Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1992 civic hatch..i think my right rear frame is bent.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 civic hatch..i think my right rear frame is bent.

First of all i would like to say thanks to many of you for your post. I've learned a lot about my Honda civic. this is really my first time posting. i know I'm a rookie..lol. i bought this car of this *** whole didn't tell me he took a hit or got side swept on the right side. anyway i was prepping the body for a new paint job and found so much bondo i could build a house with.lol.. i really don't care about the body. I'm all about the speed. so the paint shop told me to take it to shop so they can straighten the frame. well i did, the guy told me that I'm looking at double what the car is worth to fix it and said to sell it. i then raised the right rear to see if the suspensions was bad but looks fine. i wish i could take a picture.... oka. let me explain better. lets say your going to take off the right rear tire. you have raise with a jack. the frame has like a 2 inch piece of metal where jack goes... that's what messed up.... i then took it to pep-boys to get an alignment to see if it's good they told me that they can't do it. took it to another place said the same because it was lowered...... i love this car......need help
Old 04-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 1992 civic hatch..i think my right rear frame is bent. (gfex81)

if u dont care about the body then just put bondo on it and say [freak] it... its up to u.. id fix it but making a frame unbent is a big task no matter how small on a crease is in it.. the guy that sold it too u is a prock for not telling u. car fax it to see how exactly what accident had happend and even if he had reported it.. but back to topic at hand.. how bad is the sheet metal? or is it mostly frame damage. if it was me id take it down to an performacne allignment shop that car allign lowerd cars and if they tell u that the allignment is fine take the body work to bare metal bang it out with a hammer and dolly set. and bondo it to make it smooth...

thats just my 2 cents.. pm me if u have any more ?. i kno wy body work
Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 PM

Default Re: 1992 civic hatch..i think my right rear frame is bent. (luvmihatch)

thanks for they reply... you guys are fast..lol. the car runs hard and smooth. it runs straight but when i hit a bump it will throw to the left. i also did some ghetto allignment a friend told me to do.. make a budle of water and drive threw it with the wheels on the right side. then check the trail... if there even then don't worry about it. is this true can you really check by doing this...lol. anyway the trail was even...
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u just gotta make sure the allginment is rite.... that the main thing then like i said. just get the body as u are happy with it then all is good gl and hope u get it done.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gfex81 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> runs straight but when i hit a bump it will throw to the left. i also .</TD></TR></TABLE>

you ans your own question......if like the car and want to keep it stay away from bumps and Dont drive hard....
Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 PM

Take it to Truline alignment. They align lowered cars. Ask them if any of your bushings are broken too in the rear, if so get it replaced and the ride quality should improve.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:17 PM

Default Re: 1992 civic hatch..i think my right rear frame is bent. (r3vmixman)

well i took my car to get an allignment and they said that all they can do is a visual inspection due to the fact that my right rear trailing arm is slightly bent and that my front left axle is bad. trailing arm costs $380 through honda.... i'm gonna hit up the junk yards tomorrow. anyway back to my question. if i replace the trailing arm is it safe to say that it's safe to drive.