Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

****B series Hydro tranny clutch problem!!need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ****B series Hydro tranny clutch problem!!need help!!

this is whats going on. every time my car sits at idle in neutral with clutch disengaged you hear a deep sucking sound coming from the clutch tranny area, when i press the clutch all the way to the bottom you hear a loud clicking like a chain, when you hold the clutch half way it is quiet. and its hard to drive it, the gears barely go in and after a while the noise gets really loud and the gears will not go in.

now this is a an LSvtec with GSR hydro tranny and the clutch is Exedy Organic Stage 1 with about 5k miles on it, i had the flywheel resurfaced before installation about 6 months ago. so we tried fixing the problem. we pulled the tranny out, me and my mechanic, we checked out the clutch and flywheel. everything looked fine, but he reccomended changing the tranny, the pilot bearing and throw out bearing, so we did. i got a hold of an LS tranny and we greased the throw out bearing and pilot bearing and put it back together. and cranked it up, and the noise was still there no difference whatsoever, i was furious. now what the hell is wrong with my drivetrain. now what could possibly be wrong????do i need a new clutch kit? is it the flywheel? what could it be.....

ok i tried searching it was useless.....i need help please.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is your slave cylinder applying enough pressure to your clutch fork? have someone watch it while you disengage the clutch. it should move about 2 inches. dont go breaking out the ruler, either it will move it sufficiently or not, and if it is the problem, the clicking sound will be coming from there.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iskate2)

the slave cylynder for the clutch is about a year old. if that is the problem what would i have to change?
Old 07-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****B series Hydro tranny clutch problem!!need help!! (BoostedTeggy)

anyone else
Old 07-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****B series Hydro tranny clutch problem!!need help!! (BoostedTeggy)

did you check and make sure the clutch and flywheel are torqued down?... sounds like something may have loosened up on you
Old 07-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ****B series Hydro tranny clutch problem!!need help!! (neutron91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neutron91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you check and make sure the clutch and flywheel are torqued down?... sounds like something may have loosened up on you</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you took off the tranny, did you take off the clutch and inspect it? I just had some weird problems similar to this and my clutch disc looked like this:

That spring was dragging on the pp and causing the clutch not to fully dissengage, which in turn made shifting very hard...

Not sure about the noises, but check the following common things:

- Fork is dislodged
- Clutch line has air(did you open the lines or bend a line?)
- clutch master or slave is bad (check for leaks by clutch pedal and by slave cyl)
- Clutch pp isn't on right and/or not disengaging the disc

Just a couple thoughts. Hope this helps.

Junior