Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

$The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is worth more?

which is worth more?

This

http://www.mautofied.com/1993-Honda-...ing/100417629/

or this

http://www.mautofied.com/1996-Honda-...ing/100421766/

any help would be highly appreciated

Last edited by Former User; 08-19-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: which is worth more?

Id go with the ek being since its built and turbo'd
Old 08-19-2011, 04:12 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: which is worth more?

Originally Posted by DO/\/\O
Id go with the ek being since its built and turbo'd
If you don't know anything about boosted cars and can't prove any of that work was done then I wouldn't.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $$ ►►The Value Thread: What Is It Worth? Should I Buy It? What Will This Cost?◄◄

I yea I know about boosted cars..an he has paper work on the build
Old 08-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $$ ►►The Value Thread: What Is It Worth? Should I Buy It? What Will This Cost?◄◄

I say take what you can make use of. If you like having parts laying around and taking up room thats cool too, haha. A nice upgraded exhaust and steering stuff is more useful than scrap parts you ain't making use of.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $$ What's This Car Worth? Do I Buy It? What Will This Part or Repair Cost? $$

Originally Posted by rawrjaay
so i have a 97 civic front end and a back bumper (it has black housing headlights, and foglights on the front bumper)

a guy wants to trade me a aftermarket quick release steering wheel (whole setup, everything i need for the quick release)

and a greddy ek civic axle back exhaust for my front end and back bumper besides the grill

because im keeping my grill (real oem ctr grill)

is it a good trade or no?

here are some pictures

I say take what you can make use of. If you like having parts laying around and taking up room thats cool too, haha. A nice upgraded exhaust and steering stuff is more useful than scrap parts you ain't making use of.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:13 PM
kLt
Honda-Tech Member

ok...
A guy wants to trade his 92 EG hatch with a SOHC Zc Vtec engine BUT, he told me it has a "Rear main seal leak"

For my Daily Driven 89 EF Si DOHC Zc +goodies

But my question is do you think its worth it? What kinda cost am I looking at to get it fixed? he said it leaks "A good amount of oil"

I asked a friend and he kinda confused the sh*t outta me tellin me it could be all sorts of seals nd what not, tellin me that I might have to rebuild the bottom end, if so, How much? Haven't gone to actually check it out yet but plan on too.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont believe anyone is getting a answer on what something is worth lol. Thread fail?
Old 08-20-2011, 03:27 AM
The Grumpiest

Default Re: $$ What's This Car Worth? Do I Buy It? What Will This Part or Repair Cost? $$

Originally Posted by devinhuynh92
lemme know what you guys think of my ride
This really isn't that kind of thread. You should have the mods split it and put it in the Appearance forum.

But since you asked.
Your build looks like it was half assed and lacks any attention to detail. NOTHING IS CUSTOM.
Engine bay.
It may have been boosted once but isn't now. From the pics the intercooler is NOT hooked up so claiming it's helping with cooling is bogus. Don't know WHAT the box is on the end of the intake pipe is. Parts of the A/C system are still hanging off the engine. Ebay Header and exhaust NOT CUSTOM. Ebay strut bar. Traction bars are probably Ebay too. At least one hose that looks like it goes no where. And anyone can claim the engine was built up.

Exterior
Ebay headlights/taillights and clear corners. Giant Ebay body kit and Ebay wing from the 90's. Dubious choice of paint color and color scheme (as long as YOU like it though).

Interior
Everything except the headunit on the interior is Ebay. Anyone can put a Mugen sticker on something. The pillar pod is about to fall off or was installed IMproperly.

So keeping in the spirit of the thread I'd say your car was worth about $2 grand (because the next owner would have to spend a TON of money to de-rice and de-uglify the whole car.). Maybe $3 grand if you can prove the engine was actually built.

Last edited by grumblemarc; 08-20-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:43 AM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by kLt
ok...
A guy wants to trade his 92 EG hatch with a SOHC Zc Vtec engine BUT, he told me it has a "Rear main seal leak"

For my Daily Driven 89 EF Si DOHC Zc +goodies

But my question is do you think its worth it? What kinda cost am I looking at to get it fixed? he said it leaks "A good amount of oil"

I asked a friend and he kinda confused the sh*t outta me tellin me it could be all sorts of seals nd what not, tellin me that I might have to rebuild the bottom end, if so, How much? Haven't gone to actually check it out yet but plan on too.
Listen to your friend. It's NOT worth it. And without pics "+goodies" doesn't help anyone out.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $$ ►►Value Thread: What Is It Worth? Should I Buy? What Will It Cost?◄◄ $$

is there a price check for integraS?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:16 PM
The Grumpiest

Default Re: $$ ►►Value Thread: What Is It Worth? Should I Buy? What Will It Cost?◄◄ $$

Originally Posted by BlueHatchDx
is there a price check for integraS?
Nope.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess i'll post it here? I hope that's ok. https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/how-much-integra-worth-2971371/
Old 08-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B16AGUY
Just had my EM1 totalled by a Honda Odessy and Plymouth voyager. (they hit each other and proceded to rear end me @ 40 niles/hr while I was parked in traffic)

Rear bumper is toast, center console is broken, trunk is bent, exhaust weld broke and driver side frame rail bent up 45 degrees...I didn't have a scratch... and neither did the stupid vans!!!

2000 SiR (Canadian model) 119,000kms and the insurance gave me a whopping $6000 cdn as it was a salvaged title.

I got no money for my add-ons which is often the case...

Tein SS full suspension
AEM 3" CAI
Type R stainless headers
Urethane torque mounts
Aluminum flywheel
KVR stage 2 ceramic/kevlar combo clutch
Skunk 2 Short shift
Skunk 2 megapower cat back
aftermarket strut braces (upper front and back)

I got to keep my EM1 rims though (yay)

Edit: I was not able to recover any of my add-ons so someone at the acution will be getting lucky I think...
Damn bro...You do know you could have bought the car back from the insurance company likely for around $600 right? you would have made that money back in parting the car out...believe it or not there are some people who would chop the rear of the car off and add a new one just to have an original SIR chassis....some of them are overseas though look into it...
Old 08-24-2011, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bigJOE671
Bought this car for $2200...is it worth it?

-94 Civic Si HB 135,000 miles
-JDM sir cluster
-JDM B16a OBD0 Unknown miles
-Leaking oil from cam seal on exhaust side
-Has coilovers all around (brand?)
-Front and rear camber kit (Skunk 2)
-Front traction bar kit
-No PS/AC
-No radio
-Sunroof is stuck
-Cruise control works and recently just installed ac (blows *cold*)
If its an Original factory Si then yes since its already swapped.... they are very rare on the east coast USA i have personally sold one for $3000 with the stock motor in it... basically just spend good money on a paint job & your all set
Old 08-26-2011, 05:47 AM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: $$ ►► THE VALUE THREAD: What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?◄◄ $$

Sorry if this is too much info but need expert opinions please
I want to sell the car my sister gave me back in 2006. She bought it in CA brand new April 1997, but has spent the majority of its 13 yrs on the East Coast after her divorce. It is a stock 5 spd si w/ 136600 miles. Her and I are the only drivers both well in up in age (53/49). It is well taken care of mechanically, no cels, recent oxy sensor change, Tbelt along with tensioner, water pump, engine belts, gas filter, master cylinder/slave cylinder, cleaned the IACV/TB etc. etc.
The battery & tires are nearly new. Die Hard & Michelin Exalto Pilots. We also have a spare set of mounted winter tires. CD Changer in the trunk.
The negatives are dings, small dents from doors, scratches. Some surface rust in places. Kept outside. Curb rash on alloys. Drivers side seat torn on side. (Covered with cheap seat cover). No factory AC.
I fixed the leak in the trunk by cleaning the discharge line. No leaks inside from the top. Everything works. Does not burn oil or leak from anywhere.
Have original paperwork, manual, radio code blah blah blah.
So am I crazy to sell it? Honestly it doesn't get used enough. I was using it as a spare fun car but now have a new Jeep & use a tacoma as daily driver. No one else in family can drive it but me & I live more in 4wd area.
It is not a must sell but do not want to give it away so any insight is appreciated ie.
I sell alot on CL & Ebay what do you think is the best approach for selling? TIA
Old 09-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $$ ►► THE VALUE THREAD: What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?◄◄ $$

How much for a 98 civic cx
68k miles
D16y7
Intake
Exhaust
Tein S tech
Kyb gr2
Old 09-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by m3tech95
If its an Original factory Si then yes since its already swapped.... they are very rare on the east coast USA i have personally sold one for $3000 with the stock motor in it... basically just spend good money on a paint job & your all set
Yup I wonder how much I will spend!

I have my eye on Granada Black Pearl. So far, I know there's at least like < 15 dings. A ma jor spot is above the tail light where it's really not smooth at all.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $$ ►► THE VALUE THREAD: What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?◄◄ $$

Originally Posted by #Hatch
How much for a 98 civic cx
68k miles
D16y7
Intake
Exhaust
Tein S tech
Kyb gr2
Hows it run? How's the paint? How's the transmission? How's the interior? How's the car history?

$3-$4k for a really clean one
Old 09-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that steering wheels from ebay you can buy that whole setup for $50 brand new
Old 09-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon3 Re: $$ ►► THE VALUE THREAD: What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?◄◄ $$

I found these and they are in my price range but are they really worth. Also worth noting the black civic's owner hasn't shown me the engine bay yet. Is there a way to tell if this is a real si?

SI 1998
http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/2547444263.html

CX 1997
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/2543693325.html

Thanks Guys!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:30 AM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by KrazoMike
I found these and they are in my price range but are they really worth. Also worth noting the black civic's owner hasn't shown me the engine bay yet. Is there a way to tell if this is a real si?

SI 1998
http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/2547444263.html

CX 1997
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/2543693325.html

Thanks Guys!
Are you just going off of looks or something? Apart from being HIDEOUS, the first one has NO info on it and no engine shots. PASS. Hatches were never SIs so this guy is obviously lying AND trying to conceal things.
The second one maybe. The engine bay looks filthy so it might not have been maintained. Definitely talk him down.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks is all I can do till I get someone to send me more pics and test drive.

Yea thought so. I thought he was just crazy and meant to say he had an si implant. YES the flames are horrible. I'll pass since he's not talking back.

The other guy isn't replying back also but he's through email only..

This guy is talking back to me though.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2582053053.html

What do you think?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can I get some input on this posting?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2582053053.html
Old 09-08-2011, 10:18 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

swap value?

seems the economy has gone completely to crap in my area. used to be able to buy a civic, toss in a swap, flip it in two weeks. no more. only thing I'm making money on right now is boat engines/trailer on the side and hauling the hull to the dump lol.

anyway, thinking of just parting the current 93 hatch I had to flip.

its got a b18a1/cable trans swap in it. 68k on them both.
comes with the axles.
comes with the accessories (no a/c though)
comes with the complete engine harness and ecu.
comes with the radiator and hoses.
comes with the swap mounts.
comes with the hydraulic clutch conversion kit already installed.
comes with the shifter + linkage.
comes with a b18b valve cover.
brand new timing belt (8 minutes run time)

doesnt have an exhaust manifold on it (has a turbo setup to be sold separately) and the oilpan is tapped for the turbo return.

so basically, you'd need to get a manifold and under engine pipe as well as an oil pan (or just plug the return in the current one) from a u-pull but other than that, its ready to toss in and crank up.

I have no idea what to ask for it as a swap setup. they can hear it run, that doesnt bother me at all. does $1k sound too high?

Last edited by stackz; 09-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Quick Reply: $The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?