR></TABLE>

we condem rice.

you ask- we reply- you cry- we laugh. lol
Old 04-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (gotsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gotsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't think i'd ever go chrome.. i hate it.

one question though.. why would i get flamed for asking advice? im in no way insulting anyone and asking questions for my own knowledge to grow.. do you condem that???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Id say your 100% going the right direction. As far as why you would get flamed. Some people are not open to ideas or understanding and just like to make fun of people. just ignore those and only take the good advice. this is a public board so any idiot can come on. I agree with why do so many people get flamed for simple questions?
Old 04-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboEM1)

i hate you so much right now. then again i am mad at myself for actually reading that
Old 04-23-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: (TurboEM1)

Not to be a complete *** or anything but I think the reason to be flamed is the long winded "tech-less"question. Yes you can do anything you want, within reason. If its your car and you want to add a jet engine, and you can fork over the cash you can build yourself a bat mobile. If you are looking for insight into what problems you may encounter while doing any of your mods then ask specific questions....I mean come on it is Honda Tech, oh and not to mention there is a misc and apearance section for things like this..... (However I am no mod, and I don't make or enforce the rules...)
Old 04-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lordeldor)

As far as the computer goes, my friend has already built a computer to fit in his trunk. half the size of a bare bones system, with the touch screen like your, except he already has the software for it. he is finishing it up and should be ready in a couple of months.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Am I doing this right? (gotsol)

ya it seems sick right now but its all about wut motor u pick thats ganna set it off if i was u if u'r already puttin this much money into it but a b18c5 would fit it nicely jus drop buy u'r local pep boys and have them get u 1 haha garentee u ppl didnt kno we sell complete engines welp u do from one of there own welp thats mt 2 cents lata
Old 04-30-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Am I doing this right? (jgardens212)

do whatever that rocks your socks...
for all i know...when ur done with this project...make sure you keep a EYE or two on ur car...for if one split second u take ur eyes off ur car...there will be that THIEF who will scope you out and try and jack ur ****...but other than that Good Luck with this project