Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

"Best" Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Best" Swap

Okay, I know I have had like three posts about swaps already, and im still a noob, but I am just trying to get the most info. that I can from you guys, since most of you seem to know what you are talking about and because most of you have or know someone that has had experience with all this....so here we go.....I have a 95 civic coupe, and was wondering what the best overall setup would be to swap into it. A ITR, B20/Vtec, or an H22?? I know that it really depends on what I want to do with it; I want to try and keep it all motor , but also have the least amount of possible problems down the road whichever three i end up getting, i plan on re-doing the internals so it will last longer. Bottom line, I want to get the best value (most HP and Torque for the $$) and have the easiet time with it. thanks for any and all help.......if there are any flames on the way, then i guess its my own fault, but please be easy with the flames.....
Old 01-29-2003, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "Best" Swap (cash459)

only flame you'd get is to search, my friend.

searching the recent and mostly the archived topics will inform you of what problems people have had in the past, with 1/4 times and such.

no one can really say what the best motor is for your swap since there is so many variables that you can do about it. there is b16, b18b, b18c, itr motor, ls turbo, and the list goes on blah blah.

just search, and think about what you want, price everything together and you'll come up with your own answer
Old 01-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the best motor for what you described above would be the usdm b18c5 itr motor or the jdm b18c itr motor if you want to save money and still have all of the things the b18c or b18c5 have to offer try a b16a sirII they are strong fast very reliable motors for people on a budget...jdmhondaparts.com is a great place to buy motors from

i got a b16a sirII and i love it to death
Old 01-29-2003, 06:50 PM

Default Re: "Best" Swap (poison)

I have searched and found so many different responses, i guess i was just trying to get an overall idea of what to look forward to. OKay the burning questions that I have are about the B20/Vtec and the H22...I know that the B20 is "supposed to" make some crazy numbers, but is it really worth the price & i have heard that people have had problems with the way it "actually" performs. Is it a better fit than the H22....also, I have read from hellow members that the H22 sits lower and can be a problem for lowered cars...now my car isnt a lowrider or any kind of ricer mobile, but it is lowerd about 1.5-2"all around, and was worried that that would be a problem for me. I also heard horror stories about guys snapping axles with the H22 motor. And correct me if im wrong, but the H22a is better overall than the H22 type-s right, (bcuz of the whole SH thing and ATTS, right?)...i guess when you really get down to it i just want to get the best performing motor (hp & tq) for the least amount of money, not to sound like a cheap bastard or anyhting but im just not made of money and have saved a LOOOOOONG time for this swap, and dont wanna blow-it ....thanks every1
Old 01-29-2003, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also, I have read from hellow members that the H22 sits lower and can be a problem for lowered cars...now my car isnt a lowrider or any kind of ricer mobile, but it is lowerd about 1.5-2"all around, and was worried that that would be a problem for me. I also heard horror stories about guys snapping axles with the H22 motor. And correct me if im wrong, but the H22a is better overall than the H22 type-s right, (bcuz of the whole SH thing and ATTS, right?)...i guess when you really get down to it i just want to get the best performing motor (hp & tq) for the least amount of money, not to sound like a cheap bastard or anyhting but im just not made of money and have saved a LOOOOOONG time for this swap, and dont wanna blow-it
lol oh man. ya the b20/vtec does have some issues still as they are still discovering things from it. the LS/vtec back in the days had this as well, but it's a damn good motor now.

about the h22 being lowered, depends what mounts you go with. but that's mainly the biggest BS I have ever heard. I have the HASport kit and my car is SLAMMED all around and have had absolutely 0 problems.

snapping axles as well, depends what mount kit you go with, and what axles you have.

and you are correct about the Type S swap. ATTS is a nightmare. Hell even installing a clutch into a Type SH prelude was enough of a bitch, let alone hybrid the thing into a civic.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Best" Swap (poison)

Lots of swap info here...

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/

Old 01-30-2003, 03:15 AM
TheWraithLicksNads

Default Re: "Best" Swap (D16Z6racing)

get the ITR swap, why? because less head ach and its just as fast as a h22a

ITR swap: bolt in hardly any wiring is needed and can be done in a day, and no need to upgrade internals
H22a swap: you need new mounts wiring I believe is more stress full then the ITR swap
b20/vtec: your a n00b and I would think you wouldnt have the slightest on how to build a motor so scratch that

Old 01-30-2003, 04:51 AM

Default Re: "Best" Swap (Keyser Soze)

yah either go with the B18C swap, or use the B18B and slap a fat *** turbo on it!!!!