Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

"lost plugs"...take a look at these pics and please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "lost plugs"...take a look at these pics and please help!!

ok, heres the links to the "lost plugs" one is connected to the throttle body and has 'map assy sensor' on it. the other is connected to the wiring harness and has all yellow wires. *what are they for and where do they plug into? will either one or both make my car not start? the one as you can see was cut, it came like that with the motor. we cant find anywhere for them to plug into. by the way, the car is a 93 delsol si w/ a jdm b16a that cranks but wont start. thanks in advance!

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg

Old 06-20-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: "lost plugs"...take a look at these pics and please help!! (SI_niki)

anyone?? really need help w/ this! could be the reason my cars not starting!! come on guys!!
Old 06-20-2004, 08:47 PM

Default Re: "lost plugs"...take a look at these pics and please help!! (SI_niki)

Old 06-21-2004, 04:56 AM

nobody? somes gotta know! please...
Old 06-21-2004, 05:15 AM

not sure but heres a bump
Old 06-21-2004, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What motor.....What car.....What wiring harness....These are all important things to know if anyone is going to help you out.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "lost plugs"...take a look at these pics and please help!! (hatchdrvr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchdrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What motor.....What car.....What wiring harness....These are all important things to know if anyone is going to help you out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SI_niki &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...one is connected to the throttle body and has 'map assy sensor' on it. the other is connected to the wiring harness and has all yellow wires. ...by the way, the car is a 93 delsol si w/ a jdm b16a that cranks but wont start. thanks in advance!</TD></TR></TABLE>

read next time
Old 06-21-2004, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the 2nd one sounds like the one that usually has a blockoff on it (looks like a blockoff but it actually connects wires directly in the connector). Its acutally the power for all of your injectors but it would generally have 4 yellow and 4 yelow with a black stripes. Here I lifted this off another thread.
comparing with your pic this is the exact one. If you really need to get this car started you could just solder 1 yellow to each one of the yellow/blacks and the car will start right up. (its just a +12 volts). The ecu actually grounds the injectors in order so that clip isnt actually important.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "lost plugs"...take a look at these pics and please help!! (JRI94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRI94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

read next time </TD></TR></TABLE>

you're right...my bad, I stopped reading the post halfway through.

The top pic is your MAP sensor on US cars it is located on the throttle body, the JDM ones were on the firewall. I used an existing bolt on the firewall near the throttle body to bolt the Map sensor to and using my stock wiring harness from my DX had plenty of length to plug it in. The other plug I'm not sure about. but good luck.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

the 1 that says map assy sensor is for you map sensor, if your using a JDM harness that is your problem, use the 1 from your del sol and add vtec and knock sensor wires to that harness

**All yellow wires, should be on the drivers side of the car and just dead ends at the shock tower cannon plugs on the drivers side ***
Old 06-21-2004, 07:51 AM

Default Re: (egsleepercivic)

ok, were using my old usdm wiring harness. now we figured the one was the map sensor. my map sensor plug is cut as you can see, so wheres the map sensor plug on my motor to plug into it? we cant find any loose plugs. or are we supossed to cut-n-splice certain wires on the wiring harness w/ the map plug? i hope you guys understand what i mean.