Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1992 Civic cx bulkhead worth rebuilding?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 05:40 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Civic cx bulkhead worth rebuilding?

Hey everyone I'm new to here, so sorry if this topic has been talked about before but can't seem to find any other thread with my same concerns, well I have a 1992 Cx Eh2 hatchback that I've owned for a couple months now, well just about 2 months ago I got into an accident on the high way, I spinned out in a slight bend while it was raining and the car hydro-planned into the wall, the impact was mostly from the front passager side which cause the front to shift to the left (driver side) so i just wanted to know if the front bulkhead was worth rebuilding or just sell it and start with another hatch, I'll try to be detailed I'm each picture I post with my concerns

Notice how the front driver side headlight and turn signal lamp stick out

On this corner of the radiator support you see green paint meaning this area has been fixed before with bad paint correction since most of the driver front side has loads of red overspray also you can see here the fender is not aligning well because it appears as if the whole front shifted from impact

Here you see the wheel house that holds the motor mount bracket and you see some green paint underneath the red paint meaning it was chopped and replaced before, amd i think from this being done causes another concern from the last picture

Better look from driver side with hood closed

Notice how on the passanger side the corner lamp is tucked in from the impact side where i hit and the fender also not aligning since the impact caused the front to shift

Better look of passenger side light assembly being tucked with hood closed

Complete view from the front end, notice how on one side the bumper sticks outside a bit further where the hood is supposed to meet, previous owner had said the car was never in an accident and i say otherwise

I plan to get both front wheelhouse assemblies and the radiator support, I have plans for this car but don't want to invest so much time and money if I can have a better start with a cleaner hatch
Old 07-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1992 Civic cx bulkhead worth rebuilding?

I would be concerned about the quality of previous repair work. If it were me, I would strip the front end (fenders/bumper cover/ headlights/ impact beam etc.) to get a better look at what you're really dealing with.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: 1992 Civic cx bulkhead worth rebuilding?

You could have a sedan hood on it. They would be about an inch longer, they fit and latch but look goofy. I learned this the hard way by having a hood fly up on me because the latch just hardly hooks.