Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

99 hatch rear brake conversion questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 hatch rear brake conversion questions.

Please help... I have a 99 hatch and I'm fresh on the scene, don't really know much about this stuff. I came across a 94-up integra 4disc setup complete with everything except for master cylinder and proportioning valve. I need any and all information I can get so i can make this conversion happen. Will it fit? Do i need any other parts? Should I worry about alignment issues after the conversion? Anything else I probably am not seeing?

Also have an intake manifold from an 96-00 ex has fuel rail injectors and everything off the head and would like to change my stock one(the stock one has no plenum and the throtle body sits upright). Is it posibble to do this? Would there be any benifits or downfalls from this change?

I've been playing around with my car for a while now and I get information here and there... I'd just really like to get serious with my hatch and I would really appreciate all your help. THANKS!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 99 hatch rear brake conversion questions. (jkinros)

Swap over the whole trailing arm assembly. It will bolt right up to your hatch. I would get an alignment afterwards.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 AM

Default Re: 99 hatch rear brake conversion questions. (BlueIntegraBoy)

Its all kinda confusing... I've read that 94-up integra fits right in, but also seen that only 99-00 SI would work on the 99 hatch and that the 94-up integra would only work on 92-95 civics. A local shop around here told me that the integra ones wouldn't fit. Do you know somewhere I can see instructions or something solid fact that it'll work? What about the front ones? I'd like to have the gsr brakes and the sway bar, will those fit?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your hatch is a DX you do not need a prop valve. Yours prop valve and the 99-00 Si prop valve are identical. (The 99-00 Si has rear disc brakes).
Old 05-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jkinros &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its all kinda confusing... I've read that 94-up integra fits right in, but also seen that only 99-00 SI would work on the 99 hatch and that the 94-up integra would only work on 92-95 civics. A local shop around here told me that the integra ones wouldn't fit. Do you know somewhere I can see instructions or something solid fact that it'll work? What about the front ones? I'd like to have the gsr brakes and the sway bar, will those fit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes they will fit, the trailing arms are exactly the same! The brakes are the same size as 99-00 Si rear disc brakes. Just use your stock LCAs and you should be set.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:29 AM

Default Re: 99 hatch rear brake conversion questions. (EL Vap133)

No prop valve needed... check! Use original lca... check! Sounds like this just might work. Thanks for the info man. I just need to get new brake lines then, huh?

So now what about the front???

Anything on the intake manifold or should I post another one for that?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jkinros &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No prop valve needed... check! Use original lca... check! Sounds like this just might work. Thanks for the info man. I just need to get new brake lines then, huh?

So now what about the front???

Anything on the intake manifold or should I post another one for that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only if you want new brake lines, you can use the Teg ones. For the fronts (assuming you have 94-01 Integra breakes) just use your stock Upper Control Arms and you're set.

Regarding your manifold, that swap has been done many times successfully, check at the top of the forum on the FAQ page, there should be a write up for it.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 AM

Default Re: 99 hatch rear brake conversion questions. (EL Vap133)

Just to be sure, you said to use the stock upper with the integra lower(which has the mounting points for the front sway bar) and all should be well?

So here's the twist. What if i was getting camber kits. Would I get them for a 94-up integra or a 99 hatch? And what about the brake lines, which ones do I get?

Thanks for all of everyones help. Any more information regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Modified by jkinros at 11:05 AM 5/13/2008
Old 05-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jkinros &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just to be sure, you said to use the stock upper with the integra lower(which has the mounting points for the front sway bar) and all should be well?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Use your stock upper control arms (EK UCA's) for the fronts, but I never said to use Integra lowers. If you want to add the Si swaybar then you'll need the following from a 99-00 Si: swaybar, front shock forks, and front LCA's (think that's it).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jkinros &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So here's the twist. What if i was getting camber kits. Would I get them for a 94-up integra or a 99 hatch? And what about the brake lines, which ones do I get?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Use the EK camber kits, for the brake lines you can use 99-00 Si brake lines.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Front:

All you need from the Integra is knuckle, hub and wheel bearing assembly, rotor, and caliper. You can still re-use your stock upper control arm, brake lines, lower control ares, tie rod.

Rear:

Two ways to swap disc on the rear, but I will just write one way, which is easier way to swap. Get whole trailing arm assembly. That includes, toe arm, trailing arm, rear disc assembly (caliper, rotor, BRAKE LINES!!!, E-brake cable). Brake lines are must since your drum rear brake lines will not work on discs. Get the brake line attached to the Integra's. For E-brake cable, best is to get SI's since they are meant for civic, but I heard Integra's will work.
you can still re-use stock upper control arm, lower arm.

Good Luck