Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

89 rear koni yellows Vs. 89 rear civic wagon shocks

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 rear koni yellows Vs. 89 rear civic wagon shocks

ok .. I have been doing some research on this and have some thoughts and just want to check with you guys to see if what I am thinking is right.
(I am going to be using the 89 accord front struts like everyone else, with H&R race springs)

1. I read that to help compensate for the front being lower (using the accord stocks) you can use the ef hatch koni yellows because they have an adjustable rear perch (or something along those lines) to help make the rear almost as low as the fronts with accord shocks.
2. I also saw the pic of the rear 89 wagon shock vs. the stock rear hatch strut and how the perch is lower but the body is the saw size. actually causing you to have less travel .. you will just be lower.

Here is my question .. Is the koni yellow body shorter than a stock shock body? If not then it would be the same case as using the wagon rear stuck because you would just be lowering the perch on the koni with the same size body. (if it is shorter, that makes sense then that it would work)

I am using H&R race springs so I am not using C/Os so I don't have the ability of the adjustment!!
Thanks in advance for any input and hopefully this will clear up some thoughts for both myself and maybe some others that were thinking the same!
Old 03-26-2005, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 89 rear koni yellows Vs. 89 rear civic wagon shocks (sleeperx)

sorry guys, I just realized that I posted this in the EG instead of the EF. Mod .. I did repost this in the EF forums so you can delete this if you like and not move it.
Thanks