Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1999 Civic SI EM1 black

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Civic SI EM1 black

Hello Everyone, I will be the first to say I know nothing about Honda.. Lol odd right? I had a Impreza RS that I built NA for years, Then a 408whp 06 WRX that I loved & hated. Wanted something that wasn't so uncomfortable and purchased a G35 coupe, Then tried out a 2008 F150 V8 Lariat (would still have it if I didn't move back to Chicagoland where I do not need something that big, I could barely fit through Ipass lol.)

Needles to say a friend of a friend was sitting on a True EM1 that he had for years that he hardly drove due to some legal troubles, I still have yet to hit 100k mark, I think I am about 98k on it currently. I would post some pics put the car is in the shop getting -

-new OEM battery
-Oil & fluids, Had to get my trusted amsoil in
-driver side wheel bearing
-all new calipers rotors and pads around
-water pump / timing belt / plugs & wires / valve adjustment
-new E break lines
-Alignment
-new motor mounts
-short ram intake
-DC headers
-Highflow CAT
-Greddy EVO catback

the car already has full coilovers that are in great condition and the fenders rolled because I guess before he bought it was a "show car" but it currently has good condition OEM SI wheels that I like alot just need new rubber. Oh it also has full JDM lip kit on it as well and a wingless trunk.

I am not sure what kind of coilovers they are I forgot to look when it was in the air but I thought they were blown, The noise ended up being the motor mounts, The wheels stayed tight as could be when the car was lifted with no drooping. So that was a good thing to see.

What I want to do to the car for now....
- Any good All black seat covers for front and back that don't look corny?
- Need to locate a passenger door panel, Looks like someone punched the current one.
- Double din Head unit and a single 8 or 10 inch sealed box sub, Nothing insane and something I can plug my phone into.
- JDM yellow fogs
- New weather stripping all the way around and even though I don't want the extra weight I want to do something to the panels like a spray or dynomat to eliminate as much road / outside noise as I can.
I really really want the car even down to the dash / gauge clusters / interior lighting. Make the car almost like it was made this year..Suggestions?

The car is clean considering its a 1999 coupe. It has a small amount of cancer around the quarter panel I need to get taken care off as well as some PDR. After all the above and being that it is winter time body mods are going to have to wait until I save up a bit more. After that is finished and hopefully rolling into this summer I will be able to.

- Supercharge on like 6-8 lbs
- type R trans
- Clutch & flywheel / injectors / fuel rail etc.

Really I am just trying to get it back to looking and feeling new on the inside and outside before I start going all out on it. Again I will have pics soon and curious to hear some feedback on some of the things planned (This is a daily driver I am looking to keep good gas mileage and reliability, Not looking for a monster (yet) until my house is closed on and funds allow me to have a toy and a practical car again.

Also is there any other cheap mods I am missing to make the car that much more enjoyable? I am removing the AC because I don't use AC in any of my cars at all. I keep the windows down and complain when its hot.. lol
Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1999 Civic SI EM1 black

Pics of the car would be nice too

Last edited by toyomatt84; 01-24-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: This is not the Marketplace.