Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

97 Civic with h22a4 HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Civic with h22a4 HELP!!!!

OK, so I had a jdm h22a in my car with a crappy transmission. Motor has been in for several years and just wasn't running like it use to. Fortunately I had a extra h22a4 block in the garage and a new h22 transmission. Car ran flawlessly with no codes. So I decided I would put the new motor and tranny in the car. Pulled the motor and took everything off the old motor (complete intake manifold assembly, distributor, starter, spark plugs which were a month old, complete engine harness and fuel rail). i got the motor in, everything hooked up and went to put the battery in and when I connected the ground it sparked pretty bad and did not do this with the old motor. I marked all the plugs before switching over to other motor. Car cranked fine but would not turn over. Only plug that is not hooked up is the oil pressure sensor on back of block which wasn't hooked up on other motor either. Decided to test for spark and all 4 cylinders spark. Checked for gas and had pressure and could smell gas. Checked compression and all cylinders are good. Checked all relays and fuses no problem there. Timing is perfect. Also tried new ecu and nothing changed. I'm not throwing any codes. I've read through threads for hours and tried a few other things found in these threads but no luck. After trying to crank the engine I noticed a buzzing noise coming from the iac and when unplugged goes away. This also did not happen with the old motor in there. I cant seem to figure this out. Only thing I haven't checked is the dizzy to the ecu. I've got a friend coming by tonight with one to see if that might be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Sorry to write a novel but I want to make sure Ive got all the details listed.