Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 Civic CX Hatch Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Civic CX Hatch Build Thread

Hi guys, my name is Jamal, some of you may remember my first post about a different eg civic i had my eye on. That however fell through and here i am now the owner of a 5 speed 94 CX Hatch. Im new to the honda game and the modding of cars in general but here are a couple facts about the car, i just purchased it for $1,350, and it even came with fog lights as well, the wiring is ready to go but i have to cut the bumper myself. It has an aftermarket intake and strut tower bar, besides that its bone stock, with 16x,xxx miles, and doesn't burn or leak oil. Its not the fastest of course and I would assume it has a base model d series engine in it at the moment. Body is definitely going to need some work, best part is this will be a slow project that will progress as funds progress, seeing as how im in college. Here are pics of the car taken from my phone earlier today.

I ideally want to do this build in stages since this will be my daily driver for work over the summer and the real work will get done during the school year. Also another issue that im presented with is the fact im not good at much DIY based things, i've never really had the chance to do it and would really want to only attempt the easiest of diy things to limit my ineptitude from destroying my ride. I have done a lot of background searching on these forums and want to learn a lot to maybe one day get to the point where i can do it all on my own. So any advice on anything or the roadmap is greatly appreciated and welcomed. But here is the roadmap that i have laid out for my car. I want to keep it completely N/A and in the end want to get roughly 200-250 horses for a nice sleeper ride. Ps for anything that I list if anyone knows links to diy that is relatively easy, and not just easy to you (no offense) please link me to it. Thanks in advance.

Phase 1 (this summer)

- DIY Fog Lights
- Work on the rust to the best of my ability
- JDM Black Housing Headlights, with Smoked Amber Corners http://www.ebay.com/itm/130666024016...ht_3414wt_1138
- JDM Taillights
- JDM Sidemarkers?
- JDM Shift ****

Phase 2 (after summer and acquisition of funds)

- Full B16A Swap
- New Intake
- New Exhaust system (thinking greddy Evo 2 or Spectrum Elite)
- Hi flow cat (thinking magnaflow)
- Possibly new headers
- Short shifter

Phase 3

- Paint (thinking championship white)
- Rota Grid (Gold) 15' Wheels
- New Tires
- Suspension work (coils & struts) (not sure what brands to go with here) or how low to lower it

Phase 4

- Carbon fiber hood
- Front Lip (Type R styling)

Phase 5

- Upgrade Cams

and eventually i would like to get an S2000 cluster installed as well. As you can see phase 1 & 2 are the most thought out and as it gets further down the road im not 100% sure what direction to go in, but have a general idea. Thanks for taking the time to check out my thread. Im gonna post picks in the coming weeks to show how the fog light install goes.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 Civic CX Hatch Build Thread

Sounds like a good plan you got there! Need to keep these EG's alive and looking sharp
Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man im looking forward to seeing how it turns out, my friend from northern minnesota knows a guy that does body/paint and does a very good thorough job so right now im trying to see what a job through him would cost because aside from the swap thats gonna be the most expensive part.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck man!
Looking forward to the end result.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well guys im back, my internship was a lot more busy than I thought it would be, getting used to an 8 hour work day is no joke for a college boy haha. But yesterday i had a little time for myself and decided why not install the fog lights that came with the car myself. The previous owner had white foglights installed on the car before he had to change the front bumper and since im horrible with wiring i figured this would be perfect for me as i would easily be able to cut the bumper slots and it's plug and go.

The project was being done by me and a buddy dan, and everything started well.

The bumper came off easily and we began to cut out the holes with the tools shown. It took about 45-1 hour to get em both done as we split the work in most ways. The driver side fog was the first to be completed and tested and it worked flawlessly. However once we got to the passenger side fog, things didn't go as planned. It plugged in fine but did not light up. As a test I plugged the passenger fog into the driver side connector and needless to say it worked, meaning the passenger side wiring was shot.

Now seeing as how these lights were white and i really wanted the yellow fogs i have a very valid excuse to get em Justification is needed because im still in the process of saving for my B16 swap haha. Im thinking of the Passwordjdm yellow fog kit. Also how simple is the wiring for the kit, because if its too complicated i may not be able to wire it myself and may have to get it installed .

Yet all wasn't lost yesterday i ended up vacuuming the entire inside and trunk area of the car, so its clean on the inside. Thats all for now, like i said this project will be done in phases and until the swap is done very minuscule things will be done, from time to time. I think the most important thing when building anything is a strong foundation and thats why I want to start with the engine first. Once thats done everything else will fall into place.

P.S for future reference does anyone know any good, trustworthy, reputable, rust/body/paint shops or any members that do this kind of work in Minnesota???? The car has a few rust spots on the passenger rear tire arch, the roof of the car and the driver door as well. Until next time guys...
Old 06-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats a pretty good deal you got there. Over here, you're lucky if you can get a beat to hell, rusted up hatch for 2k. Honda is getting to popular over here hah.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

love that body
Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xDreaming
Thats a pretty good deal you got there. Over here, you're lucky if you can get a beat to hell, rusted up hatch for 2k. Honda is getting to popular over here hah.
i would bet they are in cali, but luckily im in middle america where american cars still are the majority surprisingly. The waiting game till the end of the summer is the part thats gonna suck.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

build over?...