Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

All motor setups

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All motor setups

Just looking to see what kind of opinions there are. For a all motor setup what would yall use; cams, cam gears, pistons, rods, valvetrain, strokers? This is for a B16a jdm swap i have purchased. I was thinking about Toda Spec b cams and cam gears with JUN stroker. No idea on what valvetrain to use. And im thinking about getting a bottle in the near future. WEll just post your opinions and even your setup and how you liek it.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:46 AM

Default Re: All motor setups (J-Spec EG)

Great setups here: https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch

Your search for motor setup returned 123 results.

also try here: https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=44
All-motor forum
Old 04-08-2004, 08:39 AM

Default Re: All motor setups (J-Spec EG)

Peep my profile for my setup. Basically when I started my build in 99-00 not many were using overbore CTR pistons, so I didn't have much reference other than a few guys I had talked with on hybrid, but there knowledge was secondhand. From my experience the setup I am running is 100% realiable and makes decent power. It's not anything extreme but I was looking for reliability. If you want a car that you can drive everyday on pump gas and not worry about detonation, valve/piston contact... etc then this would be a good setup for you. If you are looking for a more aggressive setup then you have alot more things to worry about. I would never suggest building a high compression naturally aspirated motor and then introduce forced induction. I suggest really reading and understanding what your in for before you go out and start purchasing parts. If you want the best resource on the web I'd suggest going to http://honda.hybrids.jp. Check out the forums and the archives, your questions can be answered easily there if you take the time to read the FAQs... Feel free to PM if you want anymore info.

Brian
Old 04-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: All motor setups (VtecDeMoN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecDeMoN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Peep my profile for my setup. Basically when I started my build in 99-00 not many were using overbore CTR pistons, so I didn't have much reference other than a few guys I had talked with on hybrid, but there knowledge was secondhand. From my experience the setup I am running is 100% realiable and makes decent power. It's not anything extreme but I was looking for reliability. If you want a car that you can drive everyday on pump gas and not worry about detonation, valve/piston contact... etc then this would be a good setup for you. If you are looking for a more aggressive setup then you have alot more things to worry about. I would never suggest building a high compression naturally aspirated motor and then introduce forced induction. I suggest really reading and understanding what your in for before you go out and start purchasing parts. If you want the best resource on the web I'd suggest going to http://honda.hybrids.jp. Check out the forums and the archives, your questions can be answered easily there if you take the time to read the FAQs... Feel free to PM if you want anymore info.

Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

werd!