Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

98 honda xs power turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 honda xs power turbo kit

i just recently bought an xs power inc. turbo kit.

it came with turbo, wastegate (is this the same as a blow off valve)
and intercooler.

my question is its not only water cooled it of coarse needs oil. how do i accomplish this.
is there something on my D16Y8 block that i can tap into.

also i was reading somewhere that the BOV releaves air after the throttle were do you put one of those, im new to getting boosted. so any help is appreciated.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 98 honda xs power turbo kit (boosted98EX)

The blow-off valve goes on your charge pipes (The pipes between the turbo and the throttle body). It doesn't matter where it goes on the pipes, but most people like getting it close to the intake manifold. I personally put mine closer to the turbo. It's function is to release the built up pressure when you lift the throttle.

The wastegate goes on the exhaust on the engine side of the turbo, usually on the manifold (not that there is much choice). This is to prevent overboosting. It will route air away from the turbo once the peak pressure it is set up for has been reached.

The oil can be retrived from the oil pressure sensor on the back of the block utilizing a brass T fitting. You can probably get an oil line kit from atpturbo.com or something. You will also need to drill a hole in your oil pan and put a fitting there for the oil to drain to.

These are some pretty simple explainations. Before starting the project you should probably research quite a bit more and determine how you want to set everything up.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 98 honda xs power turbo kit (jolt-tsp)

Make sure you dyno tune it. Get a chipped p28 and a obd2(not sure if its a or b) -> obd1 conversion harness and tune it.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:35 AM

Default Re: 98 honda xs power turbo kit (jolt-tsp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jolt-tsp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The blow-off valve goes on your charge pipes (The pipes between the turbo and the throttle body). It doesn't matter where it goes on the pipes, but most people like getting it close to the intake manifold. I personally put mine closer to the turbo. It's function is to release the built up pressure when you lift the throttle.

The wastegate goes on the exhaust on the engine side of the turbo, usually on the manifold (not that there is much choice). This is to prevent overboosting. It will route air away from the turbo once the peak pressure it is set up for has been reached.

The oil can be retrived from the oil pressure sensor on the back of the block utilizing a brass T fitting. You can probably get an oil line kit from atpturbo.com or something. You will also need to drill a hole in your oil pan and put a fitting there for the oil to drain to.

These are some pretty simple explainations. Before starting the project you should probably research quite a bit more and determine how you want to set everything up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

QTF