Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

with all the stolen cars, can I put on a removable steerting wheel with what I already have?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default with all the stolen cars, can I put on a removable steerting wheel with what I already have?

With all the cars getting stolen I'm getting worried and want to make it a bit harder for them to take my car. I already have a Viper alarm that is pretty sensative but I want to do more. I am in college at Madison WI and my car is parked on the street for a few days at a time and think removing the steering wheel might make a difference. It's a 95 ex coupe, with a MOMO steering wheel on it righ now. Can I put a quick release or sometihng on it as it is or do I have to but a new steering wheel? If I can do it is it a kit or something and where can I get one?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 AM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

yes u can order a hub, thats just a quick release hub, Google quick release hub, or ebay...
Old 12-17-2006, 11:07 AM

I think its all in the hub that you have. Not sure if its the wheel itself.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

You can get a quick release hub. I know NRG came out with a new one that requires a key to put it on so that not just anyone with a hub and steering wheel can put it on.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:10 AM
POE
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (POE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by POE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes u can order a hub, thats just a quick release hub, Google quick release hub, or ebay...</TD></TR></TABLE>
DONE
Old 12-17-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: (POE)

jus like everyone else says u jus need to order a hub i have the same steering wheel with a quick release, if ur getting the quick release i sternly suggest u also buy the NGR hub lock
Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: with all the stolen cars, can I put on a removable steerting wheel with what I already have? (95

go look into the sponsor's appearance/cosmetic forum..
Old 12-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (J0eski)

actually he already has the hub if he is running an aftermarket wheel... so he just needs the quick release itself.

I ran a narspec one while back with a momo hub, i know a few people using NRG, but its all up to you...

technics has a good one but it is expensive
Old 12-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (teknoracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teknoracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can get a quick release hub. I know NRG came out with a new one that requires a key to put it on so that not just anyone with a hub and steering wheel can put it on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you only need the quick release, since you already have the hub and wheel, i suggest the splitz QR, me and a friend both bought one and we're both very satisfied with the quality and construction

Old 12-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: with all the stolen cars, can I put on a removable steerting wheel with what I already have? (95

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95bkeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">With all the cars getting stolen I'm getting worried and want to make it a bit harder for them to take my car. I already have a Viper alarm that is pretty sensative but I want to do more. I am in college at Madison WI and my car is parked on the street for a few days at a time and think removing the steering wheel might make a difference. It's a 95 ex coupe, with a MOMO steering wheel on it righ now. Can I put a quick release or sometihng on it as it is or do I have to but a new steering wheel? If I can do it is it a kit or something and where can I get one?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

any Quick Release will do...i think the NRG is the most common so if you get that, also make sure to pick up the Lock... and you're set....if i were you, i wouldnt even post that you leave your ride park on the street for day at you school...you dont know if theres any scummy people here...another thing you can do when u leave your car out...is reach under your dash at the fuse box, and next to the SRS fuse, theres a blue fuse..i believe its a 15 amp fuse for the fule pump, take that out and your car wont start without that fuse...leave it in you car hidden somewhere so you wont loose it or make sure you take it and take care of it since its so small...and if you want to be more sure....if you open your hood....at the driver side, under the clutch cylinder, your wiring harness has 3 plugs, 2 of them which are connected and one has a cover on it....works similar to a fuse...without that cover...your car wont start....make sure to tuck the harness back under to make it harder to spot....removing your ECU might help......or just drop your motor and throw in your fifth pocket...lol...well...those are some things you can do...