Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Adjustable cam gear size? Its different than stock!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Adjustable cam gear size? Its different than stock!?!

Hi fellas, I just got an adjustable cam gear for my D16Z6 but its a COMPLETELY different size than the stock gear... Its literally slightly larger than HALF the size of my stock one! Is this right or did the company ship me the wrong gear??? Thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Adjustable cam gear size? Its different than stock!?!

they are the same size, you have the wrong one for your motor.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like you've got yourself a dual cam, cam gear
Old 09-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what is teh size difference, the width aka belt teeth area, or is it the diameter? diameter, they sent you for a different make/brand of car. different width, its for a different motor
Old 09-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks fellas, here comes the BAD FEEDBACK
Old 09-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey

dont give them bad feedbackl yet

give them a chance to fix their mistake. feedback isnt only limited to whether you get the rightpart. even if they send the wrong part 3 times, if they are very helpful and make an obvious effort, they deserve a good feedback in my book

EDIT you gotta remember, most of ebay, its not a direct order online. they may go back 4-5 people before you get to the warehouse to order the part, plenty of chances for a mistake
Old 09-05-2009, 04:58 AM

stock and aftermarket cam gears are the same in size, sorry to say you got a wrong part
Old 09-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea im giving them a chance to fix their mistake... they sent me a single gear for a B motor so its like half the size it should be. I told them as long as the new one got here in a timely fashion I would be glad to leave good feedback. They are also sending a prepaid self addressed package to send the wrong one back in. thanks for the quick response guys, I just was a little baffled when I saw the size of my stock gear compared to the one I had.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just tell people who see it its custom weight loss lol

but glad they are making teh effort to help you and correct their mistake. good feedback isnt all about fast shipping with correct parts, its about the care when they sell, which they are obviously showing you

glad you're on your way getting the issue dealt with
Old 09-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well the reason I was so pissed at first and was talkin about leaving bad feedback was because I waited until the weekend to do this and spent a few hours pulling the valve cover, p/s pump, belts, motor mount, plugs/wires blah blah blah off and THEN noticed that it was the wrong one so I had to put the car all back together... normally just those few little parts is nothing I was a mechanic and went to ATC but 3 years ago I flipped another civic of mine going over 100 and broke my back and neck so im stuck in a wheelchair paralyzed from the waist down. I still do all my own work on cars, ect but as you can imagine it takes me alot longer and its harder for me since I cant stand and have to climb in and out of my chair using only my arms.

my civic from 3 years ago is here (www.funanin.net/crash)
Old 09-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hee hee I guess from now on you will check parts out as you receive em lol

holy shiit dude, how did you survive that crash? and why the fucck were you going over 100
Old 09-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, incredible you survived that accident. you definitely have someone watching over you.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by forcefedferio
wow, incredible you survived that accident. you definitely have someone watching over you.
word. those pictures scare me to death, i feel like putting a roll cage in my car now just in case. i think we have all done stupid things and its all fun until you get a reality check, there are so many things i wish I could take back. everyday i feel slightly limited or hurt from my accidents and i just turned 18. i always liked to follow "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger". mentally, yes but physically, not so much. any pictures of the car your working on now?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im still wondering how he survived that. x2 on the rollcage thing, im glad I dont require a car right now, because that means my next one is gettting a damn cage installed STAT
Old 09-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea fellas, I was lucky to have made it thru that one... I was just bein stupid and goin fast late at night because it was like 2am on a saturday night and no one was on the road... then the cops flipped the lights on and I tried to run (I also have a 5.0 mustang so thats where I got all the bad driving habits from like running from cops) I obviously got knocked out hard in the crash so I cant remember exactly what happened or how I crashed but I definitly know it was because I was trying to get away. I ended up spending 4 months in the hospital and rehab learning how to use my hands to do everything. I broke my back, neck and left arm really bad. I slid sideways and made contact with the curb with both drivers side wheels at the same time and rolled UP that hill. This crushed the roof in and pushed my head down (which is what broke my neck and back). The airbag went off and blew my left arm backwards and snapped my humerus (upper arm bone) and wrapped my arm backwards around my head. I luckily didnt break my neck all the way across I just cracked one of the little feet on a vertebre off, but my back was the worst part. My spine shattered and cut my spinal cord... the doctors then had to use tweezers to pull all the broken bone fragments out of my cord and then use a saw to cut bone out of my hip to transplant into my back so they would have something to screw the hardware brackets into (so my back would be straight again). It was a pretty nasty ordeal and it just goes to show how stupid some of us can be and how frail our bodies really are. I cant feel or move anything from about 2 inches above my belly button down. So yes, that means I cant feel my dick and cant **** bitches anymore. I cant even feel myself sitting here. Its a very strange feeling fellas and there is no way to describe it so just dont let it happen to you.

I just went ahead and uploaded some more pix of all the stuff I have been talkin about... my current civic, my mustang, more crash pix, scar pix, me workin on stuff, ect. Enjoy fellas (www.funanin.net/crash)
Old 09-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Over 100 on the streets? sounds pretty dumb to me... maybe if you obey traffic laws your car would never ended up like that... as for everyone else who wants to install a cage for safety, I think you'll find that if you obey the traffic laws a roll cage is unnecessary unless the car is for track use...

Im glad the OP is ok but he could have killed somone else, let alone himself..

Do everyone around you a favor... Keep it off the streets and on the track
Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by steveo135
Over 100 on the streets? sounds pretty dumb to me... maybe if you obey traffic laws your car would never ended up like that... as for everyone else who wants to install a cage for safety, I think you'll find that if you obey the traffic laws a roll cage is unnecessary unless the car is for track use...

Im glad the OP is ok but he could have killed somone else, let alone himself..

Do everyone around you a favor... Keep it off the streets and on the track
I'm sure he had no idea how dumb it was, or saw the magnitude of the consequences until you rubbed more salt into the wound. I'm pretty sure he gets it, as does everyone else that has seen the pictures.

I wish i could say everyone would learn from it, but the truth is they won't. Everyday a new 16 year old wannabe vin diesel/paul walker is born, and everyday someone gets seriously injured/killed.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks