Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame

Ok it was a nice day out, and I am cruise home from work on the MA turnpike minding my own buisness. And what do I see ahead? Not a big deal, a tractor trailer trucks in the far right lane (slow lane) with his left blinker on. I think nothing of it, besides alot of times they will travel with thier emergancy blinkers on, and maybe the right blinker was out. So I continue on cruising in the fast lane, then....all of the sudden the F_ck turns left and proceeds to pull a u turn onto the other side of the highway. Keep in mind he is blocking the ENTIRE EAST BOUND LANES!!!!! Sooooo, I quickly (30 feet or less for room) decide...."Do I wana make the car a convertable by going under the car, risking my life, but being able to retire cause I sued thier *** for all the money they have. Ooooor I can go around the truck, try to hit the break down lane just right without hitting the guard rail. I choose option 2, hit the break down lane. So I got into the breakdown line with inchs to spare, ended up fish tailing out of the lane and barley surviving. The sad part was there were alot of cars behind him and they almost all crashed as well. Soo after being shooken up for a little bit, I calm down and continue my drive. I get between exit 2 and 1 and there was a pack of high modified cars comming up on me driving real fast. About 10 of them. All from mustangs, supra's, talon's ect....and then we pass a cop and he starts to follow them. The whole time I am thinking, I better not get associated with this nonsense, I just wana go home, take a swin and light up a fatty and chill. So we get to the toll booths and I take the exit ramp. And there was a 2 state troopers blocking us all off, and demanding we all pull over. By this time I am pissed. I got 2 tickets, 1 more I loose the license for a month, and I cant afford that. Cop comes to my car, ask's the normal license and reg and I give it to him. Then i ask him if I can tell him somthing, and I say "I just want to let you know, I dont know these a$$holes. They were driving like a bunch of morons. I am just trying to get home and I know why you pulled them over and I know why you pulled me over, and I can assure you 110% I have nothing to do with them". He says "ok sure" and walks away. By this time I am real pissed. I almost died and I want to go hoooome so bad. He comes back, say's "you are free to go" WOOOO HOOO!!!!. I ask him if I can back up 5 feet to get my exit cause I only live 10 minutes away from it. He says no, goto the next exit down the road. Which is 10 miles away. Needless to say, it took me a half hour out of my way to get home, but it was better then dying or getting arrested
Old 08-15-2002, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame (bhaz413)

Old 08-15-2002, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame (bhaz413)

That sounds like an eventful day (Under statment). He probably let you go because the other guys said they didn't know you.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame (Apex i ITR)

"That sounds like an eventful day (Under statment). He probably let you go because the other guys said they didn't know you."

I would have been pissed if they gave me a ticket for that crap. I hate street racing with a passion, and I would have fought it to the grave.

Old 08-15-2002, 05:56 AM
New User

well thats something you dont see everyday

glad you didnt get killed or a get a ticket though. Hey, you walked away, cant be that bad
Old 08-15-2002, 06:00 AM

When you see a trucker's signal, stay the hell out of their way. They have blind spots. It does sound like he was driving like an *** though
Old 08-15-2002, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahhh, Lee, MA. A welcome sight if you've cruised out from Boston on your way to Lime Rock. Best roads in the world up there man and some good drinking spots in Great Barrington!

To be honest, I'd say luck was on your side yesterday. Just glad to hear it all worked out.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:03 AM
New User

Default Re: Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame (94CivicSi)

great barrington is key, I flew a Cherokee Piper outta there. I got sick on the way down though
Old 08-15-2002, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame (Angry Joe)

i should know, i drive a damn truck..what drives me nuts is that all the drivers around me think im driving a sports car and weave in and out like i can keep up with all that crap..a heads up..dont take for grant d that trucks can manuver like a car or see u coming up on them ..it could save ur life
Old 08-15-2002, 07:23 AM

gotta love MA state troopers huh?....this state suks and all there stupid rules suk too...i recently lost mine for a month....i got it back about 5 days ago....heres a lil tip tho 9 surchargable events = los of license for 60days.... 12 surchargable events = loss of license for 4 years... and your record has to be clear for 10 years for it to clear the surchrges ou have now. just a lil tip to save fellow ma drivers...
Old 08-15-2002, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame (94CivicSi)

Ahhh, Lee, MA. A welcome sight if you've cruised out from Boston on your way to Lime Rock. Best roads in the world up there man and some good drinking spots in Great Barrington!
To be honest, I'd say luck was on your side yesterday. Just glad to hear it all worked out.

a local nice I live in housatonic. I agree some nice back country roads to cruise on all over the place. A good look out is lenox mountain. Yes luck was on my side, cause if it wasnt I would have had a convertable right now
Old 08-15-2002, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame (deepnite)

i should know, i drive a damn truck..what drives me nuts is that all the drivers around me think im driving a sports car and weave in and out like i can keep up with all that crap..a heads up..dont take for grant d that trucks can manuver like a car or see u coming up on them ..it could save ur life

my father was a truck driver so I know how to repect them, just cause there are alot of ******** out there. But what this guy did was highly dangerous and really stupid. I mean he blocked off the entire west bound lanes of the turnpike to pull a u-turn, and there was alot of traffice behind him. At lease he could have waited for a clear spot to do it, but he didnt.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:12 AM

Location: Where All Funky Things Come From...., Stankonia, USA

damn, atleast everything worked out ok
Old 08-15-2002, 09:13 AM

I just wana go home, take a swin and light up a fatty and chill.
how was the fatty?? Glad to see your ok! Luck was deffinatley (sp?) on your side!!
Old 08-15-2002, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame (EKology)

cool.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Almost died and got arrested for street racing in a 30 minute time frame (EKology)

I just wana go home, take a swin and light up a fatty and chill.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how was the fatty?? Glad to see your ok! Luck was deffinatley (sp?) on your side!!

what problems on the pike? I forgot about it quickly
Old 08-15-2002, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You could have like F&F j/k.

Glad to hear everything turned out ok.