Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

This always boggled me...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This always boggled me...

If 6th gen DX and LX have the same engine (106hp) why don't any places selling mods like headers ever list the LX ??? (Example: Headers @ CarParts.com aren't listed for LX) Can you put headers on an LX??? I wouldn't understand why not as compared to a DX because it's the same engine... If I'm wrong can someone plz explain this to me???

Plz try not to flame, I just want to be informed... Thanx
Old 08-08-2002, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This always boggled me... (iviZeRoCooLivi)

You can. I had a DX in my 93 hb and put Si/EX headers on. Perfect fit.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well the reason why the 6th gen dx and LX and cx models are not listed for headers.. is because due to the location of the Catalytic Convertor....there is no way you can actual Purchase a full length header without relocation of the Cat...now you can use any of the d series sohc headers.. it would be illegal if you actually removed the Emmisions equipment of your vechile...if you were to retain the Stock Location of the Cat... you would most likely have to purchase a Shorty header.. simliar to what DC sports now sells for the new civic 01 models.. but in all you can use any ex header for your car..you would just have to get a test pipe or a new Cat to replace the older one you just removed...jesus christ it's 4am I need to go to sleep =P

[Modified by IMALLBOB, 4:01 AM 8/8/2002]
Old 08-08-2002, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This always boggled me... (IMALLBOB)

I had to move my cat and weld an extention in. Still worked for me and passed emissions.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: This always boggled me... (IMALLBOB)

the location of the cat is right next to the motor to help generate more heat..u can relocate the cat. as mention d and use the header intend d for the EX..but thats not smog legal in calif..however, if u know a shop thats been do maitenance on ur car that does smog they ll usually pass u on the visual if the header has a CARB stamp and pass s the sniffer...or u can just do it and when it comes to smog, swithch it back for the smog inspection
Old 08-09-2002, 02:12 AM

Default Re: This always boggled me... (deepnite)

I'm up in WA... Quite a while ago I searched and searched for lx parts but couldnt find much at all... yet I always found lost of EX and DX parts, which really puzzled me cuz the dx and lx have the same engine. So are there any short headers? or anyone know a good site where someone listed A LOT of mods for 6 gen civics? I think for now I'm gonna just work on ricing and save up for a swap and go all motor... By ricing I mean lighting and interior, no kits or spoilers... dont like em much...

Anyone know the automobile light laws for WA? Like is it legal to have green turn signals in front? I saw a probe with those but idn if it's legal... I'm prolly gonna go b18c, maybe even ls cuz my sister's b/f might swap his ls for something so I could get it cheaper... haha

anyway, seriously anyone know the light laws for WA or know where I can find them?
Old 08-09-2002, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone know the automobile light laws for WA? Like is it legal to have green turn signals in front? I saw a probe with those but idn if it's legal... I'm prolly gonna go b18c, maybe even ls cuz my sister's b/f might swap his ls for something so I could get it cheaper... haha

anyway, seriously anyone know the light laws for WA or know where I can find them?
In front: constants can be white, blinkers must be amber..."you must reflect OR emit amber"

In rear: "you must reflect AND emit red from 1000 ft away at night. blinkers can be amber or red.

I found these laws about 1 year ago on the internet. It posted state and city laws. I've personnelly used these laws to beat tickets in court. Sorry, I don't have teh URL for this.
Old 08-09-2002, 02:32 AM

Default Re: This always boggled me... (B18CX-EH)

hey thats cool... whites... can they be the 80w/100w xenons or what? I just thought it'd be pretty cool lookin if I had green signals with my green car, maybe green reverse lights too

Thanks a bunch man...

<<< I hate this trial crap...