Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

00 DX to EX Cluster issues, pulled out indiglo gauges....

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 DX to EX Cluster issues, pulled out indiglo gauges....

Well first of all i just want to know from anyone thats installed these gauges what do u splice into or disconnect??

Well who ever installed the gauges previosly into this car did something i cant figure out. The stock factory gaugh lights do not work. When the lights are turned on the gauge cluster does not "glow" or light up like it used to. Everything works all the functions lights work check engine oil..etc work. Its just that the dim lights do not work.

I swapped in an EX cluster thinking the origional was fried and like the old one everything works, but the dimming lights. One note on the new EX cluster their is an extra pulg, that the DX one did not have, anyone know what it is for? its green in color and has like 2-4 wires.

All the fuses are good, and when i pulled the indiglo gauges i pulled everything that came with the unit. I dont recall anything mixing with the stock wires with the gauges, so i dont think i messed anything up there. I looked next to the fuse box and looked over most of the wires and nothing looks cut or tapped into.

So anyone have an idea? or know anything regarding this???
Old 10-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i figuered out that i do not need to run the green plug because its for cruise control and something else that the car does not need.

But i am still confuesed of what can be wrong...anyone??
Old 10-13-2004, 09:55 AM

Default Re: (Nerologic)

try checking all the fuses .... but it sounds to me like someone might have hacked at your wiring harness ... if thats the case , it can be quite troublesome to find a short .... just start lookin for spliced or cut wires around your cluster ... , hope any of this helped! good luck
Old 10-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMEG6typeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMEG6typeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try checking all the fuses .... but it sounds to me like someone might have hacked at your wiring harness ... if thats the case , it can be quite troublesome to find a short .... just start lookin for spliced or cut wires around your cluster ... , hope any of this helped! good luck </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah thanks...alreayd tried all that stuf.........

anyone else??
Old 10-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 10-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 10-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 00 DX to EX Cluster issues, pulled out indiglo gauges.... (Nerologic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nerologic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well first of all i just want to know from anyone thats installed these gauges what do u splice into or disconnect??

Well who ever installed the gauges previosly into this car did something i cant figure out. The stock factory gaugh lights do not work. When the lights are turned on the gauge cluster does not "glow" or light up like it used to. Everything works all the functions lights work check engine oil..etc work. Its just that the dim lights do not work.

I swapped in an EX cluster thinking the origional was fried and like the old one everything works, but the dimming lights. One note on the new EX cluster their is an extra pulg, that the DX one did not have, anyone know what it is for? its green in color and has like 2-4 wires.

All the fuses are good, and when i pulled the indiglo gauges i pulled everything that came with the unit. I dont recall anything mixing with the stock wires with the gauges, so i dont think i messed anything up there. I looked next to the fuse box and looked over most of the wires and nothing looks cut or tapped into.

So anyone have an idea? or know anything regarding this???</TD></TR></TABLE>

The green plug is for cruise control, which your DX does not have. Don't worry about plugging it up. Make sure your dimmer switch did not short out. About the cluster with the indiglos, take them off and see if your cluster lights up. The gauges interfere with the back lighting of the cluster. What about the bulbs? Are there like four bulbs with a different color socket than the rest? Those are your back lighting bulbs.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 00 DX to EX Cluster issues, pulled out indiglo gauges.... (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The green plug is for cruise control, which your DX does not have. Don't worry about plugging it up. Make sure your dimmer switch did not short out. About the cluster with the indiglos, take them off and see if your cluster lights up. The gauges interfere with the back lighting of the cluster. What about the bulbs? Are there like four bulbs with a different color socket than the rest? Those are your back lighting bulbs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i read in the shop manual, that the green was only for "cruise" or "**** up" indicator....

the dimmer switch is the only thing that flew over my head, i am going to check that next time i go to her house, that thing is so important to the cluster, thanks for bringing that up

regarding the bulbs and everything on the cluster....her old DXer is thd one that had the indiglo's, i pulled the indiglos out and the running lights wouldnt turn on after a while of messign with it i just convinced her to buy an EX one off ebay. So The new one EX one was perfect and didnt have the indglos...

thanks agian for the suggestion
Old 10-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 10-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

:thumpup:
Old 10-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 10-15-2004, 11:37 AM