Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

97 civic to 97 integra suspension - brakes and sway bars - I searched

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 civic to 97 integra suspension - brakes and sway bars - I searched

I have access to an entire '97 integra suspension for $150. I have a stock '97 Civic HX. I want to upgrade my sway bars and brakes...

From this link: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1811368
I know I can use the front 10.3" rotors / caliper / bracket, but I don't want to by an EX/Si knuckle if I don't have too. I also want to use the larger sway bar from the integra.

Question: Can I use the front lower/upper control arms, coilovers, sway bar, integra knuckles/brakes from the '97 teg on my '97 civic?

I know what to do for the rear....I plan on getting the master cylinder and proportioning valve as well.

Thanks

Old 04-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 97 civic to 97 integra suspension - brakes and sway bars - I searched (kwtorbe)

bump
Old 04-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 97 civic to 97 integra suspension - brakes and sway bars - I searched (kwtorbe)

Come on -- I know somebody has tried to swap over an entire integra suspension before.............BUMP
Old 04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2212602

This link indicates that the front is a Bolt-on swap if I use the upper/lower control arms, sway bar, knuckles, and brakes from the integra....

However, I read on another post that the integra arms are longer and will affect the camber....

I intend to get an alignment when I am all through, but I need to know what to get before Saturday when I take the drive to get the parts.

PLEASE HELP!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you spent more time searching and less time bumping the thread (seriously) you would know that you cannot use dc/eg suspension arms on an ek chassis. Springs and shocks, yes with minor changes, but that wont give you anything.
Sway bar, at 14mm isnt going to do much of anything. You would need to find the proper em1/crv endlinks as well.

HX has the same brakes as DX, so you either machine your knuckle to get the crap to fit, or you buy the knuckle. If you want info on machining it, search for posts by the same user you found previously.
You would know the info on knuckles, if you cross referenced the brake numbers from any parts site...or searching.

You didnt search at all. That or you dont know how.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

I appreciate the response.

Although, I spent 4 hours reading threads on honda-tech, clubcivic, and ek9 on the subject. The problem is that most posts have a lot of contradictory information. For instance, the post above indicates that it will work, while you are saying it will not.

I'm not sure what you mean about the 14mm.....I read that integras (LS) have 22mm swaybars...which is the same as my civic hx (and ex) and would not be beneficial. I also read that the springs are stiffer on integra LS versions then regular civics...that post suggested that the civic owner just swap the springs out on the coilovers.

Since I was unable to come up with a definitive answer one way or another...I will agree that I don't know how to search.....but I definitely gave it a valiant effort.

As for my current decision (for anybody that may turn to this thread for help in the future and also sucks at searching), I have decided that I will use EX/Si spindles with the integra calipers/rotors/lines for the front brake swap and look into finding a 24mm sway bar from a '94-'97 Del Sol (which will bolt up to HX/EX lower control arms).

Thanks pdiggitydog for all the wonderful help