Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 Civic Dx Integra Brake Conv Gone Wrong|help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 93 Civic Dx Integra Brake Conv Gone Wrong|help

Ok, so I have a 93 Civic Dx that I've been trying to do a brake upgrade on.

The first thing I did was put on 94+ GS-R front arms, discs, and calipers. Everything was fine.
Then I noticed my leaky MC (the stock Dx one). So instead of just getting a replacement (or a 91' Ex MC), I opted for a 94+ GS-R BB & MC (big mistake).
After having my brakes lock up on me on the highway, I did some research and realized I needed a NON-ABS BB & MC so I picked up both from a 94-95 Integra RS.

But, for some reason my brakes locked up on me again today on my way to school.
The only thing I can think of is the prop valve.
I still have the stock prop valve in because I haven't put in the GS-R rear disc yet b/c of various reasons.
Could that be the issue? I think it is because all 94-95 RS's come stock with rear pads & 40/40s.
I'm going to complete the conversion, I just have class and don't have a garage so things become difficult at times.

Any & all assistance would be greatly appreciated.
(Btw, I changed out both stock front brake lines for Earl's SS's because I read one of the stock lines could have been "collapsed").

Thanks for looking, and thanks for the help if you can.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 93 Civic Dx Integra Brake Conv Gone Wrong|help

Not too sure if anyone cares (or had the same issue) but the culprit turned out to be a clogged brake hard-line. When I removed my stock prop valve (before I installed the 40/40) I disconnected my front and rear brake lines and blew air through each hard-line with an air compressor. The hard-line that ran to the passenger rear was clogged with some crap, idk. But afterward, I reconnected everything, finished my rear conversion, installed the 40/40 and bled everything. Now my brakes feel amazing! This was a great upgrade and worth all the trouble imo. I'd recommend it for anyone thinking of getting rid of their stock drums. Peace.