Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 EG Hatch - Questions about tire wear and battery/fuse box relocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 92 EG Hatch - Questions about tire wear and battery/fuse box relocation

My tires are treading on the inside, but I have skunk2 camber kit on the front. Can this be adjusted to correct the problem? Or should I just take it to a tire shop such as ken towerys, firestone, etc?

Also i did a prelude 92-96 console swap into my eg, looks really good but i was wondering if anyone had the ashtray or cupholder on here? What is this called above the radio in the picture and where can i get one? I thought it was called DIN pocket slot or something like that but can't find anything on ebay.

Thanks guys.

Thinking about relocating the battery, and fusebox going with a purple engine bay and some purple slips? Any ideas?
Attached Images    
Old 03-17-2012, 03:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 92 EG Hatch - Questions about tire wear and battery/fuse box relocation

You need an alignment machine to do it correctly or you may throw off the alignment. That being said, something in the suspension may be worn. Inspect or have the suspension inspected before the alignment.

Console pieces: http://www.hondapartscheap.com/find-...ANEL%20GARNISH

No comment on the purple. It's one of my least favorite colors but, to each their own.

When I relocated my battery I went and got a $20 set of jumper cable that are the same gauge as the battery cables. Way cheaper than buying 40ft of 6 gauge @ $5/ft.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 92 EG Hatch - Questions about tire wear and battery/fuse box relocation

This forum is almost strictly reserved for tech questions. You're asking several things here, one of which should be in the market place, another of which should be in the appearance forum, and another that should be in the suspension forum.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

For your tire problem, your toe could be off. When you lower a car the toe tends to go inward I believe it is. Toe will eat through tires. Camber kind of does too, but not as much as toe. Get an alignment. As far as where to go, do some research on local places. I like to go to small businesses that are reputable. I hate Les Schawb. I do like Discount Tire, however.
The right purple looks good IMO. I think a metallic kind of purple looks very clean. Just my opinion, however.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Libertariat
This forum is almost strictly reserved for tech questions. You're asking several things here, one of which should be in the market place, another of which should be in the appearance forum, and another that should be in the suspension forum.
Sorry, i apologize for that. I had a question and then i started typing and more things came to mind.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by lazlong
You need an alignment machine to do it correctly or you may throw off the alignment. That being said, something in the suspension may be worn. Inspect or have the suspension inspected before the alignment.

Console pieces: http://www.hondapartscheap.com/find-...ANEL%20GARNISH

No comment on the purple. It's one of my least favorite colors but, to each their own.

When I relocated my battery I went and got a $20 set of jumper cable that are the same gauge as the battery cables. Way cheaper than buying 40ft of 6 gauge @ $5/ft.
Thanks for the link i found the ashtray there, the cupholder wasn't listed. Thanks for the info on the battery relocate, and do you know what the DIN pocket would be called that i could put my phone and wallet in, its in the picture it looks something like this but idk if it will fit.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/honda-din-pocket-lid-2883742/
Found that on here, any other things i could use?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kohen
For your tire problem, your toe could be off. When you lower a car the toe tends to go inward I believe it is. Toe will eat through tires. Camber kind of does too, but not as much as toe. Get an alignment. As far as where to go, do some research on local places. I like to go to small businesses that are reputable. I hate Les Schawb. I do like Discount Tire, however.
The right purple looks good IMO. I think a metallic kind of purple looks very clean. Just my opinion, however.
Thanks, i need to buy two new tires for the front, i hope they can fix the toe/camber to where it doesn't eat the inside of my tires as much.

Still looking for where i can find this pocket,
Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by civiceagle2
i hope they can fix the toe/camber to where it doesn't eat the inside of my tires as much. ,
Oh they will be able to. Let us know what they say about your alignment and get a read out of the specs and show us. Tell us what they say. We'll try to protect you from them saying "uhhh yeah you need an all around camber kit and toe adjusters and tie rods and wheel bearings and blah blah blah." So, let us know
Old 03-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh they will be able to. Let us know what they say about your alignment and get a read out of the specs and show us. Tell us what they say. We'll try to protect you from them saying "uhhh yeah you need an all around camber kit and toe adjusters and tie rods and wheel bearings and blah blah blah." So, let us know
Alright, i will update you all with what they say. I know my car has skunk2 camber kit on front and back. Could you give me a brief description of what the difference between camber and toe is? I get them mixed up but i know they are different. Thanks guys.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:34 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Could you give me a brief description of what the difference between camber and toe is?
Really? Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=camb...ient=firefox-a
Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I went to a local alignment shop to get my camber/toe checked out and see if i needed a front end alignment. My camber in the front is positive 3.75 on the drivers side, and 4 on the passengers side. It has skunk 2 camber kit on the front and the adjustment on the toe is more than normal (.16) and mine is (.25) which makes the wheels pushed more inwards which i need in my case. They said basically all i could do was try and find a longer upper control arm for the front that could help fix my camber and that an alignment wouldn't help at all. Or that i could raise it up 3-4 inches. his other advice was to rotate the tires between oil changes to help save tire tread on inside. Does anyone else have this problem or know of any solutions?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ttt any ideas?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Ttt any ideas?
find a new alignment shop asap.

where did you go ?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tony's Wheel Brake & Alignment, they are actually a nice shop and seem to know what they were talking about.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

sure they didn't mean negative camber, did they know you had a camber kit ?

my hatch is about the same height as yours and I'm like -1.6 camber without a camber kit and the shop never had issues setting the toe to spec also if you raised the car 3-4 inches you would be higher than stock
Old 05-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah well i might try and bring it somewhere else to get it looked at but yeah they knew it had a camber kit on it, and my bad yeah negative camber. I really dont see why mine would be that much off its been lowered on full k-sport coilovers before i got it, they look older and dont ride amazing but i dont know if this would affect the improper tire treading because i started showing wires on the inside of my last set of tires, while having 50% tread on outside of tires