Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 Prop Valve/Clutch MC Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Prop Valve/Clutch MC Help!!

I can't find my other post. I am troubleshooting here and need some answers.
Basically, My Clutch MC was leaking into my cabin and my Prop Valve is leaking. I replaced my old Clutch MC with a new Ardley(Nissin) one that I ordered from yOparts.com. Bled the system and finally was able to get the car into gear and drove around the block. Keep in mind, my Prop Valve is leaking everytime I mash the brake pedal and leaks sloooowly while the car is sitting.

I drove around the block and noticed when I was at a stop while holding in the brakes, the car would not go into gear and when it did, while I was at a compete stop IN GEAR, and holding the brakes, my clutch seems to bite, indicating I was losing pressuring.

Although I physically see the line going from the Clutch MC all the way to the slave cylinder, is my Prop Valve causing my clutch MC to lose pressure?? Basically, is the hydraulic system for the brakes and clutch MC work together or not? I AM in the process of ordering a new prop valve, but I am trying to clear my misunderstanding up. I figured the brake prop and clutch MC pressure/vacuum would be independent of each other, according to the response from another member on here. When I would continuously brake or hold in the brakes, I would lose pressure in the clutch lines.

I need my car ASAP, Please help or provide input.
Hole where leaking from below:

Last edited by Xscort; 01-18-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: 94 Prop Valve/Clutch MC Help!!

These two hydrolic systems are not linked whatsoever.

You know your prop valve is leaking, but that is a seperate matter from you clutch issue.

There is obviously a leak somewhere from the clutch MC to the slave cylinder. It must be one of the fittings, the soft line, a hard line or the slave cylinder itself that is leaking.