Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1/4 MILE QUESTIONS??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 MILE QUESTIONS??

I plan on taking my 92 eg si hb to the 1/4 this weekend and i have a few things i plan to take off;

1. Im going to remove my 16' konigs off front - back.. I have a set of 14 ' and 13' honda steelies ? which size should i use??

2. Remove my spair tire an jack, because no need for that

just have i/h/e setup car only has 110xxx original KM .. anything else you can suggest to remove that is uneeded?

thanks
Old 09-17-2003, 01:39 PM

Default Re: 1/4 MILE QUESTIONS?? (nichols_si)

Run either wheels...whatever you have better tires for...theres not much you can remove that will increase it too much without major work EX. a/c p/s and so on
Old 09-17-2003, 01:42 PM

yea i was thinking 14's all around - just becuase the 13s are slicks basically an i might bring them along and swith the front 2 for a run an see how it goes gota practise some launches
Old 09-17-2003, 01:52 PM

Default Re: (nichols_si)

14's are plenty light.......just make sure you have good meat on the tires and get your 60" time down around 2.0
Old 09-17-2003, 01:59 PM

I say go with the 16 in. Konig's because they're not too heavy and you could put a much wider tire on than you could the 13's or 14's. You want traction more than weight loss. Get a real sticky tire like a Nitto 555R. then you should get a pretty good time.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take the passenger seat out, its easy to remove and replace
Old 09-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Eyewitness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eyewitness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">14's are plenty light.......just make sure you have good meat on the tires and get your 60" time down around 2.0</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you can prove to me that you got a 2.0 60 foot on 14 inch 185/60 **** tires, I'll give you a dollar. If you can hit 2.3 on the **** tires you're doing well for yourself. Expect 2.5's to 2.7's.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:17 PM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you can prove to me that you got a 2.0 60 foot on 14 inch 185/60 **** tires, I'll give you a dollar. If you can hit 2.3 on the **** tires you're doing well for yourself. Expect 2.5's to 2.7's.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I doubt heel actually get a 2.0 but thats what your aiming for....honestly if i EVER get a 2.3 or higher im driving shitty....and this was not on **** tires...thats wahy i recommend he has good meat on them....READ SON....
Old 09-17-2003, 02:31 PM

take out your back seat, your carpet, and the sound dampening tar. the tar ways something around 80 pounds? Seat ways 34, carpet is 10ish, and take out your change tray... I was surprized to see that I had 7 pounds of quarters in my car
Old 09-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Unceasing Measure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eyewitness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I doubt heel actually get a 2.0 but thats what your aiming for....honestly if i EVER get a 2.3 or higher im driving shitty....and this was not on **** tires...thats wahy i recommend he has good meat on them....READ SON....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice use of the English language, you stupid ***** . I'm in a bad mood today and you're not helping things along. The kid said that he's going to the track this weekend and wants to know what will help him get a good time with what he's got. He's obviously not going to go out and buy a set of $250 drag radials (Nitto 555's are horseshit tires anyway, to whoever suggested them) before the weekend so he can pull down his 60 foot.

I mean, ****, you could've just told him to buy a turbo while he's out, since you don't seem to be able to comprehend the intial request of his post. Maybe you should go back and read...scratch that...get your mom to read outloud for you the man's post so you understand what's really going on.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you can prove to me that you got a 2.0 60 foot on 14 inch 185/60 **** tires, I'll give you a dollar. If you can hit 2.3 on the **** tires you're doing well for yourself. Expect 2.5's to 2.7's.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK first off i dont care about my langauge....and if I made your ***** hurt well...whatever..obviously you ARE having a bad day....thats how **** goes...thats probably why you responded to my first comment with and assanine remark. I suggested GOOD tires, and you pull out "185/60 **** tires" Clearly your you cant think when your mad. And to whoever suggested he get som 555's....BOTTOM LINE they would help..maybe not the best tire but it is an improvement....some poeple do spend all kinds of money for little gains,and thats there decision. If it makes em happy the knocked .3 of there time great. The guy asked for suggestions and i gave him some.....

2 main things he asked that I answered....what size out of the wheels he has....i suggested 14's......Second thing he sked if there was anything else he could remove to save weight...i advised nothing besides major **** like p/s and a/c.....clearly you make erroneous remarks towards me b/c your a piece of ****....scratch that....**** you.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:22 PM

Default Re: (CarbonCreations)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarbonCreations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the tar ways something around 80 pounds? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not that much. I got 12 lbs. of it out of my 93 DX hatch

IMO, the easiest things to remove are the spare/jack, back seats, and front pass. seat
Old 09-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Unceasing Measure

Originally Posted by Eyewitness
OK first off i dont care about my langauge....
Unless you know of a better way to communicate with the world, you should start caring. I can't even take your (incorrect and evasive, by the way) rebuttal seriously because your command of written communication is so feeble. I'll bet you don't know what an ellipsis is, but you seem to use them in between every semi-coherent thought that wafts its way through your vacuous skull.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and if I made your ***** hurt well...whatever..obviously you ARE having a bad day....thats how **** goes...thats probably why you responded to my first comment with and assanine remark.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, you "made my ***** hurt". Did you do a search of VTEC voodoo's old posts to come up with that witty little ejaculation? Do you know what assanine means? Obviously you don't, because if you did you wouldn't have used it in such a context. My comment was in direct reference to your statement that "14's are plenty light.......just make sure you have good meat on the tires and get your 60" time down around 2.0" I simply stated that stock 14 inch tires aren't going to allow you anywhere near enough traction to get that 60 feet (not inches, as you put it...it's one apostrophe, not two, champ). I asked you to show me how the 14 inch 185/60 SR14 tires that come stock on a car like my EH3 civic can get you a 2.0 sixty foot. You responded poorly, thus I retaliated.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I suggested GOOD tires, and you pull out "185/60 **** tires" Clearly your you cant think when your mad. And to whoever suggested he get som 555's....BOTTOM LINE they would help..maybe not the best tire but it is an improvement....some poeple do spend all kinds of money for little gains,and thats there decision. If it makes em happy the knocked .3 of there time great. The guy asked for suggestions and i gave him some.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, you suggested that he get good tires and get a 2.0 60'. That's helpful, you asshat. No **** he's going to go for a low sixty foot. The part that gets me is that your only other piece of advice is, in layman's terms, "Pay money to get decent **** so your car isn't pathetic." Well no ****, Sherlock. He didn't ask, "What can I buy for $249.99 before I go to the track this weekend?" He asked for advice on how to best utilize the **** he's already got. Nice.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2 main things he asked that I answered....what size out of the wheels he has....i suggested 14's......Second thing he sked if there was anything else he could remove to save weight...i advised nothing besides major **** like p/s and a/c.....clearly you make erroneous remarks towards me b/c your a piece of ****....scratch that....**** you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean he can't take off the door panels and remove his speakers to save 40 pounds? I mean, that takes about five minutes a door. You didn't mention the passenger seat either: there's another 35 pounds or so. He could also make power simply by disconnecting the PS and AC belts, which you didn't mention, instead insisting that he was at the end of his weight reduction quest and had to start removing the vitals to gain anything more.

You're a tool and I'd advise you to keep your drivel to yourself. If I wanted to look at **** on this message board I'd take a crap on my computer screen.

I do enjoy how you used my "scratch that" as your final little "dig". It's probably the best part of your whole little retort there. Keep it up
Old 09-17-2003, 06:43 PM

all you gotta do is fold in your mirrors dude get like 14's no problem. fold in thoes mirrors boys........
Old 09-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicNA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicNA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all you gotta do is fold in your mirrors dude get like 14's no problem. fold in thoes mirrors boys........</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont forget to put the antenna down and put duct tape around hood seams and bumper seams.

but really tho, drop the pressure in ur front tires to about ~20psi for more traction. and dont fill up before u race. 1/4 tank is plenty. but dont race too empty as ur fuel pressure will be lower
Old 09-17-2003, 07:30 PM

Unless you know of a better way to communicate with the world, you should start caring. I can't even take your (incorrect and evasive, by the way) rebuttal seriously because your command of written communication is so feeble. I'll bet you don't know what an ellipsis is, but you seem to use them in between every semi-coherent thought that wafts its way through your vacuous skull.

Yes, you "made my ***** hurt". Did you do a search of VTEC voodoo's old posts to come up with that witty little ejaculation? Do you know what assanine means? Obviously you don't, because if you did you wouldn't have used it in such a context. My comment was in direct reference to your statement that "14's are plenty light.......just make sure you have good meat on the tires and get your 60" time down around 2.0" I simply stated that stock 14 inch tires aren't going to allow you anywhere near enough traction to get that 60 feet (not inches, as you put it...it's one apostrophe, not two, champ). I asked you to show me how the 14 inch 185/60 SR14 tires that come stock on a car like my EH3 civic can get you a 2.0 sixty foot. You responded poorly, thus I retaliated.

Yeah, you suggested that he get good tires and get a 2.0 60'. That's helpful, you asshat. No **** he's going to go for a low sixty foot. The part that gets me is that your only other piece of advice is, in layman's terms, "Pay money to get decent **** so your car isn't pathetic." Well no ****, Sherlock. He didn't ask, "What can I buy for $249.99 before I go to the track this weekend?" He asked for advice on how to best utilize the **** he's already got. Nice.

You mean he can't take off the door panels and remove his speakers to save 40 pounds? I mean, that takes about five minutes a door. You didn't mention the passenger seat either: there's another 35 pounds or so. He could also make power simply by disconnecting the PS and AC belts, which you didn't mention, instead insisting that he was at the end of his weight reduction quest and had to start removing the vitals to gain anything more.

You're a tool and I'd advise you to keep your drivel to yourself. If I wanted to look at **** on this message board I'd take a crap on my computer screen.

I do enjoy how you used my "scratch that" as your final little "dig". It's probably the best part of your whole little retort there. Keep it up </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL....you didnt even prove ANY point with all your rhetoric....i make assanine comments whenever i feel required,again sorry if i hurt your ***** (in fact i had no knowledge of vtecvoodoo's post,but just for laughs im gonna search for it)....and my suggestions were completely reasonable....Yes he can go rip all the interior out of the car...PITA IMO.. Your also mad b/c i suggested good tires...NOT ANY SPECIFIC TIRES....Absurd to me....Its only logical you need good meat to hook up. But of course you know that already...and only **** POS like yourself have trouble with my grammer.i dont have any desire to imrpove upon what is comprehendable to a fairly simple mind.

How does disconnecting the belts to a/c or p/s HELP with a weight reduction??? IT DOESNT...probably forgot that amidst your bad day. ONLY REMOVING THEM will help which i suggested, and its a PITA

NEVER did i make ANY reference to "pay money to get decent **** so your car isnt pathetic" THATS all you bud. Seems like your outlook on the converstaion is a little biased.

I hope your reasoning and ability to communicate gets better also......have an **** day MR.****.....
Old 09-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Unceasing Measure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eyewitness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope your reasoning and ability to communicate gets better also......have an **** day MR.****.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes! Mr. ****! I got what I came for... anyone?
Old 09-17-2003, 07:38 PM

Of course.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:12 PM

thanks for the input guys - i think ill be running on the 14's because they have gd tread , and ill set em at 20 psi , remove the spare tire n jack - and take out back an passenger seats that should do me well
Old 09-18-2003, 01:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

in my 97 LX, with stock tires (ie, shitty) my best 60' is 2.5

taht is at normal tire pressure and about a 3500 rpm clutch drop...

what do yall recommend for launching procedure?
Old 09-18-2003, 01:45 PM

Default Re: (nichols_si)

some people take out thier air filter...

put ice on your intake manifold between each run

advance your timing a bit

hmmm... that's all i got