Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 Honda Civic Hatchback Headlights,

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Honda Civic Hatchback Headlights,

Before, I decided to add yet another Headlight topic i used the search option and found alot of similar questions that answered some of my questions and then just ended up confusing me.

I'm a delivery driver and we deliver till 4am (drunk people and mostly stoners) when im driving my hatch i have to put the high beams on too barley make out address on the side of buildings this is a problem.

After searching threads for this topic i came up with the following solutions.

1. Buy a brighter bulb so far I have heard a lot of good things from Philips xtreme vision/power bulbs. And there pretty cheap as well as cleaning the haze off the stock headlights

2. I can get retro projectors. the best site many suggusted was http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ This is were i got confused,
You buy the Headlights then you buy the hid kits? and then have someone retro fit them so you dont blind the **** out of the driver infront of you this is the better but more pricy options 500+ Could anyone put this in lame-mans terms. and where can i find a estbalishment that retro fits them.

Here are my questions.

1.What kind of life expediency can i expect from method 1 vs method 2?

2. If i go with method 2 I need to choose from the Complete retro fits section correct.

3. I don't want that blue light color is there anyway to get a pure clear white?

4 Philips, Matsushita, and Denso do any of these companys have advantage over another or are they ranked just about the same and cant go wrong with any of there product

Thank you for your time
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 92 Honda Civic Hatchback Headlights,

this is what you do 92 HB have glass housings so you dont gotta worry about haze. just get hids ( not ebay xenon!! they are the same brightness as a hallogen and waste of money!) get like some quality kensuns for 70$ a kit or something along those lines cuz you dont want to cheap out on lights the more u pay the brighter and longer they will last and the less power they will waste. and 5,000K is pure white no blue what so ever. and the retro fitting crap is a bunch of ****. just put them in oem housing and you can see for miles or if you wanna be proper and look like a ricer then get the projector housing its up to you. you dont gotta worry about blinding ppl the only thing is tht ppl will flash you from time to time which if funny af imo.

1= too much money for halogens. not impressive, nothing is brighter than hids. and glass housings dont have haze tht u will ever have to worry about

2= no retro fitting required you can buy the ricer lookin projector housings for 100-200
$. hids are less blinding then halogens no matter what housing they are in. or best bet hids in factory housing max brightness minimal driver blindness.
3= 5,000K pure white!
4= Philips is your best halogen company denso is 2nd. matsushita not as high quality.