Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe...

Im looking at converting the rear brakes to Integra Disc Brakes on my Civic... I went to the local junkyard and found a complete rear disc brake setup... I was wondering a couple things though... The brakes are rusted and so are the center parts of the brakes. I forget what its called. Is there any way I can fix that? Im going to be getting Brembo Blanks for the Disc's and new pads and everything? But will that cause any problems? And also, what else do I need besides the completer Rear Control Arms???

Proportional Valve?? What does this look like? wheres it located?

When I started to take them off, I took off the complete rear trailing arm(s)... Is this almost everything besides the E-Brake cable??? Please let me know. Thank you.... Sorry if this has been posted before...
Old 03-01-2004, 08:53 PM

Default Re: 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe... (compwc18)

if ur talking about the rotors being rusted then u can just resurface them but ur getting new ones ne waise right. ull need the ebrake cables. and the brake booster and the master cylinder. u dont rilly need the proportioning valve. but its on the firewall i believe. its like 4 inches long with brale lines going in and coming out of it.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:50 PM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe... (B18Cej1)

what ^^ he said. if you're going to convert the rear you might as well do the front too to reap all the benefits of having gsr brakes.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:30 AM

Default Re: 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe... (AzntaggeR)

Well there not going to be GSR brakes. They are going to be the standard Integra Disc Brakes? I dont know if it really makes a difference.... It'd cost a total of $180 for all the brakes all around... From The junkyard. And the part that is rusted is the center piece, I believe its called the hub or something????
Old 03-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=152884

PERSONALLY i would upgrade the fronts first. upgraded brake booster and master cylinder, then proportion valve and rear trailing arm assembly last.

Old 03-02-2004, 09:18 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by compwc18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well there not going to be GSR brakes. They are going to be the standard Integra Disc Brakes? I dont know if it really makes a difference.... It'd cost a total of $180 for all the brakes all around... From The junkyard. And the part that is rusted is the center piece, I believe its called the hub or something????</TD></TR></TABLE>
All '94-01 Integra models use the same brakes, with exception of the Type-R.

The hub is the "center" part that the axle spins, and has the (4) studs that the wheels and brake rotors fit onto.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FYI GSR calipers are a straight bolt on for the front if you have an Si/EX coupe.

cant help on the rear, sorry.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:25 AM
be professional

Default Re: (Turbo E 604)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo E 604 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FYI GSR calipers are a straight bolt on for the front if you have an Si/EX coupe.

cant help on the rear, sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>
He has a DX with the smaller 9.5" front brakes.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe... (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
All '94-01 Integra models use the same brakes, with exception of the Type-R.

The hub is the "center" part that the axle spins, and has the (4) studs that the wheels and brake rotors fit onto.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the hub is also sometimes known as the 'spindle'

if you have the baby brakes, you need to get either of these knuckles:
99-00 CIVIC SI (EK)
94-97 Del Sol Vtec
94-2000 Integra
92-95 civic ex

the pv is located on the firewall dead center almost. has 2 lines going in and 4 out (if non-abs)

Old 03-02-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe... (phantom_sol)

So should I get all 4 brakes, fronts and rears? And upgrade all at the same time? Will I have to do any caliper relocation for the rear disc brakes? or no? What all will be included, will it be basically bolt on???

When I instlal them I will be using the write-up from Hybrid Honda... Also, are the front easy?? Ive never swapped out any brakes before. So Im JW please let me know. Thank you...
Old 03-02-2004, 07:38 PM

sup man. i just picked up the same conversion. (99 gsr front and rear on a 94 dx coupe). you want to get the whole rear trailing arm. the caliper should be already on and it basicly bolts straight on in place of the stock ones.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe... (nscivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo E 604 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FYI GSR calipers are a straight bolt on for the front if you have an Si/EX coupe.

cant help on the rear, sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually to correct you
the si/ex(with abs) has the exact same calipers and rotors as the integra
and if he had a ex(with abs) or a si he would not be upgrading the rear disks because he would already have rear disks and "upgraded" front brakes

then the only thing he could upgrade is fi he went with type r brakes or upgraded to a larger master cylinder and brake booster.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:44 PM

Default Re: 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe... (nscivic)

alright, are the fronts the same thing?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:46 PM

Default Re: 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe... (dirtyd463)

and since i have a dx, shouldnt i get the ls brakes instead of the gsr cuz they dont have the ABS?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the dx has 9.5" rotors and rear drum brakes

the integra has 10.3" ritirs and rear disks (the si and abs ex has the same brakes as the integra)

you should upgrade the entire brake system

but i will tell you one thing now

YOU DO NOT NEED A 40/40 proportional valve
i know people that race effectively with disk conversions that have the stock prop. valve. so dont even worry about it. i have four wheel disks on my hatch and i did not change it and it works beautifully.

but you must upgrade your master cylinder and brake booster in order for your brakes to work properly with the larger front calipers.

and to me it sounds like you do not have very much experience with working on cars so i would reccomend having someone that does know what they are doing help you along the process because your brakes are tha last thing you want to fail.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by compwc18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and since i have a dx, shouldnt i get the ls brakes instead of the gsr cuz they dont have the ABS?</TD></TR></TABLE>

all integras have the same rotors and calipers
you can use either one but when instaling a abs equipped brake just remove the sensor and VIOLA you have a non abs brake
Old 03-02-2004, 08:56 PM

ive been reading up on write ups... im just learning to do things on my own, that's all. and another thing... where is the valve that makes the abs brakes non abs??? please let me know. thank you...
Old 03-02-2004, 08:57 PM

and this may be a dumb question but where is the brake booster and master cylinder??? in the engine bay or on the brakes??
Old 03-02-2004, 09:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (compwc18)

engine bay. booster is the black circle dome mounted on the driver side firewall and the master cyclinder is mounted on the booster.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont mix abs and non abs stuff. brake booster doesnt mater. but everything past the master cylinder and on is specific. read the thread i linked you to above. that should be more than enough information. also has pictures
Old 03-03-2004, 07:57 AM

Default Re: (phantom_sol)

wheres the link to the thread?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

5TH POST FROM TOP

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=152884
Old 03-03-2004, 08:12 AM

thanks man
Old 03-03-2004, 08:28 AM
be professional

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirtyd463 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOU DO NOT NEED A 40/40 proportional valve
i know people that race effectively with disk conversions that have the stock prop. valve. so dont even worry about it. i have four wheel disks on my hatch and i did not change it and it works beautifully.

but you must upgrade your master cylinder and brake booster in order for your brakes to work properly with the larger front calipers.</TD></TR></TABLE>
On the contrary. I would recommend that he change the proportioning valve and worry about the master cylinder later.

The master cylinder upgrade does nothing except improve pedal feel, while the proper proportioning valve can actually decrease stopping distances due to better brake balance. All Civics with 4-wheel discs should be using the 40/40 proportioning valve.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (compwc18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phantom_sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont mix abs and non abs stuff. brake booster doesnt mater. but everything past the master cylinder and on is specific. read the thread i linked you to above. that should be more than enough information. also has pictures</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, you are feeeding him crap!!!

there is no difference between a abs caliper and rotor and a non abs caliper and rotor.

non abs integras have locations for abs sensors but they are not utilized.

make shure you knopw what you are talking about before you give advice

sorry to be a dick but this is a pet pieve of mine.

the only thing different about a car with abs is the brake proportioner and sensor rings. a car with abs has sensor rings and sensors located either on the axle or hub and a computer controlled proportioning valve. THAT IS IT. the knuckles and trailing arms are identical, the calipers are the same part numbers and the rotors are the same part numbers. if you dont believe me go to a parts store like auto zone and ask for part numbers from an integra RS without abs and part numbers from a gsr. tell me the results. i will put money down that they are IDENTICAL.

now to compwc18, go get yourself a decent set of brakes and make shure all of the bearings are good in the knuckles up front and on the hubs on the back. check to make shure all of the studs are in good shape and find a good brake booster and master cylinder. I would seriously reccomend that you find someone that knows what to do help you along with the install and teaches you how to do it. If i lived closer top you i would come out and give you a hand but i live a good ways out.

good luck with the install and feel free to ask me any questions you may have

Quick Reply: 94-01 Integra Brakes on a EG Coupe...