Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ALUMINUM OIL AND WATER TANKS

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALUMINUM OIL AND WATER TANKS

Hi everyone, I need some help in findind a nice radiator aluminun overfow tank and oil cash can for my EK, I was looking at the moroso brand, but it doesn't look that nice please if anyone knows about a different brand I need some help THANKS
Old 01-24-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: ALUMINUM OIL AND WATER TANKS (1fastEK9)

try the search button.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ALUMINUM OIL AND WATER TANKS (Egyptian_Kid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1fastEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi everyone, I need some help in findind a nice radiator aluminun overfow tank and oil cash can for my EK, I was looking at the moroso brand, but it doesn't look that nice please if anyone knows about a different brand I need some help THANKS</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you really need those? or do you honestly think it will make a stock motor crazy fast?
Old 01-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1fastEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi everyone, I need some help in findind a nice radiator aluminun overfow tank and oil cash can for my EK, I was looking at the moroso brand, but it doesn't look that nice please if anyone knows about a different brand I need some help THANKS</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're going for cosmetic appearance your best bet is to try the appearance and cosmetics forum.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i didnt know there were caSh cans out there... hmm...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ALUMINUM OIL AND WATER TANKS (96civb18c1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96civb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i didnt know there were caSh cans out there... hmm...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, you need 2 or 3 cash cans if you wanna do a K swap.

I noticed that too...no use picking everything apart
Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I often wonder why new members even bother joining these days. His question, while not completely tech-related, at least has some sort of technical component (he is hooking up an oil catch can). If you don't want to or can't help him, that's fine, but the flaming and attitude is really getting out of hand, and ironically much of it comes from members who are also quite new, or who rarely contribute positively to any thread themselves.

1fastEK9, there are several options as far as catch cans go, though most of them are quite similar in appearance. I'm not familiar with any custom-fit polished overflow tanks, so if you wanted to run one, it would have to be a universal model or one that was fabricated for your application. Either way, you're looking at quite a bit of cost with no real improvement If you simply want the benefits that an oil catch can provides, you can find a relatively inexpensive setup that will function quite well, and look decent too.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ALUMINUM OIL AND WATER TANKS (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you really need those? or do you honestly think it will make a stock motor crazy fast?</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is no need 2 be smart,and by the way here is my engine. thanks to those who replied

Old 01-26-2007, 06:10 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice bay, I'd opt for a solid tower bar instead of a hinged bar, but other than that, looking very nice.

Now the question:

Are you talking about an oil catch can, or are you talking about replacing your clutch and brake fluid reservoirs? Or possibly your coolant overflow?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice bay, I'd opt for a solid tower bar instead of a hinged bar, but other than that, looking very nice.

Now the question:

Are you talking about an oil catch can, or are you talking about replacing your clutch and brake fluid reservoirs? Or possibly your coolant overflow?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was talking about an overflow tank and oil catch can. I found what i was looking for. Its made by Carbing, thanks .
Old 01-26-2007, 06:15 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (1fastEK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1fastEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i was talking about an overflow tank and oil catch can. I found what i was looking for. Its made by Carbing, thanks . </TD></TR></TABLE>

Personally, I wouldn't replace the coolant overflow with anything that isn't transparent. Care to post up a picture of the Carbing overflow tank?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:16 PM
HT White Ops

NVM, found it:

Old 01-28-2007, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

cool you found it, carbing makes some nice stuff for honda
Old 01-28-2007, 07:10 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1fastEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cool you found it, carbing makes some nice stuff for honda </TD></TR></TABLE>

Those aren't for a Honda, just so you know. Carbing made those "universal" but mainly for the STi.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.summtiracing.com
they have some nice long overflow tanks- i've seen someone rocking one on these boards.

edit
Old 01-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow. I often wonder why new members even bother joining these days. His question, while not completely tech-related, at least has some sort of technical component (he is hooking up an oil catch can). If you don't want to or can't help him, that's fine, but the flaming and attitude is really getting out of hand, and ironically much of it comes from members who are also quite new, or who rarely contribute positively to any thread themselves.

1fastEK9, there are several options as far as catch cans go, though most of them are quite similar in appearance. I'm not familiar with any custom-fit polished overflow tanks, so if you wanted to run one, it would have to be a universal model or one that was fabricated for your application. Either way, you're looking at quite a bit of cost with no real improvement If you simply want the benefits that an oil catch can provides, you can find a relatively inexpensive setup that will function quite well, and look decent too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I want whatever you been smokin buddy.

Trying to replace stock tanks with aluminum is appearance - not tech.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I want whatever you been smokin buddy.

Trying to replace stock tanks with aluminum is appearance - not tech.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hooking up an oil catch can is a technical modification, as I stated.

Again,

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ironically much of it comes from members who are also quite new, or who rarely contribute positively to any thread themselves.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Padawan)

Don't worry about syndacate, hes an idiot.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (SiYouLater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiYouLater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't worry about syndacate, hes an idiot. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I think the great majority of members here have come to realise that.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Padawan)

I realize what you're saying that he's hooking up a catch can, if he was asking HOW that would be different, it WOULD be technical - but he's not. He's asking how to get ones that look nice.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I realize what you're saying that he's hooking up a catch can, if he was asking HOW that would be different, it WOULD be technical - but he's not. He's asking how to get ones that look nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Who gives a ****? Just ignore this thread if you don't agree with it.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I realize what you're saying that he's hooking up a catch can, if he was asking HOW that would be different, it WOULD be technical - but he's not. He's asking how to get ones that look nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

''THANKS'' for backing me up, there are some idiots that don't know how 2 read.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1fastEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

''THANKS'' for backing me up, there are some idiots that don't know how 2 read. </TD></TR></TABLE>

he's not backing you up- he's telling u to gtfo
Old 01-28-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

the best people in the world are on hoda-tech!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:51 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (EJ1_203)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1_203 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the best people in the world are on hoda-tech! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep! We run ****!