Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

airbag tray

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbag tray

Does any one know if they sell an air bad tray i have a 95 civic and ive seen them for the 96-00 but not for the 95 so if any one can help that would be great.
And if any one has the oem center console hit me up
Old 01-16-2005, 01:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: airbag tray (djxtc65)

i don't think so
Old 01-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What part of the center console? The jdm audio part, or the armrest? I do have the armrest.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: airbag tray (Spoolin93si)

they dont sell a direct fir airbag tray for the 92-95..u have to get an ek or dc one and trim it
Old 01-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: airbag tray (wifesaynogo)

do you know how much i would have to trim it and do u have any pics i want to do this very bad i think that looks hot
and i have the arm rest but i am looking for the top of it and the jdm audio console
thanks
Old 01-16-2005, 04:49 PM

Is the airbag still fully functional with the tray installed?
Old 01-16-2005, 05:01 PM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Default Re: airbag tray (Daddy Yankee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daddy Yankee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is the airbag still fully functional with the tray installed?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol... thanks bro, you made my night
Old 01-16-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: airbag tray (rodney)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol... thanks bro, you made my night </TD></TR></TABLE>

I just love how a simple question can't be answered...
Old 01-16-2005, 05:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daddy Yankee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just love how a simple question can't be answered... </TD></TR></TABLE>

well, let's think about it, if an airbag replacement tray replaces the airbag, you think the airbag will still be functional?
Old 01-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daddy Yankee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I just love how a simple question can't be answered... </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO....its cause an airbag tray replaces an airbag, so no, no functioning airbag.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol... thanks bro, you made my night </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahaha that made me laugh for about 20 sec.......
Old 01-16-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: airbag tray (cnyej1)

See...I didn't know the tray replaced the whole unit, I thought it was just a cover.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daddy Yankee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is the airbag still fully functional with the tray installed?</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djxtc65 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does any one know if they sell an air bad tray i have a 95 civic and ive seen them for the 96-00 but not for the 95 so if any one can help that would be great.
And if any one has the oem center console hit me up
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have seend the 92-95 airbag trays on ebay for like $80 but they were second grade and very very shity carbon fiber, but I have never seen them in plastic
Are you just trying to reduce weight and get rid of your airbag if so let me know I have an idea that I used.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: airbag tray (H22siCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22siCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL
I have seend the 92-95 airbag trays on ebay for like $80 but they were second grade and very very shity carbon fiber, but I have never seen them in plastic
Are you just trying to reduce weight and get rid of your airbag if so let me know I have an idea that I used. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive never seen one for a 92-95 civic, and I just searched Ebay and couldnt come up with anything.... do you have a link?
Old 01-16-2005, 05:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnyej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive never seen one for a 92-95 civic,</TD></TR></TABLE>

they do not make them. best bet is to remove the cover off of the pass side airbag, and just reinstall it.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they do not make them. best bet is to remove the cover off of the pass side airbag, and just reinstall it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe yeah i know they dont make one Rodney Im buying the one for the DC2 and modding it to fit.... hey hows the weather downstate? I was down there last Wed actually in Hyde park we had to stop to East Park auto recycling, a friend of mine bought a 99 GSR swap.... we also stopped to Heavy Throttle( 240's) in Poughkipsee(Spell) and got a tour of the shop....
Old 01-16-2005, 06:04 PM
JV
Who?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
best bet is to remove the cover off of the pass side airbag, and just reinstall it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was kinda freaked out to do that, so i did this instead.

Sheet metal, spray paint, and pop rivets...

Old 01-16-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: airbag tray (JV)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was kinda freaked out to do that, </TD></TR></TABLE>

wussy.... just take the damn bolts off the cover, remove the bag and toss it... then pop the cover back on. i'll admit it, the first time i did it, i was a little tense, but i have done about 10 of them since 2000, and now i just kinda throw em around with no worries.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:59 PM

An airbag will not go off if it not suppose there is two ways an airbag will go off:
1. The sensor tells it to go off
2. Static Electricity

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodney &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wussy.... just take the damn bolts off the cover, remove the bag and toss it... then pop the cover back on. i'll admit it, the first time i did it, i was a little tense, but i have done about 10 of them since 2000, and now i just kinda throw em around with no worries. </TD></TR></TABLE>

do that looks good and you cant tell that an airbag is there.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cnyej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ive never seen one for a 92-95 civic, and I just searched Ebay and couldnt come up with anything.... do you have a link?</TD></TR></TABLE>
There is none on there right now you have to search for them a lot to find them. They are only on there once in a while. If i find one I will link you it.

Old 01-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was kinda freaked out to do that, so i did this instead.

Sheet metal, spray paint, and pop rivets...</TD></TR></TABLE>

When weight savings becomes important enough to remove safety equipment like factory airbags, you should be well past the point of removing the entire dash. Taking air bags out on a whim is retarded. Our cars are small and light and made of tin foil. They do poorly in crashes with soccer-mom-mobiles and airbags go a long way in keeping your head on your shoulders and not out in the median.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was kinda freaked out to do that, so i did this instead.

Sheet metal, spray paint, and pop rivets...</TD></TR></TABLE>
ugh thats fugly
Old 01-17-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: airbag tray (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When weight savings becomes important enough to remove safety equipment like factory airbags, you should be well past the point of removing the entire dash. </TD></TR></TABLE>

depending on certain rulesets, some do not have a choice. i wish i could remove the dash, but it must remain stock.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daddy Yankee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See...I didn't know the tray replaced the whole unit, I thought it was just a cover. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha , yah that would be nice and safe idea....rather than get a BAG in the face, you'd get the tray which is covering it up coming at ya.....
Old 01-18-2005, 08:45 AM
JV
Who?

Default Re: airbag tray (b18bEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
When weight savings becomes important enough to remove safety equipment like factory airbags, you should be well past the point of removing the entire dash. Taking air bags out on a whim is retarded. Our cars are small and light and made of tin foil. They do poorly in crashes with soccer-mom-mobiles and airbags go a long way in keeping your head on your shoulders and not out in the median.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This car is not a daily driver... and i have to retain the dash for this reason:

depending on certain rulesets, some do not have a choice. i wish i could remove the dash, but it must remain stock. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're right though. "Taking air bags out on a whim is retarded".

Modified by JV at 1:10 PM 1/18/2005