Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 GS-R Motor in 92 DX Civic, I'm ready to burn the little basturd!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 GS-R Motor in 92 DX Civic, I'm ready to burn the little basturd!!!!!!!

I got Hasport to make the harness, I got the ECU adapter to make it obdO to OBD1 and have all the stupid little pigtails all hooked up properly, and the damn thing still won't run properly? THe only thing I can think of, is the fuel pump cannot supply the proper amount of fuel to the injectors, being the stock DX pump! But another strange thing, is I noticed tonite, 8-24-05 that there is fuel leaking out of the head by the exhaust pipe, like between the gasket and the manifod and the head..... Wierd huh? Can anybody please help me? I am to the point now, even with all the money I have put into this car, I am ready to get it to belch a bunch of fuel out again and start itself on fire!!!!! Like it was doing last week!!! HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to have i tready for rockfalls this weekend, but unfortunately, I will not take a brand new clutch to a racetrack!!!! Please, if you can help, call me at 9522212832, thanks!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:37 PM

I also don't see the little resistor box on the driverside firewall... I saw a car over the weekend that had the same motor in the same chassis, actually his was an 89, mines a 90, but he was using the little injector resistor box, oh, and his was a SI mine was a DX. If this helps explain anything....
Old 08-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nissaninahondaworld)

If your using obd0 injectors, you NEED that injector resisitor box.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: (LaFawnduh)

What ECU codes are you getting?
And if you're talkin about a 88-91 DX then the first thing you want to check is how you pinned the new MPFI swaps ECU pins.

***very important because your fuel spilling out is caused by this****
TAPE OFF (electrical tape) THE OLD A3/A7 PINS THAT YOU REMOVED AT THE ECU
They can't be left open to touch ground (chassis), if they do, your injectors will constantly fire (spill fuel everywhere!)

Call hasport since you bought it from them, they can tell you exactly whats wrong just like i can
if they dont help you... call Rywire.com
Old 08-25-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: (NikoZai)

I believe it flashed a 16 last night, first we were getting a 21, which I believe is V-tec, but that shouldn't affect the way the damn thing idles, should it? I had Tony Nguyen From Hand Command tell me what wires went where from the wiring harness to the adapter, and the pigtail that came with the harness from Hasport, I am really getting upset with this, if I can do Nissans, I should be able to figure this out! BUt Everytime I fix one problem, I get knocked right back down with another one!!!!! Damnit!!!!!! Well, thanks for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you for any other help you can give me, thanks millions!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: (nissaninahondaworld)

I lied, sorry, the civic is a 90, not a 92... Sorry my bad. either way, it was a DX, and it still does not run. Thanks!!
Old 08-27-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: (nissaninahondaworld) fuel problems now!!!

Ok, Well, as the saying goes, if you want anything done right, do it yourself! Well I figured that someone had the 4 pins from the hasport pigtail pined in 180 degrees off, Hasport says to look at the connector side of the plug, instead of the wire side like honda would! Well, with that figured out, now I am not getting fuel, or at least not enough. If I cycle the switch a few times, it'll pop pop and then die. I have a stock fuel pump from a gsr, but am unsure of if it will plug in to the dx tank. Let me know, anybody....
Old 08-28-2005, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: With my POS D15B2, Whereever whenever, United States
Default Re: (nissaninahondaworld) fuel problems now!!! (nissaninahondaworld)

dude WTF are you talking about.
You have a 92dx, that is obd1
If you are obd0, go in the crx forum
Old 08-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MugenHonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenHonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude WTF are you talking about.
You have a 92dx, that is obd1
If you are obd0, go in the crx forum
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nissaninahondaworld &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I lied, sorry, the civic is a 90, not a 92... Sorry my bad. either way, it was a DX, and it still does not run. Thanks!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-28-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: (ramtyper19)

Your stock Fuel Pump should be fine...I'm running a type R motor on a stock 96 DX pump right now. As long as its electric don't sweat it.

As for the injectors...you are goign to need OBD1 squirters. Not sure on the resistor box though....I've never screwed with the older civics.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: (xEnderx)

Hey, thanks man, that should clear that up. ummm, The motor I am trying to run, is a 95 GS-r, and that is what injectors came with it, so I think it should be cool, but thanks very much for your help, and then the other guy that stood up for me, when the other guy was telling mr to go to the other forum, thanks to him too!