Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

[FAQ] Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha (b16aEGcivic)

reload pictures
Old 01-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha (RockLee`)

are these the only e-brake cables that can be used???, its pretty hard to find si lines... since all i can find are teg arms
Old 01-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha (EvilPinkEye)

hey guys please give me your opinion on this one...

i current have a front and rear disc off of a 94 Civic ex-abs, so far from what i understand it is the same an integra disc 10.2 for the fronts and XX rear... i also understand that i have the same prop valves as a 99-00 Si does because i have an 00 civic dx hatch. my question is that i will need an 15/16 MC off of an integra (RS), but do i need to replace my current brake booster as well?

thanks in advance
J

Modified by JDMFreak at 6:51 AM 1/25/2006
Old 01-25-2006, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha (RockLee`)

On a integra, Booster studs are wider.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Need help ordering e-brkae parts

Need help ordering E-brake parts check my thread for the prob just not sure what parts I need to order.
https://honda-tech.com/zero...43106
Old 04-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help ordering e-brkae parts (Flash202)

yea i bought an eg6 rear disc conv. from hmotorsonline and it came with cables. im installing this on my '94 del sol S. so if what im hearing is correct i need cables off of a del sol SI or VTEc then right?

and what about the prop. valve and MC. i got a prop valve from a 93 sol SI that should work right, even though it looks exactly like the one i already have?

and for the MC its still on the car in the junkyard but all SI's i believe are abs brakes...same wit the VTEC models...can i use that MC on my sol (S) which does not have abs.

this hole thing with the e-brake cables has been throwin me off, but i think i got it now and i just need info on the prop. valve and the M.C.

thanx!
Old 04-22-2006, 03:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pics arent working.... but great diy.

im upgrading my brake soon. mine has rear drums at the moment. when i upgrade to all discs (taken from eg6), can i still using my current proportional valve?? also, can my brake lines can still be used for the new rear calipers??

also, what option do i hav for the emergency brake cable? mine is hatch, for the safe bet eg6's cable should do the trick. but what other option that is available for me?

thanks a bunch for answering them. and no, please dont flame me. i just dont hav much experience in this area.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:05 PM

Default Re: (sugarfree)

I did my rear disk conversion on my 92 CX HB. I bought 94 ex rear disks for 150, lifetime warranty brake pads, and energy suspension trailing arm bushings. It brakes perfect, and I didn't change the proportional valve, brake lines, or master cylinder. I think they are all the same parts as disk anyways. In my opinion, as long as it works, don't even bother changing the other parts because you will cause leaks in the brake line. I stripped the brake line bolt for the rear and still used a flared wrench. If you can't get the line to budge its going to strip. I was thinking of geting the proportional valve off a 90-93 integra, but it works, so why bother with it.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Re: (sugarfree)

1st of all, sorry that i have brought up a dead thread but i couldn't find my answer searching.

i need an answer to this quick. Too lazy to read through the entire post. On the front page, it says that i can use a gsr rear brake on a civic. Well, the local junkyard is selling the rear brake setup for $70 off of a GSR w/ABS with trailing arms. I was wondering if i could use this on a 99 civic coupe EX w/out ABS. Or do i need rear disc brake w/out ABS. Also, they have a rear disc swap from a 95 del sol w/trailing arm for the same amount. Would you recommend this over the GSR.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ludakrishna420)

damn, $70, that's really cheap. you don't need abs to do the swap. i say go for it.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: (ludakrishna420)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludakrishna420 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1st of all, sorry that i have brought up a dead thread but i couldn't find my answer searching.

i need an answer to this quick. Too lazy to read through the entire post. On the front page, it says that i can use a gsr rear brake on a civic. Well, the local junkyard is selling the rear brake setup for $70 off of a GSR w/ABS with trailing arms. I was wondering if i could use this on a 99 civic coupe EX w/out ABS. Or do i need rear disc brake w/out ABS. Also, they have a rear disc swap from a 95 del sol w/trailing arm for the same amount. Would you recommend this over the GSR. </TD></TR></TABLE>

They exactly the same so it doesn't really matter which one you buy... the GSR caliper MIGHT be flared slightly differently but it will seal anyway. and if not just use teflon tape on the threads...

If you can look at them first pick which ever one has better bushings.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NonovUrbizniz)

This thread looks like it might be dead/might not however there was good info in here so I decided to post my question here.

I've converted most of my brake system over to 94+ integra on my 98 hatch. I had some bumps along the way so I will state in detail what I've done.

Changed M/C to SI master.
Changed front knuckles, rotors, calipers, hubs.
Changed complete rear trailing arms.. note rear trailing arm bushings were damaged and replaced with Energy Suspension units.

Front and rear assemblies were completely from a 94+ teg however I have a nice alignment issue in the rear. I didn't convert any of the sub arms from the original setup to the Integra setup so I am wondering if any of the arms, LCA, control arm whatever were supposed to be changed on the rear. My alignment issue is that the rear passenger wheel appears to be mounted further outside the wheel well than the driver side and I have a large amount of positive toe. So are some of the arms different on the rears? Also.. what's different on the BB? I don't see the point in changing it.. I have one off an SI but they look the same does the SI one build more pressure?

thanks for any help
Old 11-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha (stackz)

posting for reference
Old 04-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha (drewbie)

Back from the dead.

Quick question. I'm swapping out complete 94-01 Integra GSR rear disc brakes on my 98 Civic Ex. I was originally gonna just swap the enire trailing arm assembly...but come to find out...one of the trailing arm bushings is ripped on the top side, (not usable). I remember reading about what size torx the the four bolts on the back of the hub/knuckle assembly are, (50mm?) and the one nut in the middle is like 20mm or something? But can't find the post/thread anywhere. I'd rather not try and get the bushing out and press a new one in. I have a spare set of 93 DA Integra trailing arms sitting in my garage also...but are the bushings the same size?

I guess what I'm trying to find out is...has anybody just swapped out the whole knuckle assmebly from the trailing arms and how hard was it? I can't imagine the torx head bolts coming out nicely.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1513752
Old 04-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Cboi)

Yes...thank you Cboi.

I also found this helpful little gem:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrakeExpert &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It seems some people don't know what a "spindle" on the back is. First off, there is no "drum trailing arm" nor is there a "disc trailing arm". The trailing arm on ALL 88-00 Civics is exactly the same. The spindle, which holds the brakes, actually detaches from the trailing arm.

This is the bare drum spindle. Notice there is no big long trailing arm attached. Just the hub on it, and slave cylinder. The drum shoes and springs have been disassembled so you can see.

This is the actual spindle, showing how it attaches. Imagine the trailing arm pointing right towards you, as in the tire goes straight up and down in this picture. From the front of the car, this is how it would look. That "spike" goes into the trailing arm via its 24mm big *** nut. and those two screws you see, though there are four.

This is how you detach the spindle from the trailing arm to change from drum to disc. The 24mm axle nut needs some brute force, or a big socket wrench and hammer. The T50 torx bolts are just a bitch and a half. These 4 bolts and nut hold your brakes and wheel onto the car, so no wonder there tightened so much, you dont ever want them coming loose unexpectedly, however they usually dont want to come loose ever. The rusty area is where it touches the traling arm, don't know why Honda chose that shape. The black circle is what the drum stuff mounts to, the circle is for where the e-brake comes in, and that hardline goes to the slave cylinder.

This drum spindle may bolt to ANY 88-00 civic or 90-01 Integra trailing arm (Integras had drums in Japan on the lower models, for reference.)

Modified by Redline57 at 10:20 PM 12/4/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: (gabebauman)

pics
don't work need this thread some one re upload them
Old 04-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha

Originally Posted by stackz
Post #2 information

they are all marked the same, only the valving on the inside is different. God only knows what you'll get if you only go by what is imprinted on the outside of the housing without knowing 100% where the proportioning valve came from. When I had my 99 Si M.C. and Prop valve sitting next to my stock 98 EX parts the only way I knew which was which was from the IAS tag attached to the Si parts.
Well I dont know how true this is, because in the process of gathering parts for my swap, I checked part numbers on MajesticHonda.com and found that the prop valve for a 00 Dx and a 00 Si are the exact same. I havent verified if this only pertains to the 99-00 Prop valves but I can't imagine why there would be any change in design from 96-00. Just an FYI, Maybe Im not understanding something here, feel free to correct me.

Edit:
In fact, I just checked, and the PN for a 96 Dx is 220473, and an 00 Si is also 220473. so unless im mistaken, all Ek prop valves are the same.

Last edited by Romo Pyro; 04-21-2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: *
Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha

yes, yes i did just revive a xxxxx year old thread...lol

okay so now onto my question....
i was wondering how do you disable ABS.. when i got my rear disk assm. we had to cut the hose, ebrake cable... and it was non-abs... oh and what do i do about the ebrake cable now?
Old 03-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: [FAQ] Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha

since u revive this, i also have a question..
i did the rear disc conversion using a 95 EX into my 95 LX with drum..
the compensator arm squeak, replaced with 2 brand new oem one and it still squeak..
why? are the trailing arm from the EX shorter or something? everything is bolt up tight and align.. still squeak when go over bump..how do i know?? open back door, step on the side-step and rock the car up and down..had a friend do this while i trace the noise..it's coming from the trailing arm that hook up to the compensator arm..how do i fix it or anyone with same problem?
Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good info, been lookin for this forever
Old 05-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hehe my reving helped... PEOPLE ON WITH THE ANSWERS CUMMMONNN=P
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not sure where but i read on some thread that if you replace the arm that you should grease up all the joints and stuff or its going to squeak. My guess is grease up whatever you can thats not going to interfere with the breaks haha. Sorry im new to this
Old 06-03-2010, 12:18 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Missing pics still? I have a DIY (not mine) with pics.
http://www.marcanthonyross.com/2012/...n-92-95-civic/

Last edited by grumblemarc; 07-24-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im sure this has been asked plenty of times (or maybe im just a complete noob), I just wanted to know if I should be looking for 2 or 4 door rear disc set-up from 94-01 integras, for my eg ex coupe rear drum-to-disc upgrade I want to do, and is there a difference? I just havent seen it brought up. thnx

Quick Reply: [FAQ] Complete Rear Disc Brake Conversion How-To W/Parts Pictures 56k?? haha