Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2 Loose Wires Hanging Dont Know Where They Go!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Loose Wires Hanging Dont Know Where They Go!!! HELP!!!

Ok guys I need your help ASAP I just recently purchased a 94 EJ1 Coupe, it has SIR layour but was fitted with a D16Z6 engine that the previous owner sent to heaven. So I replaced it with a D15B2 engine & rigged up the 3 Stage Vtec by connecting numer one solenoid on the dizzy ignition wire & the second solenoid on the original vtec wire (works perfect) now I notice there are 2 wires left hanging to the back of the engine they are green with white stripe I beleive & red with yellow stripes, seems they had a connection end which previous owner removed now I checked autozones website & got a diagram & now I realised my car doesnt have an Air Intake Temp sensor connected or anywhere to be found on the engine.

I used back the D16Z6 intake mani on the D15B2 head along with the D16Z6 exhaust.

Guys I would like to know where these 2 wires are to be connected as I dont see where they go, I connected an Air Temp Sensor to it & it sent the RPM through the roof Oh my dizzy has to be advanced maximum in order for the car to have power HELP!!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2 Loose Wires Hanging Dont Know Where They Go!!! HELP!!! (Madchanic)

What car and year engine harness do you have? I can check the service manual and see what the two wires lead to.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:25 PM

Default Re: 2 Loose Wires Hanging Dont Know Where They Go!!! HELP!!! (wonder squirrel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wonder squirrel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What car and year engine harness do you have? I can check the service manual and see what the two wires lead to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe you can help me.

I have 2 wires cut also. The one on the bottom where there's a plug. Green/white and yellow/green I believe.

I need to know where it goes to.

A pic would be nice for reference if possible.

*If someone could post a website where I could buy one...that would be fine. Plug/wire and all?*
Old 05-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yellow/red is knock sensor i believe, go grab another harness, or go steal some plugs from the junkyard.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:13 PM

Default Re: 2 Loose Wires Hanging Dont Know Where They Go!!! HELP!!! (wonder squirrel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wonder squirrel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What car and year engine harness do you have? I can check the service manual and see what the two wires lead to.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The year is 1994 & engine harness is the same I believe from the D16Z6 which was in the car when I bought it. Since changed to a D15B2, My O2 sensor is connected, coolant temp sensor, oil pressure/temp sesnsor only sensor I dont see an end for or see is the air temp sensor & when I connect the air temp sensor to these wires the RPM goes through the roof instantly
Old 05-25-2008, 08:35 AM

Default Re: 2 Loose Wires Hanging Dont Know Where They Go!!! HELP!!! (Madchanic)

Ok the colors of the wires are green & white & red & white, they come out of the section of the loom that the O2 sensor wires, water temp, reverse light switch & dizzy wires come from.

I connected my air temp sensor to it yesterday & immediately the car felt & behaved better, only setback was that I could smell the raw gas not beign ignited properly